doubles problem

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by master_taz101, May 27, 2011.

1. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

last time i played doubles....we we're about to win when suddenly they we're like threatening my teammate by giving the shuttle to him all the time...ending up him being smashed by our enemy. I felt so helpless as a partner. I really wanted to help my partner but i just couldnt because they dont give me an opportunity for the shuttle...

what can I do in case something like this happens again? I want to be able to help my partner

Any advices or techniques..? if ever this has already been posted pls give me the link. thanks to all!! =)

2. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Theres not much you can do to be fair. The best option, is try to get him to attack the shot and get him to move into the net and cover it so any lift, you can get and take the attack.

The worst thing he can do it keep lifting it cause 1 will eventually be weak and half court and he wil get pounded!!

3. master_taz101

wew thats something we'll have to deal with! thanks a lot!

anyways, this post is still open for opinions and suggestions..

just dont hesitate..thanks a lot!

4. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

in doubles you're always trying to attack the weaker player and put pressure on the entire team. what kinds of shots were they pressuring him with? smashes? drops? you can try to work with your partner on improving his defense.

also, serve/receiving serve are very important. work on pushing/drive/dropping the serves back instead of just lifting to stay on the offense and not give your opponent the chance for an immediate attack. if your partner is a weaker backcourt player, try to come up with a game plan that can get him to move forward and play in the front when you guys are attacking.

5. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

When 1 partner is significantly stronger than the other, there are some tactics that may help:

The stronger partner should tend to lift/clear straight, whereas the weaker partner should lift/clear cross-court. This enables the weaker partner to defend the cross-court which is easier.

The stronger player should refrain from cross-court drops and cross-court smashes. Attacking the gap between the opposition is fine, but putting the shuttle wide of the cross-court defender enables them to put a huge amount of pressure on your partner.

Take a fraction of power off your smash. Placement is just as important as power. If you're smashing hard but high, the opposition can use drives to force a weak shot. Smashing at 80-90% but with a much better (i.e. steeper) angle may get fewer winners, but will keep the pressure & the attack on the opposition. They'll struggle to pick on your partner from there.

Good luck.

6. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

It seems like the opposing team became desperate. You could do really high lifts all the way to the back, it's much easier to return. Or the front and back type of formation. Although it isnt ideal for defending against a smash, at least this time the chances of you getting to the ball will be higher. you can let your partner hide behind the net while you do all the work. :) Keep a good singles defense and make them commit errors.

7. master_taz101

so we should try our best to be on the attacking side....thanks a lot guys!!

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    its called transition. Just train regularly with him and think of best way to approach a game. Communication is important. ;)

9. visor

visor Regular Member

don't forget your side can attack their weaker player too!

10. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Is there any chance you are Cai Yun ?? lol