Brake spring for lockout tensioner

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Gary Lee, May 28, 2011.

1. Gary Lee

Gary Lee Regular Member

Student
    Hi, i've been using my Eagnas 250 for quite a while now, and recently its workload has increased dramatically, and as a result the lockout spring has become loose. For example, when i wind the crank and the lever pops out, it doesn't lock properly and the tension head is able to slide forward, losing the tension. It is calibrated to the correct tension...only problem is that sometimes it can't hold it and i have to manually pull the lever to ensure the brake is on properly. Anybody know where i can get a replacement spring? or will any old reasonably strong spring do?
    Thankyou :D

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hm... did you try asking Eagnas?

3. Gary Lee

Gary Lee Regular Member

Student
    haha well i got my machine oversease...& it seems that the place where i got it from has gone bankrupt and shut down :S im thinking of just going to the hardware store and look for a suitable replacement there, but if people know where i can get spare parts online...that'd be great :D

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You can drill another hole in the L-shaped bracket that holds the spring to the tension head - this has the effect of stretching the spring so the brake disc will be held better.

Attached Files: