Familiar with GBSSA?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by Majin Legacy, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Majin Legacy

Majin Legacy Regular Member

I'm just wondering if there are any people in the GBSSA region that are here. It'd be nice to know theres a familiar face in the forums, since I'm new. Has anyone here even heard of the region?

2. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    no sorry i haven't. but if your region is easy to get into ofssa with, i'll be moving over this summer, we can be nieghbours

3. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    isn't that the Georgian Bay area?
    I've heard of it but I hear that there are no good players there.
    Possibly because they are no TRUE badminton clubs.

4. Majin Legacy

You couldn't be more correct. The only decent players we have are Brad Deluca (19th, U19), He should be a little higher in ranking, but he didn't get to play alot of doubles or mixed at the tourneys. Julia Yavorskaya (11th, U16 girls), Muoi An Truong at 8th (U19 girls), along with her partner Debbie Adamson at 13th (U19 girls). Only real decent players in the ENTIRE region which is kinda sad. All from my club, which is kinda cool. And, no we don't have any TRUE badminton clubs, nothing like Lee's, or Granite. But at least we have a place to play 3 times a week on a GOOD court (Almost identical to Harwoods floor) Meh, at least we get an easy ride to OFSAA, which is always nice. (Not sure if I could even get past regionals in Toronto =/) But yeah, we could definitely use some more decent players. Regionals here consisted of our entire team making the Georgian Bay region finals. (A few default wins)

5. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    i believe that i played 2 gbssa players at ofsaa last year.....

6. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    And did you win?...:D
    If you say no I'm gonna slap u!...:p

7. Majin Legacy

Eh, we didn't do too bad at OFSAA last year, considering what region we're from. Out of the 10 people that went to OFSAA from our school last year, they all made B flight which isn't so bad, I don't think. Our boys and girls singles were knocked out early on. Nanashi, would you have happened to play Brad Deluca? Furthermore, did you win B flight last year? If so, he was your first or second match I think. Our girls doubles got silver, which our schol was thrilled about (Kinda sad eh?) But meh, just shows you how we are :p

8. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    get ready to slap!! haha.. j/k.... actually, we spent the entire second game contemplating whether or not we wanted to kick ourselves down to C flight...

majin, i played doubles, so i didn't play brad

meh, by the time i reached B, i had no will to play (as zero would know about, heh), so i screwed around..... but that isn't an excuse, so i lost in second round b...

9. Majin Legacy

Ah, you played Andrew Lauritzen and Mike Ivkovich then? Wait, you said you were spending the entire second game who was going to be bumped down to C? All our players made B flight though... :confused:

10. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    are you sure?? maybe it wasn't gbssa then..... i thought it was... maybe it wasn't...