User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB@TB Em View Post
    Hi guys,

i play Badminton for about 4 years now (every year a league higher), iīm 20 years old, height 192 cm, weight about 86 kg, quite muscular, in good physic shape.
    My strengths are good understanding of the game and defense, drops, net play, drives....weakness are smashes (but getting better). (fits to what others say about me)

In our club we play Winex Squaredynamic 800 Tournament (good cost-value ratio), but the better i got, the more i thought this isnīt the best racket for me.

So i decided to buy at least 2 good new rackets (price regardless).

My question now is: Can you suggest rackets to me. I know the names, but donīt know what they are standing for (which racket fits to the different types of players). If theres already a thread about it pls link it.

Tell me what racket should suit best to me (should i play a racket which allows good smashin bc it is one of my weaknesses and and and)! My favs are yonex rackets, but iīm opened for any brand...

Thx for any help!
    6feet2in @ 190lbs, that's pretty good for a 20yr old

victor superwave 35 smashes well for me
    yonex voltric 70 smashes well but i have good control as well.

in general, when you have a chance to search thru the website of badminton stores, look at the specs, if it's head heavy balance, it's good for smashes, generally. take some time and see if you can borrow your friends' rackets and swing a few shots, feel it. most important is really how it feels in your hand. if it's a good smash racket but you hate the feel of it, i promise you that you won't use it. good luck and let us know what you end up buying

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    I find it funny that no one asked you your swing speed before suggesting a model, considering the fact that it is the major element to have in mind when choosing what stiffness will fit you.

If you are not an "enforcer" and prefer to play the game with precision, patience and want a faster racket for this purpose, an even balanced or head light racket would be something to try out.
    i guess the OP was being really general, but good point!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the MX series are too stiff for you. I would suggest even-balanced or little headhavy rackets with not too stiff shaft. Yonex Voltric 70, Victor Superwave 35, Yonex Arcsaber 7/10.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Isn't the Voltric 70 head heavy and I mean really balanced towards the head? Victor Superwave 35 is considered extra stiff, maybe you meant the SW37?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Superwave 35 isn't as stiff like the MX80. I found SW35 is easy to generate power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you plan to buy 2 racquets, I recommend one of them to be a Carbonex 20-that will be a great all rounder and benchmark for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have been using arc 10 for 2 years almost and recently start using victor LYD, and this is the best racket i have played with so far, i have used Voltric 7 and AT900t also, for double i would say LYD is best racket playing from back or front this racket is very quick. i do not feel tired after playing couple of hours as compared to other rackets i have used. Arc 10 is very good racket but it thick it requires much more skill level to use it, at my level i am very happy with LYD. One have to really try the racket for their style of play.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get all these guys come here and suggest mx80 or sw35. If one's weakness is smashing, then it probably isn't best to suggest rackets that are most demanding in this area!

every racket recommendation thread that comes up now the first suggestion is mx80 regardless of OP content. ridiculous.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ True, it should be a racket that makes it easy to smash, not some extra stiff racket with no give whatsoever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2