Sunridge pick up games/training partners

Discussion in 'Sunridge Badminton Centre' started by ehgkwok, May 31, 2011.

1. ehgkwok

ehgkwok Regular Member

Engineer
    To my knowledge Sunridge will be opening sometime the first week of June. Save Friday drop-ins, courts will primarily be available for court bookings.

I will be moving to Calgary in June for work and excited about the opening of this Centre

For those like me looking to find partners I hope this thread to be a meeting place for those interested in organizing games, and take advantage of Sunridge Badminton Centre for some competitive games and/or training

Some Basic information about yourself will help this process in finding suitable partners.

For myself, I am 23, consider myself an advance to competitive player (looking to find a tournament partner). Looking to play/train pretty much anytime outside of work hours.

Oh male, since that may or may not help, lol

Cheers

2. druss

druss Regular Member

While I don't live in Calgary, I will be down there on business quite often over the next few months and wouldn't mind playing a few times myself. I was a mid-high B player in Alberta when I was in my 20's but really just play socially now. I'm 37 and male.

3. ehgkwok

ehgkwok Regular Member

Engineer
    Sounds good. I'll do my best to keep this thread updated and organized, we'll definitely get some games in. Will eventually work towards an email list and google docs spreadsheet.

4. agentm

agentm Regular Member

I don't live in Calgary anymore but I come to Calgary every 2-3 weeks and I'm a intermediate to advance player. I'll pm you when I get there next time since I just left Calgary. I wish I was in my 20's but now in early 40's. I'm from Toronto and love this game and I played everywhere around the world.

5. ehgkwok

ehgkwok Regular Member

Engineer
    Sounds good, just give me a shout

6. maski

maski New Member

when are you guys going here? I'm planning to drop-by sometime and have a good games. Let me know if I can join you. Would be nice to know more badminton players in Calgary :)

7. ehgkwok

ehgkwok Regular Member

Engineer
    I'll be pretty much trying to play whenever i can after work. And I am trying to build up a list of players that people can get a hold of.

8. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Hey, I just moved to Calgary for work! Wondering where in town do you guys play mostly? Just Sunridge?

9. ehgkwok

ehgkwok Regular Member

Engineer
  10. Chinanewf

Chinanewf Regular Member

Chemical Engineer
    Hey, I'm 24, advanced to competitive and looking for someone around the same level to get some good games in. I use to play 3 times a week before moving to Calgary from Toronto but haven't been able to keep that up. For anyone who gets this, I'd like to go play at Sunridge today June 2,2012 at 12:00-1:00pm if anyone is interested or has a group I could jump in with!