User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    What makes you think he's all alone here? Didn't you see other posters as well as many unseen ones who keep themselves updated reading what Uncle Loh has kindly and painstakingly undertaken upon himself to do for us? Kudos to him.

Yup I can count the # of posters here easily. As for the unseen ones

And what do you mean "No wonder he has to visit other threads lor."? Who says he can only confine himself here in this thread, what logic is that?

I did not say he has to confine himself here. It was you who'd made up that statement. To make myself clear, what I meant was after merely glancing through all 3 pages in this thread, no wonder he found other threads has more discussions going on therefore......

If you wish to "help" or contribute anything,you're most welcome;if not,it's fine too.

I don't know what can be discussed here.

Yes,that's right, Singapore Also Can.
    Yup you're right. Singapore! Singapore! Singapore! You must be cheering her name come Olympic.

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    we appreciate Loh's efforts on updating the info inside this thread. if you have something positive to offer here, it'll be greatly welcomed. if not, your absence in this thread will not be missed at all.
    Something positive? I can see many negative postings of his in other threads!!

Anyway let me try. I remembered that once back in the early 00's, Zhao Jian Hua as touted by many as one of the greatest badminton player ever (even better than LD) had coached the Singapore National team if I am not mistaken. But I couldn't remember any prominent name that came up under his charges. What actually happened?
    Last edited by flite; 07-01-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flite View Post
    Yup you're right. Singapore! Singapore! Singapore! You must be cheering her name come Olympic.

Something positive? I can see many negative postings of his in other threads!!

Anyway let me try. I remembered that once back in the early 00's, Zhao Jian Hua as touted by many as one of the greatest badminton player ever (even better than LD) had coached the Singapore National team if I am not mistaken. But I couldn't remember any prominent name that came up under his charges. What actually happened?

You are in the wrong thread.

Since I presume you are a Malaysian, you must have read the numerous postings on "Malaysia Boleh", "Malaysia Boleh" or you are too new to this forum to have missed them entirely.

Malaysia has some of the best coaches in the world, from China to Indonesia and even Denmark, yet how many of your national players have made it big time apart from LCW? Even LCW has not captured the most prestigious crown - the Olympics.

Singapore is just a small country and we aspire to being able to compete in the international sporting arena, to be relevant and engaged. If a much bigger country like Malaysia finds it hard to be at the top, Singapore should be happy that once in a while our players are able to beat some of the higher ranked players in the world, including Malaysia.

Sure we will cheer for our players and our team whenever possible just as it is the inherent right of other countries to cheer for their teams. "Singapore Also Can" do what others are able to, and sometimes better is good for us and our sporting aspirants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    You are in the wrong thread.

Since I presume you are a Malaysian, you must have read the numerous postings on "Malaysia Boleh", "Malaysia Boleh" or you are too new to this forum to have missed them entirely.

Malaysia has some of the best coaches in the world, from China to Indonesia and even Denmark, yet how many of your national players have made it big time apart from LCW? Even LCW has not captured the most prestigious crown - the Olympics.

Singapore is just a small country and we aspire to being able to compete in the international sporting arena, to be relevant and engaged. If a much bigger country like Malaysia finds it hard to be at the top, Singapore should be happy that once in a while our players are able to beat some of the higher ranked players in the world, including Malaysia.

Sure we will cheer for our players and our team whenever possible just as it is the inherent right of other countries to cheer for their teams. "Singapore Also Can" do what others are able to, and sometimes better is good for us and our sporting aspirants.
    Its nice that this post of yours showed a little humility. Its good to be humble after all since many countries (maybe except China, Ind, Den, Kor) and most of their players have not been producing ANY prominent results at the international stage let alone the most prestigious of them all, the Olympics.

Malaysia is a small country just like Singapore (if size does matter in the first place), when compared to other power-house nations in badminton. There is no use to hire the best coaches if there is no system. Zhau Jian Hua once coached Singapore and what have you people achieved?? On top of that, we have the most corrupted B.A of them all which were run by fools and idiots!

The point is if we were to strike and belittled those who did not manage to capture the Olympic (lcw has a silver anyway) or many other accolades a few levels below, there are many other players besides him to begin with.
    Last edited by flite; 07-02-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please note again you are in the wrong thread and you are the one who tried to belittle SIN and condemn your own institution and officials.

MAS is many times the size and population of SIN and therefore cannot be a small country compared to SIN.

Of course we have achieved something, whether big or small and we will continue to strive for the best outcome within our limited resources.

Maybe you are ignorant of the fact that ZJH coached our national team part time as he was working full time in a commercial organisation.

And it will do you well not to try to belittle or humiliate SIN in the way you tried to for whatever reason best known to yourself especially in this thread which you are totally off topic.

This is not the right forum for you to vent your anger, jealousy or hate against SIN.
    Last edited by Loh; 07-02-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Please note again you are in the wrong thread and you are the one who tried to belittle SIN and condemn your own institution and officials.

MAS is many times the size and population of SIN and therefore cannot be a small country compared to SIN.

Of course we have achieved something, whether big or small and we will continue to strive for the best outcome within our limited resources.

Maybe you are ignorant of the fact that ZJH coached our national team part time as he was working full time in a commercial organisation.

And it will do you well not to try to belittle or humiliate SIN in the way you tried to for whatever reason best known to yourself especially in this thread which you are totally off topic.

This is not the right forum for you to vent your anger, jealousy or hate against SIN.
    You are getting a little too paranoid. Is it because of all the belittlement and disrespect you showed at other threads that makes you think that way? Take it easy.

Talking about condemning of my own institution, it was actually another way to say that even with that kind of poor governance, we can still produce LCW. What do you have? Talking about jealousy, what is there for me to jealous about when it comes to Singapore badminton? Pardon me if I being too straightforward.

Looking at it, will it be more proper to say that you were actually the one trying to vent your anger out of jealousy and hatred towards Mas badminton as far as achievements are concerned?

Back to Singapore badminton, its good to know that you all are striving very hard to achieve the best. Be it big or small, majors, superseries or even world rankings it still required plenty of hardwork and talent if you not already know.

Unlike 'tikam' that only requires pure luck.
    Last edited by flite; 07-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

chill guys.

i am going to close this thread for now for the temperature to cool down. after it reopens and anyone try to start another argument we will start banning people.

thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4