!!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! Ti10 EQUIVALENT

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by immiexx, Jun 2, 2011.

1. immiexx

immiexx Regular Member

PLEASE HELP GUYS. I have been playing with Yonex Ti-10 rackets for the last decade and in the last 6 months have been forced to buy another racket as i broke the last Ti-10 i had in my possession. I am currently playing with the Yonex Voltric 70 but do not like the thinning of the handle at the top end.

I purchased all of my Ti10's from a reputable UK stockist and they have been absolutely phenomenal to play with.

Could anyone help me with what would be the closest racket to the Ti-10?? As i cannot find genuine Ti-10's anywhere.

Thank you for your help and comments.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    which gen?
    Ti-10 has many different gen
    gen 1 is the best one (but pretty fragile)
    if you do really want it, it might even cost you $500 (As 1st gen considered as classic racket)

they produce the third gen:
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25_26_70

and if you do want to wait, they also going to produce the Ti-10 limited edition
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...i-10-Limited?p=1667796&viewfull=1#post1667796

as for your answer, sadly I never use a Ti-10, so I cannot really answer

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

4. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

Yes, I think the Tpros are going to be very similar from what I hear. I think the sotx woven 7 and woven 9 are fairly close as well. W7 is a little heavier and W9 is a little lighter. Too bad the W8 is completely different :rolleyes:

5. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I've searched too, but couldn't really find a replacement. The closest in my opinion was the Carbonex 30 Muscle, but it's discontinued. If the feeling isn't a problem, I like the Arcsaber 10 as a replacement. The 2nd and 3rd gen Ti10 were head light. I would say that the Ti10 1st gen was more even balanced. Try the Arcsaber 10 if you have a chance to do so.

6. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    bro,
    why wanna find replacement when ti10 is none replaceable !
    TBH has quit NS9900 and move back to Ti10...u wanna know why?????

7. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I would disagree about the cab30muscle... it's stiff, but not as stiff as ti10. arc10 is fairly flexible. if you want to replace your ti10 first gen, you'll need something really stiff and headheavy

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The W7 is the nearest thing to it (1st Gen Ti10). Whether it is heavier or lighter depends. The W7 hovering around 89g so if your Ti10 was a 2U then it will be lighter, but if 3U it would be heavier.

The 1st Gens are still available new if money is not an issue. Like people have said though $400 should be the best you could get. Heck, if you want to pay that much I will sell mine!

I would say Upro is more comparable to Ti10 than Tpro. I would say the Upro is more forgiving as well, so might be worth a try. They can also be had for a fraction of the price.

9. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Maybe this is the case with the 2nd and 3rd gen, but the 1st gen is not as stiff as you think it is. Tha cab30ms has simular built in material and a 3U Cab30MS is just as good as the Ti10 1st gen. Because it is not as stiff and even balanced and almost the same slim built as the Arcsaber 10, this is a good match. The ARC10 will feel different, but the control and power are very easy to adapt when you are used to the Ti10. I agree that they are not direct replacements and that they feel different.

10. dimcorner

dimcorner Regular Member

Closes thing I have found to the original Ti-10 is a 3rd gen Ti-10.
    The TPro I have is lighter than my old 3u Ti-10 so it doesn't feel quite the same, but maybe a heavier T-Pro would be closer.

11. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Possibly a 2U 3rd gen Ti-10.

It has the weight and 'meat' of a traditional Ti-10 1st gen.

12. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    wanna trade with my 2u Ti10?

13. pop88

pop88 Regular Member

N50 II is exactly the copy of Ti10 1 gen, but with little softer shaft.

14. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
  15. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

N50 (Fu Haifeng used before F9) :D

just read from an old thread:
    "The N50 is a direct improvement from the lengendary YY Ti10, looking at their BP, the shaft length, the handle length, etc, both rackets are very similar. However, the Li Ning N50 outgun the T-10 when it comes to the solid feel during game plays (drop shots and controlling net plays seem very easy) and the smashes it generates are more powerful as compared to the smashes generated by the Ti10 (maybe the tensions play a part as I strung my Ti10 at 24lbs and my N50 at 25lbs, both with NBG98 strings). "

N55-II has an inner conic shaft (thinner towards the head) quicker and more flex, totally different timing than N55

or you can try go backwards and look for Cab21sp 2u version (stiff, head heavy) :D

16. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

VT80 in my opinion. I feel it is an improvement of G1 Ti10> does everything except a little lighter and faster for defense.

17. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I agree. From my experience with it the VT80 also reminds me of a very head heavy version of the G1 Ti10 which makes it very suitable to use for singles play. The G1 Ti10 is but even balance (same as the MP100 and NS9900) and not really head heavy as what a lot of people erroneously insist.

In terms of racquet behaviour during play the VT80's heavy frame will make the user feel harder compared to the G1 Ti10 to keep at above waist level (which is important for fast doubles game). But the defensive and offensive character of both racquets feel similar to me although with a slight noticeable improvement with the VT80.

Another similar racquet to the G1 Ti10 is the NS9900, although it does feel slightly stiffer and harder to whip with a full arm swing and you will need a sound technique to swing the NS9900 fast enough to achieve the big smashes that you can achieve with the G1 Ti10. Some people like this fact while some do not. The NS9900 is much better in defence though.

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I collect badminton racquets and have been playing at a decent level for some 20+years now, one of my favourite racquets to use is the Ti-10 which I have been using since it's arrival for some 10+years. I currently have 4 Ti10's that I still play with (UK and SP, 2U+3U). Having amassed and used a fair number of racquets in my time, I would personally say that the Ti10 is without question, a head heavy racquet.

The SP versions are noticeably more even balanced than the UK version, but I would still classify it as "head heavy". I have several even balanced racquets including the MP100, MP99, Arc8DX and several Carbonex racquets and the Ti10s are definitely more head heavy than any of these.

The UK G1 Ti10 2U is the most head heavy racquet I have ever used - and I have used quite a few. I have only tried the SP and UK versions of the G1 Ti10 so cannot comment on others. But judging by the significant difference in the balance of these two versions alone, I can understand why there is such a difference in opinion on it's balance.

Where I notice the balance difference the most is in playing backhand clears. With the SP versions, I can usually BH clear baseline to baseline. With the UK version I tend to struggle as the racquet head speed is slower.

Back to the OP's question.

There's no obvious replacement to the Ti10, it has quite a unique feel and characteristics that I have not found in any other racquet. Having said that, as a Ti10 fan, I have recently taken a liking to the arc8dx. It is stiffer and more even balance than the Ti10 but it does seem to suit me quite well. It's not a replacement for the Ti10 but as a fellow Ti10 fan it might suit you too?

19. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

This is interesting. Thanks for bringing it up. I personally have a few SP and CP coded G1 Ti10 all 2U and all their balance points are around 288mm which is the same as my MP100 (both 2U and 3U, IP, SP and BX coded).

What I do know the special characteristic feel of the G1 Ti10 is its head swing speed and a big feedback feel when the stringbed contacts the shuttle. I feel that the VT80 and NS9900 have at least close to that feel but its not exactly the same as you mentioned.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

the mx80 due to its extra stiff shaft and frame offers excellent feel and feedback, and with a racket head wt between vt80 and ns9900 is just slightly head heavy.... have you given that a try?