User Tag List

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 205 to 221 of 270
  1. #205
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We lost already :P The schedule changed?

  2. #206
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towbsss View Post
    We lost already :P The schedule changed?
    Eh, what?
    Evidently, TS didn't get the message....
    Who do you play next in the group stage?
    Last edited by cobalt; 07-28-2012 at 03:01 PM.

  3. #207
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We play Japan tomorrow night, and Poland on Tuesday night, London time.

  4. #208
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,894
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Best of luck, Toby. Go for broke!

  5. #209
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,438
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Toby,

    Keep on at it. Very tough first match. Give it everything for the next two!

  6. #210
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Michelle & Alex are through to the WD semi-finals!!!!
    YES, YES!!!!

  7. #211
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,371
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now they get a opportunity to play for a medal...*** thumbs up ***

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Michelle & Alex are through to the WD semi-finals!!!!
    YES, YES!!!!

  8. #212
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Michelle & Alex are through to the WD semi-finals!!!!
    YES, YES!!!!
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the chances are they will play Sorokina/Vislova who already beat them

    Also, nobody will give any of the medalist credit for what they've achieved. The Women's doubles event will always be overshadowed and anything won will never be recognized fully.

  9. #213
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but the chances are they will play Sorokina/Vislova who already beat them

    Also, nobody will give any of the medalist credit for what they've achieved. The Women's doubles event will always be overshadowed and anything won will never be recognized fully.
    Sorry to disagree, but I believe this is karma! The top WD teams got what they deserved under the circumstances. The next best players reaped the benefits of staying on the straight-and-narrow, and I'm not about to take it away from them!

    Besides, I just said they're through to the semis; I didn't mention anything about a medal... but I'd love for them to get one, obviously! They have two of three teams they could possibly end up playing against in 2 matches.

    Anything is possible! Hasn't the past 48 hours shown just that?

  10. #214
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but I believe this is karma! The top WD teams got what they deserved under the circumstances. The next best players reaped the benefits of staying on the straight-and-narrow, and I'm not about to take it away from them!

    Besides, I just said they're through to the semis; I didn't mention anything about a medal... but I'd love for them to get one, obviously! They have two of three teams they could possibly end up playing against in 2 matches.

    Anything is possible! Hasn't the past 48 hours shown just that?
    I really don't see how Fujii and Kakiiwas Karma after shutting out Ponappa/Gutta which was the surely stronger than most of the remaining quaterfinalists by playing to loose agianst Taiwan, could be karma good enough to earn them a silver medal they now seem likely to get?!?! Maybe Sakaya Sato got their Karma??

  11. #215
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    [0,0,0]
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm Canadian but I really can't get excited about this. Although if they do medal it would be fun for every Canadian badminton fan to bombard the Chinese National Association's email inbox with emails containing those online thank you cards.

  12. #216
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Sorry to disagree, but I believe this is karma! The top WD teams got what they deserved under the circumstances. The next best players reaped the benefits of staying on the straight-and-narrow, and I'm not about to take it away from them!
    Sure, but there were stronger pairs left in the draw, it's true to say that the pairs that benefited were the weakest in the whole draw! (barring the Russians)

    Besides, I just said they're through to the semis; I didn't mention anything about a medal... but I'd love for them to get one, obviously! They have two of three teams they could possibly end up playing against in 2 matches.
    I'd love them to win a medal too, might raise the game a bit, but not the way I'd like to win a medal, besides Indonesia were really unlucky, they got caught up in China and Korea's games and got punished for it.

    Anything is possible! Hasn't the past 48 hours shown just that?
    Why, what did I miss?

  13. #217
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twobeer View Post
    I really don't see how Fujii and Kakiiwas Karma after shutting out Ponappa/Gutta which was the surely stronger than most of the remaining quaterfinalists by playing to loose agianst Taiwan, could be karma good enough to earn them a silver medal they now seem likely to get?!?! Maybe Sakaya Sato got their Karma??
    Maybe. I can't say. I think, karma is a funny thing: It can come around and bite you on your @$$ when you least expect it, or give you a freebie when you think you don't deserve it. If you discover your truth, I'll be happy for you.

  14. #218
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's miracle in badminton..

  15. #219
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All I can really say is: "It is what is it is."

    With it being their opportunity, I really have no comments because it's not my moment, it is theirs. However, I do wish them all the best and whatever comes to be will be. We have to take into consideration that whether they deserve it or not is entirely a personal view, as what one person believes is different that what someone else may believe.

    However, if anyone else was in their position, they would seize that opportunity. I know I would, so that's why I hope they can seize their opportunity. Regardless of what has happened in the past, it can't be changed. So I hope they can change the future and at least enjoy the moment.

  16. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by towbsss View Post
    All I can really say is: "It is what is it is."

    With it being their opportunity, I really have no comments because it's not my moment, it is theirs. However, I do wish them all the best and whatever comes to be will be. We have to take into consideration that whether they deserve it or not is entirely a personal view, as what one person believes is different that what someone else may believe.

    However, if anyone else was in their position, they would seize that opportunity. I know I would, so that's why I hope they can seize their opportunity. Regardless of what has happened in the past, it can't be changed. So I hope they can change the future and at least enjoy the moment.
    If Canada get a medal, surely this would be grounds to receive more overall funding?

  17. #221
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Medal especially, but even making the Quarters was a bonus. Semis is a plus, and anything else is even better. However, I don't know how long it would take for them to implement changes, but I'll keep asking haha

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    : 11-12-2010, 09:14 PM
  2. Blogs of Badminton Players
    By KlasseE in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    : 10-25-2008, 09:27 AM
  3. Canadian National Juniors
    By Hawkefire in forum General Forum
    Replies: 8
    : 04-24-2005, 09:24 PM
  4. Players websites
    By AustrianPower in forum General Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 02-12-2005, 02:18 AM
  5. Players websites
    By jump_smash in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 04-14-2004, 08:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •