User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 270
  1. #86
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towbsss View Post
    I'm not too clear on your question, but if you're wondering how I prep for a match that starts at 2pm, I'd probably try to get a brief hit for an hour earlier in the morning if possible (maybe 8-9am), then refuel and rest until then. Obviously I'd go for an earlier lunch to digest properly and I would try to get to the venue an hour before the match. I know it changes from venue to venue based on warm up court availability, but generally I'd like to do some slow stretching while listening to music for about 20-30 mins, then try to hit on court for another 20-30 minutes. I need the stretching, as I'm personally quite stiff haha... but my coach has told me you should be able to get yourself ready in only 30 minutes, as I often see the Koreans warm up quite well in only a brief amount of time. Then again, that's probably because they've already hit earlier in the day and had a proper warm up. Hope that answers your question
    Thanks , you answered my question . When will your team be arriving to London ?

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towbsss View Post
    Thank you :-) As far as I know, Yonex is paying decent money to Badminton Canada for the National Team sponsorship. Black Knight still operates with National level players and a lot of Juniors. They have sponsored some coaches including Anna Rice, our former top Canadian WS. They also do a lot of stuff for Squash. I think 10 out of the 13 National Team athletes were already using Yonex, with 2 Black Knight, and 1 Babolat, so I think it's easier with Yonex. A lot of us do prefer Yonex product over Black Knight as well... I personally don't know how successful it would be if it was a Black Knight sponsorship instead.
    I guess team Canada is not that much interest for "big guys" like Li-Ning and Victor, as the level isn't really "up there"? And Black Night is proably, as you say both to small, and would not provide better stuff than YY.

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @staiger
    I think most of us will arrive around noon-ish on Saturday, while a couple of players will come late Friday night, and some on Sunday I believe. Of course, we had to book our own flights, so that's why we're all scattered around :P


    @twobeer
    I'm not sure how it worked, but I suppose Yonex Canada went and made an offer to Badminton Canada and they accepted. I was told that Victor Canada didn't have a chance to 'bid' for the National Team contract, so I would be guessing that the other companies didn't get a shot either (i.e. Wilson, Black Knight). Li Ning doesn't seem to be very big in Canada yet, as I haven't seen too many people using it, and there are also no sponsored players that I know of in Canada. Regardless, 10 out of the 13 National Team players are already using Yonex, and the other 3 (2 Black Knight, 1 Babolat) were given the option to switch, but they turned it down.

  4. #89
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towbsss View Post
    @staiger
    I think most of us will arrive around noon-ish on Saturday, while a couple of players will come late Friday night, and some on Sunday I believe. Of course, we had to book our own flights, so that's why we're all scattered around :P


    @twobeer
    I'm not sure how it worked, but I suppose Yonex Canada went and made an offer to Badminton Canada and they accepted. I was told that Victor Canada didn't have a chance to 'bid' for the National Team contract, so I would be guessing that the other companies didn't get a shot either (i.e. Wilson, Black Knight). Li Ning doesn't seem to be very big in Canada yet, as I haven't seen too many people using it, and there are also no sponsored players that I know of in Canada. Regardless, 10 out of the 13 National Team players are already using Yonex, and the other 3 (2 Black Knight, 1 Babolat) were given the option to switch, but they turned it down.
    Can you get an individual racket sponsor? A few of the Japanese use Wilson, for example, and even if they have to wear the Yonex team apparel, they probably still get some money for using different rackets. Can you do the same? You probably signed a contract with Yonex for a year, but are you free to play with other rackets after that?

  5. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess we could still possibly get our own sponsorship and be on the canadian national team. there are members who are on the national team who are not sporting yonex gear. they just wont have any access to the money yonex canada has allocated to badminton canada to use for the national team. i guess if you get more money somewhere else, why not...

    but in the meantime, those who want to see the pov of a canadian at the 2011 world champs, please take a look at my blog here: www.derrickng.ca

    thanks!

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derrickn View Post
    I guess we could still possibly get our own sponsorship and be on the canadian national team. there are members who are on the national team who are not sporting yonex gear. they just wont have any access to the money yonex canada has allocated to badminton canada to use for the national team. i guess if you get more money somewhere else, why not...

    but in the meantime, those who want to see the pov of a canadian at the 2011 world champs, please take a look at my blog here: www.derrickng.ca

    thanks!
    Just followed your 1st round match against those Thai's , good win !!! what a 1st game !!! Good luck in the 2nd round

  7. #92
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,153
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    29-27 (!!!) / 21-19

    good job. good luck in the next round Derrick.

  8. #93
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,835
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Excellent job and another nail in the coffin for my Badminton Star fantasy team

    Hope Towbs can record the Bruce Li match later tonight (in 720 )

    I'm still trying to figure out what it is exactly that you the players get out of Team Canada's Yonex money? Just material and national team duty flight & accomodation?

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Boe and Mogensen next round , that should be an interesting game ......

  10. #95
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,153
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    your XD match is about to start. good luck!

  11. #96
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for your support everyone! Wasn't a great match at all Oh well... if you're wondering why Grace is wearing glasses though, she got smashed in the face with a racquet last Wednesday when we were playing this 4 v 4 Doubles (1-touch) game. Her and someone else collided with her getting all of the damage.

  12. #97
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,153
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towbsss View Post
    Thanks for your support everyone! Wasn't a great match at all Oh well... if you're wondering why Grace is wearing glasses though, she got smashed in the face with a racquet last Wednesday when we were playing this 4 v 4 Doubles (1-touch) game. Her and someone else collided with her getting all of the damage.
    it was a decent match. took you guys a while to find your rhythm but it was a bit too late.

    i think she look cute with glasses... but then she look rather uncomfortable with it.

  13. #98
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    775
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Commiseration Toby , as Kwun said it took you guys a bit too long to find the rhythm that might be due to the all the traveling and hassle in organising the accommodation etc . In addition, Grace has abit of trouble playing with glasses .

    hopefully you guys should push on from now to get that spot for the Olympic !

    I guess all those rioting and looting in London didnt help

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, a great match today by Michelle Li even though she wasn't able to beat
    Pui Yin Yip (21-23, 21-17, 17-21). Looked at the stats and looks like it was a great match. Too bad that match wasn't on the TV court....would be a nice match to watch!

  15. #100
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,905
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Toby, did you guys have enough time to get a feel for the arena, in preparation for next year?

  16. #101
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, the place is pretty nice. Very similar to the All England feel. Everything is a little slower, but it feels nice. The lights are a little bright, but it wasn't too bad. The venue is relatively dark all around where the audience is, but the courts are lit up significantly.

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is my 2011 World Championships blog. I haven't decided what to do with some of the footage, but I might try to put it up eventually. I have Michelle's R64 & R32 WS, Adrian and Derrick's R64 MD, and Alex and Michelle's R64 WD.

    http://towbsss.blogspot.com/2011/08/...ps-london.html

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    : 11-12-2010, 10:14 PM
  2. Blogs of Badminton Players
    By KlasseE in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    : 10-25-2008, 10:27 AM
  3. Canadian National Juniors
    By Hawkefire in forum General Forum
    Replies: 8
    : 04-24-2005, 10:24 PM
  4. Players websites
    By AustrianPower in forum General Forum
    Replies: 10
    : 02-12-2005, 03:18 AM
  5. Players websites
    By jump_smash in forum Jonas Rasmussen Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 04-14-2004, 09:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •