Ti-10: String breaks, not racket

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by TX, Mar 20, 2001.

1. TX

TX Guest

The Ti-10 got to be the most powerful racket. I heard a lot of people break their Ti-10 but to me, it's not the racket but the string. After playing for less than month using Titanium string, I had two racket clashes in doubles and one hard hit on the court, the racket is still in perfect shape and all I can see is the tear and wear of the string ( about to break anytime) with all the non-stop power smashing.

2. Marcel

Marcel Guest

Same for me! Racquet is strong as hell! But the strings......

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    hehehe...

You guys might want to take a few good minutes to take a very close inspection of your racquet, because after all these clashes :eek: something I haven't done in a long time, because I learned to communicate better with my partners... you might see a few small hairline fractures in the frame.

You might not, but all I'm asking is you take a look. I haven't seen anyone necessarily break their Ti10 at the head of the racquet... however, I've seen people snap their shafts, because of the force of their swing, they generated too much torque, and the racquet just couldn't handle it. Go figure.... but I have heard others breaking their frame more than anything... it's probably just the batch, that wasn't QC'ed properly.

who knows... no manufacturer is perfect. :)

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That's very reassuring for the owner's of those broken Ti10 racquets. There must be some serious racquet abuse out there.

5. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    Where does the string break? If its in the middle of the racket hitting surface then check your shuttles. They might be sharp and cut the strings..... are you using nylon?

If the break is at the side of the racket, near the frame. Change the grommets coz they might be cutting the strings

6. May

May Guest

Really????? Then again, I don't play often with my Ti-10.

7. Marcel

Marcel Guest

Grommets are ok, racquet is ok (I'll kick my partners ass for clashing with my racquet ;))

It's the string thats poor, it's usually a bad hit when the string breaks in the top of the head. That happens when I've a thin string (BG 80, Toalson) with the thicker string BG 70 there's no problem! yet......... ;)

8. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    My friend,
    It's not just Titanium racquets... all racquets should be inspected thoroughly. :)
    I check mine, but then again, I don't hit the frame very much, nor do I clash with anybody's racquet. :p

9. john

john Guest

hey...
    a friend of mines had a ti10 raquet and it just broke yesterday... to my knowledge, the ti10 was suppose to be stronger than other raquets and very expensive also... im just wondering if there is a warranty on the raquet cause he barely got it for a year....also, the raquet that hit the ti10 only had a scratch on the head... wassup with that??? shouldnt his raquet break too since the ti10 is suppose to be the strongest raquet??? please reply to my e mail address... thanx

10. john

john Guest

hey...
    a friend of mines had a ti10 raquet and it just broke yesterday... to my knowledge, the ti10 was suppose to be stronger than other raquets and very expensive also... im just wondering if there is a warranty on the raquet cause he barely got it for a year....also, the raquet that hit the ti10 only had a scratch on the head... wassup with that??? shouldnt his raquet break too since the ti10 is suppose to be the strongest raquet??? please reply to my e mail address... thanx

11. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    No way the Ti10 is a strong racquet. The frame is not a stable construction. I've seen to many break from mild clashes, where the other racquet comes out undamaged.

12. Don

Don Regular Member

Actually... It depends on the batch of Ti-10s. Apparently Yonex makes they're racquets in batches of 50 or so. It's likely that a certain batch may be stronger than another or vice versa. I've bought 2 racquets from the same batch, and my friend bought 2 from another. One of his Ti-10s broke and mine are still intact. You can also see the different colour schemes of the batches. It's quite interesting to say the least that manufactering is the most inconsistent process for Yonex.