Comparable racquet to Yonex Armortec 800 Defensive

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by wunderbar, Jun 4, 2011.

1. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Anyone players out there that has used this racquet and has now switched to another model? I've been playing with one for a few years but recently cracked the frame on a miss-hit drive! :eek:
    I've tried the Armortec 900 Technique but found it quite different in head weight and overall quickness. Does anyone here have recommendations on a replacement racquet?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

In terms of specification i.e. having very similar head weight (BP) and shaft flexibility, a lot of professional players who used to use the AT800DEF has switched to using the Arcsaber 7.

You may want to give it a try and see if it fits your play style like the AT800DEF.

3. wunderbar

wunderbar Regular Member

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have an ArcSaber 7 as well but I found the ArcSaber series compared to the Armortec series very different. The ArcSaber in my opinion is more whippy and more foregiving but the ArcSaber feels really good when you get the sweet spot(smaller sweet spot) in my opinion.

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I understand what you mean. What about the Arcsaber 10? It is stiffer than the Arcsaber 7 and a little more offensive based while still remaining pretty easy to use for defensive play like the AT800DEF.

The Arcsabers are also more forgiving as the AT800DEF has more mass on the stiffer frame and off centre hits are more noticeable on the later. It should be a good advantage as it is easier to play with.