Pain below big toe

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by say10, Jun 5, 2011.

1. say10

say10 New Member

Hi, I dont have an injury as such but after I play I always have intense burning pain in the balls of my feet - right below my big toe. It also goes around to the side. I get it if I wear my old running trainers or my much newer badminton shoes. They both fit nicely and the pain lasts about a day. I notice it a little whilst playing but I can play through it but when I finish I can barely walk. Anyone have any experience of this or advice I have tried looking around but most information seems to be realted to running. I run regularly and never experience pain in my feet. Thanks for any advice!

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Do you jump smash alot? What are your new baddy shoes? Could be the fit of your shoes and it could be the way you land after jumping/hopping. Running shoes usually have more shock dispersion/cushion in the heel area than the forefeet area. I wouldn't use them for baddy because forefeet area tends to get more wear and tear in baddy than running.

3. say10

say10 New Member

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Are you considered heavy for your height? Wear and tear pain due to weight is common for many recreational players. Short of losing weight, the heavier you are, the more you should wear shoes with better shock dispersion and cushion. Also stop using your old runners for baddy, they're not right and their cushion is probably gone by now. Pain is present while you're using your new baddy shoes because your feet are still getting used to them. I get pains in my feet whenever I worn down my shoes' insoles cushions. I replace my shoes at least once a year depending on how often I used them.

5. say10

say10 New Member

Thanls for the advice guys. I only wore the running shoes as an experiment to see if the badminton shoes were the cause. I don't think its due to my weight - ^_^. Having done some shadow footwork I think it is from jumping/hopping backwards and landing on that part of my foot. I think I turn my rear foot outwards too much when landing. I will try and correct this and see if it helps.