Help me with where I should hit the shuttlecock

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Dr.Dino, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Dr.Dino

Dr.Dino Regular Member

I'm a singles player, and when I play singles, I understand that you should hit it away from your opponent every time, but I need help knowing where. Can you guys give me a few examples of where I should hit the shuttlecock when the opponent is at different places. Also, I know to aim diagonally, the times that I'm stuck with is when the opponent hits a back hand drop, hits a net shot forehand and backhand, serves high, or clears from anywhere along the back.
    Please help me.
    Thanks.

2. Sunsgambit

Sunsgambit Regular Member

Student
    Who the ?!*& told you to aim diagonally? Here's the staple of any singles game - STRAIGHT CLEAR! There's no one shot you should play from a shot, it all depends on where your opponent is, however, there are a few tactics that work for singles.

1) If someone plays a dropshot from the rearcourt to you, play a straight netshot (not always of course) - it makes your opponent move the furthest distance. If you find that they are rushing in after this, then play lifts or flicks instead.

2)Clear straight - clear, clear and clear some more - this is the bread and butter shot for badminton and not used enough by new players. Clears should be aimed at corners in singles. This shot draws your opponent to the rear court, when they are in the rear court, then you can play a dropshot - "but they'll be expecting this" I hear you say, well then, play another clear instead.

Basic singles is about moving your opponent about the court and mis-positioning them so that they can't reach the next shot.

3. Dr.Dino

Dr.Dino Regular Member

thanks a lot I'll definitely keep it in mind

4. neavalmi0421

neavalmi0421 Regular Member

New Product Development
    Here's some that tactics that i know and i want others to add to this list.

1) use the diagonal - if your opponent is lacking speed.
    2) use triangles - if opponent is fast with raw speed but not agile.
    3) isolation - hitting on same corner
    4) control of the net.