User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gosen Ryoga Shiden VS Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash

Can anyone provide some comparisons between gosen Shiden and yonex Z-Slash? I bet there are many people out there who are eager to find out which one is BETTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

==" not a person can provide comparisons at all? lol..

I used z slash before so I can give a brief comparisons (not accurate):

First of all, the main differences of shiden and z slash is obviously the weight of the racket. Shiden is a light and more even balanced racket, and z-slash is a head heavy racket. Shiden is more suitable in doubles game because it is light, swing speed is fast and easy to maneuver. Z-slash would be more suitable for singles because of the heaviness.

Another difference is the feel when hitting the shuttles. Shiden produce a *ping* sound when you hit the shuttle. My guess is because of the frame shape and faster swing speed to cut through the air that generate that sound. I could easily generate more power using Shiden than Z-Slash. I am not sure whats the reason but I'm guessing it's the string that affected me. I string my shiden with bg80 and my friend's z-slash had bg65 on at 1 or 2 lbs lower than mine.

In my opinion, I think that Shiden is easier to adjust to compare to z-slash. Z-slash is not hard to use but need some time to adjust to it. When i used z slash for the first time, I couldnt generate enough power and proper control. For intermediate players who have less power, I recommend you start with Shiden first. However, it is all up to your preferences.

Feel free to ask me any questions if I can help

By the way, the z-slash i used before was the taufik hidayat version. I might get my friend to play badminton with me again, so I can try and write more reviews about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried the ZSlash once before using the Shiden... I wasn't fully able to exploit the full potential of the ZSlash... It was hard to use...

But my experience with the Shiden is absolutely MAGNIFICENT! I will not buy a Yonex racket after getting my Shiden. One of the biggest grippe I have with my other Yonex rackets (AT900PLC and VT80) is that the shaft feels somewhat flexy. After a really hard smash, the shaft seems to be soft for a while. Making the rackets somewhat unpredictable for me.

The Shiden allowed me to perform consistent hard and fast smashes repeatedly without going soft. Trying to sell my VT80 so I can use the money towards a second Shiden.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/98484-Please-review-on-GOSEN-RYOGA-SERIES

H
    ere's the thread i started about shiden if you havent look at it before.. The responses of other players are good