Need some help

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by retskam, Jun 11, 2011.

1. retskam

retskam Regular Member

Hi guys, well basically i feel i need to buy some new badminton shoes the currently ones i have are SHB-100MX (7.5 uk). They are getting worn down especially under my big toe, i have quite wide feet for my size roughly about 10.5cm-11cm widest part.

With my current shoes i feel after a while playing in them 2-3 hours games my feet especially the right foot, the skin tends to peel slightly under ball of my foot.
    Also my feet tend to get really red and drenched in sweat which doesn't help skin peeling off.

Recently my toes have started to suffer one getting bruised and others peeling off not sure if my shoes are too tight or too lose.

IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg

My middle three toes seem to squashed and bruised a lot. See my ball of my foot get most labour (labor).

I'm not sure if i should go a half size up?
    Can someone can recommend me a good wide well ventilated shoes and some decent badminton socks aswell, i find the normal sports ones aren't really good enough. Many thanks people.:)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Size up, wear two pairs of socks? Or th thicker kind mentioned here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...76-any-good-and-durable-socks-to-intro-to-all
    I guess you should put on your shoes at the end of the afternoon and see whether they are too short (cramped) or too long (sliding)
    Seem to remember reading the 100's were some of the tightest/narrowest of the last years. 92's should be good or the 102's from what I've read concerning their width. As for ventilation: the more mesh the merrier? 92's looking good in that aspect but can't say from experience as I haven't tried them.

#2 demolidor, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. retskam

retskam Regular Member

Thanks for advice, what shoes do you wear then have you tried the 102's?. Also i heard the 200 are suppose to be quite wide?