Anyone heard about karakal ice 60 overwrap grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by csniper, Jun 12, 2011.

1. csniper

csniper New Member

2. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Hi there bro ..... :)

You might want to give RKEP Grips (overgrip and replacements) a try .
    Check out his Ebay site (trustworthy) for more choices and prices.

http://stores.ebay.com/RKEP-racket-...51360011&_sid=317386751&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I myself used to use Karakal Super PU grips, but after trying RKEP grips ..... i'm now a loyal fan of them.

RKEP grips are good and comparable with many of the other more 'famous' brands.
    Furthermore ..... they almost cost half the price ! :)

Eric, the 'Boss' of RKEP, is also a very friendly and patient man. His customer service is also impeccable ! :)
    Almost everyone i know in this forum sings praises of Eric and his grips. (me included)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/81662-RKEP-Grip

*Disclaimer*

I do not work for Eric or RKEP, and i have no vested interest in the Company.
    Neither am i paid or rewarded in any monetary form or benefit for recommending him and his products.

3. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Yup me too. Hard to find karakal overgrip especially Point75 overgrip. Then i switch to RKEP.

4. Porky

Porky Regular Member

So which model of RKEP grip u using and is comparable to Karakal Super-PU?

5. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive
    I'm currently RKEP G05 Ultimate Grips on my rackets.
    At 1.8mm thick, it's fairly comfortable and very tacky.
    And for it's low price, i don't have to think twice about replacing the grip often.

For the record, for every Karakal Super PU i buy (approx SGD$4 per pc), i can get 3 RKEP Ultimate grips (approx SGD$1.30 per pc).

In terms of thickness and 'spongy' feel, RKEP G03 King grips (2.0mm) comes to mind.
    However, tackiness is a tad behind the Karakal PU.

I've a batch of RKEP G08 Soft75 and G09L grips coming soon .... so i'll have to see how they fare.

I used to love the soft spongy feel of the Karakal Super PU , but i found that the feel of the handle's bevel edges was somewhat gone.
    So, i'm trying thinner replacement grips (original grip already removed) to see how's the 'feel'.
    I may even venture applying overgrips directly on the bare handle ..... just for kicks, :D

6. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Thks for the feedback...i previously saw ppl comparing G09 to karakal super PU....perhaps after trying u can let me know which is better in terms of tackiness and fairly spongy as compared to G05

7. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    karakal PU super is a replacement grip
    G09 elite is not a replacement grip, it's an overgrip (let's say G05 but thinner, so you cannot really expect it's spongy)

G05 ultimate VS karakal super PU:
    spongy-ness = karakal wins
    durability: G05 wins
    tackiness = G05 wins
    easier to grip: karakal wins
    price: G05 wins

btw, I really like G06 RKEP power master
    many people here in BC also like it
    it is not tacky, it feels dry (G05 is just too tacky for me), spongy (not as much as karakal, but better than G05), good grip, and still cheaper than karakal PU super
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-RKEP-POWE...=UK_Squash&hash=item1e62efbfec#ht_4081wt_1135

8. Porky

Porky Regular Member

How u manage to get RKEP ultimate grips at approx $1.30 per pc? It's selling for USD$10.95+$5 (shipping) = USD$16 which works out to abt SGD$20 and divide by 6 pieces is abt $3.30....quite a big difference in price as $3.30 will be almost comparable to Karakal Super-PU grip at SGD$4