Which racket is more head heavy?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simon Loh, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    Hi guys,

Is there anyone knows which Yonex racket is more head heavy and is slightly stiff?
    Yonex VT80 or AT700 or AT900P.

Thanks for the advice ;)

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Heh - they are ALL equally head heavy, but the VT80 is probably the least stiff by a very narrow margin.

3. Barca

Barca Regular Member

AT700 is the most head heavy!!! AT900P comes second.

4. balthazer

balthazer Regular Member

Web Designer
    Simon, since you already own a AT700, I'll suggest you try the VT80 as it generates more power and smashes.

However the VT80 may not be suitable for anyone especially beginner to intermediate players as you need need to put in 100% in every shot you make to make sure you hit the shuttle at the sweat spot or else you won't find the pleasure and fun playing with the VT80.

you may try AT900 but the whole idea of the VT series is to replace the AT series. Therefore you'll be using an "old" technology. Btw, what I heard about AT900 is the durability of the lower frame as the string tends to "eat" into the frame if you string it at high tension after a few times...probably 28 and above.

5. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

In the Yonex chart, the VT80 has replaced the AT700 on the same position as it was the most head heavy Yonex Racket. But the VT80 feels more head heavy than the AT700. In terms of stiffness, I would rather point the AT900P as the stiffest of these three, followed by the AT700.

6. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    i strung my AT900P about 10-15 times and have no problems with "strings eats into the frame". i strung my two AT900P with 12/12,5 kg (~26,5/27,6 lbs).

three weeks ago i testet the VT80 and the VT70, and my feeling agreed with the yonex chart:
    http://www.yonex.com/badminton/webcatalog2011/#page=25
    VT80 (3U/3G) is more head heavy than the AT900P (3U/3G) (i don't have a AT700 to compare)
    as i remeber to the AT700 (first edition) times, the AT700 is NOT more heavy than the VT80

7. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I actually find the AT900P easier to flex than the VT80... I thought I would be stronger now and faster now but I can't seem to flex the VT80's shaft nowadays.

Also, I feel that it's more tiring to play with my AT900PLC 3UG4 than it is to play with my VT80 3UG5. Drives and backhands clear are very easy with the VT80 because the head heaviness of the VT80... But that's just my experience.....

8. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I feel the same way too. AT900P is more difficult to wield than VT80. Making it more tiring to use.

9. balthazer

balthazer Regular Member

Web Designer
    I have a friend who strung his AT900P at 29 pounds and over a course of time, the grommet on the lower frame tends to sunk in. There's a thread to this issue before (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-46485.html?). Only way to solve this problem is to use a continuous grommet ;)

I tried the VT80 (3UG5) and I do agree with the others, it's feels more stiff if compared to AT900P. But if I were to invest on a new head heavy racquet, I'll definitely go for VT series. :D

10. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

The reason may lie in the fact that the AT900P has a boxed shape frame and the VT80 has an aerodynamic frame. The VT80 also has more power, so you don't have to put a lot in it to do the same. Doesn't has any relationship with the stiffness of the racket.

11. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Actually, I kinda drifted off and was just talking about my experience...

The reason I found the AT900PLC more flexible than the VT80 simply because on several occasion when I was using my AT900PLC. I executed a smash which I was able to "hold" and it felt like the racquet bent about 20 degrees before the shaft unloaded and the birdie flew over. I have yet to be able to do that with my VT80....