User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 52 to 68 of 73
  1. #52
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,976
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    After the persuasion from Msia Sports Minister, LCW has decided to carry on till Rio 2016... Does it mean that Msia era will, at least, last till 2016? LOL boleh?
    hahaha... as some1 in bc suggested, by the trend currently, lcw can play until 40, that's 2024

  2. #53
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Two doubles pairs are on their way home now from the Singapore Open.
    First day, first round exits

  3. #54
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Two doubles pairs are on their way home now from the Singapore Open.
    First day, first round exits
    any Malaysia players go along the way to any tournaments just play only one day and only one round, and then back to hotel, packing things and go home...
    until then the only Lee Chong Wei have to play towards to final round... ALONE!!

  4. #55
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,976
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngkt67 View Post
    any Malaysia players go along the way to any tournaments just play only one day and only one round, and then back to hotel, packing things and go home...
    until then the only Lee Chong Wei have to play towards to final round... ALONE!!
    singapore is very near to malaysia, maybe they dont like the food there, so decided to go back malaysia to have proper meal

  5. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We might be seeing countries like Thailand, Singapore and other lower skill level nations beating M'sia in Thomas Cup and other major competitions.

  6. #57
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    We might be seeing countries like Thailand, Singapore and other lower skill level nations beating M'sia in Thomas Cup and other major competitions.
    In badminton, Thailand is a 'lower skill nation'?

  7. #58
    Regular Member soulpx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Borneo
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    We might be seeing countries like Thailand, Singapore and other lower skill level nations beating M'sia in Thomas Cup and other major competitions.
    malaysia already defeated by thailand in asian games 2010. yeah it was 4 years ago.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badmint...3_Men%27s_team

  8. #59
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soulpx View Post
    malaysia already defeated by thailand in asian games 2010. yeah it was 4 years ago.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badmint...3_Men%27s_team

    Haha, there you go. Who's next?

  9. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
    Haha, there you go. Who's next?
    Singapore, Chinese Taipei, India, even any Europe Countries like England, Germany might able to beat Malaysia real bad...

  10. #61
    Regular Member M3Series's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KL, Malaysia
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread shud be close already. We all have made our point about malaysian badminton. Its just some ppl's wishful thinking that malaysia was having an era

  11. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,976
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M3Series View Post
    This thread shud be close already. We all have made our point about malaysian badminton. Its just some ppl's wishful thinking that malaysia was having an era
    hahaha... u r some how right... but malaysia did have an era in the 1950s...

  12. #63
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    the misery of Malaysia Badminton... continue...

  13. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    seri perdana
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    under the leadership of the most capable, malaysian badminton will rise again.

    after my wei2 retire, very sure he will be able to train future champions.

  14. #65
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kuala Lumpue
    Posts
    1,857
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losima View Post
    under the leadership of the most capable, malaysian badminton will rise again.

    after my wei2 retire, very sure he will be able to train future champions.
    you slow slow wait...

  15. #66
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    India
    Posts
    322
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am really sorry to sound rude, and am perhaps ignorant, but when was there ever a Malaysian badminton era?
    Malaysia is yet to win a single gold in either world championships or olympics, and I can't even remember any notable players who can compete at the highest level (top3 of their era) apart from LCW.
    I apologize again if I am in any way ignorant.

  16. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Posts
    776
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devendra View Post
    I am really sorry to sound rude, and am perhaps ignorant, but when was there ever a Malaysian badminton era?
    Malaysia is yet to win a single gold in either world championships or olympics, and I can't even remember any notable players who can compete at the highest level (top3 of their era) apart from LCW.
    I apologize again if I am in any way ignorant.
    Well in the era when Malaysia won Thomas Cup beating INA there were notable players like the Sidek brothers (MD: Razif/Jalani, MS: Rashid), Foo Kok Keong, MD: Cheah Soon Kit/Yap Kim Hock

    I remember them all back in 1990s.

  17. #68
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,130
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    an "era" is often defined as a period of time where there is notable happening/events.

    for Malaysia, there is definitely the 40s-60s where they were head to head with Indonesia for the Thomas Cup. in more recent history, their success in the 1990's peaking at the 1992 Thomas Cup. since then, there is a steady decline where they were competitive but mostly shadowed by other players, Cheah/Yip by Ricky/Rexy, Sidek and WCH by other MS players.

    Only until mid-2000's when LCW matured and started taking the spotlight. Joining Gade/Taufik/Lin Dan in the golden era for MS in the 2000's. but that's hardly an era for Malaysia, seems more like era for LCW personally.

    however, I don't expect LCW to last much longer. his era will at most last until 2016.

    other countries seems to have much more extensive eras. Indonesia has been consistently strong in both men and women since the 40 until China took over them in women in the mid 90's and men in the mid 2000's. China has been consistently strong in both men and women since they joined international badminton in 1980. only to have dipped briefly, after 1990. and now they are just about dominating. those are much more significant eras.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Badminton School in KL, Malaysia
    By max in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 3
    : 10-14-2010, 11:45 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    : 08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
  3. Big badminton centers in Malaysia
    By Hot-screensaver in forum Malaysia
    Replies: 13
    : 02-09-2007, 12:30 PM
  4. Malaysia Badminton Player
    By biBiaNa in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 07-10-2001, 11:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •