User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Anyone Playing in Changwon City, Korea?

I am going to attend a conference in Changwon city in July 2011. Would appreciate if someone could give me some information about places or clubs there.

Best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there's a lot of history there in women's badminton. Most is under the name of Masan, which Changwon swallowed up recently. I have never been there myself but there are lots of clubs, as in every Korean city. The easiest to find might be at the main Masan Sports complex. There are apparently 7 courts and the Olbbemi Club plays there every evening from 7 to 9PM and other clubs seem to play there in the morning. The complex has a baseball and soccer stadiums but the courts are in a gym called Olympic or 88 Gym. Another place is the Oorinoori Youth Centre about 2km east of the Masan train station. There are clubs that play there from 9Am to 1PM and from 7-10PM on 7 courts.

Changwon is now a big place, though, so if you aren't near the Masan locations but if you have a contact there, there are 5 lists of clubs here: Euichang-gu, Seongsan-gu, Jinhae-gu, Masan Hoewon-gu, and Masan Happo-gu. If you know where the conference will be, you can post that here and I can try something more precise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Thank you very much for the information. But unfortunately I do not read Korean language so that I cannot understand much of the information.

The conference will be held at Changwon Exhibition & Convention Center (CECO) and I will be residing at Namsun Hotel. Please advice how I can get contact with the nearby clubs.

Thank you again for the help!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the sports complex is about 10km west of you so that's not helpful. However, you can play at the Changwon Citizens' Gymnasium. It should be marked with an "A" on this map. The Namsun hotel is just straight down to the southwest of the 7-11 logo on the lefthand side of that map. basically walk up to E-Mart and then go WSW off that big circular park (on the road marked #25 on the map, keeping that giant stand of high-rise apartment buildings on your left) until you see a middle school on your left and the gym will be on the 4th floor of the building on the right. It's about 1.2km from your hotel. There seem to be clubs playing in that gym from 10-12, 13-15PM, 15-17, and 7-9PM.

I can't really do anything about the lack of information in English. The great thing about webpages or Google maps in Korean, though, is that taxi drivers can read them if you print them out or pull them up on a PDA, smartphone, or iPad.
    Last edited by event; 06-09-2011 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very helpful. Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi luxinh. Did you have any luck playing some badminton in Changwon last month? I'm assuming you are not still there.