Li Ning Singapore open 2011. Lindan and ChenJing Match fixing or real?

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by w3ncong, Jun 19, 2011.

Tags:
  1. w3ncong

w3ncong Regular Member

At Li Ning open 2011 Finals. Lindan VS ChenJing. Lindan forfeited saying he's not feeling well and had the whole crowd jeering at him for the whole time saying China fixed the match.
    Show your point of views here :D

2. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    Who is Chen Jing? :D

3. w3ncong

w3ncong Regular Member

His ranking was 11 before Singapore open. 9 now because LD gave him the win. Obvious reason why he let him win.

4. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Well, seeing as this was the 1st Olympic qualifying Tournament, it looks very obvious that LD may have thrown this match away for CJ's benefit. But couldn't have just played the match and let his opponent win to avoid the crowd's and the presses ********? LD was talkin to 3 games twice previous to this match. This doesn't happen to often. Simon Santoso almost BEAT him. He had 20 all as well as the 20 - 19 match point if I am not mistaken. Gramps also took a game of him in the quarter finals (Peter Gade). So you can see him being worn down throughout the tournament. "w3ncong" has a good point, but I believe his performance in the tournament, winning that final or not would have bought him the 9th spot. Bao Chunlai was number 10, and he lost in the 2nd round to the new Danish boy.

Seeing also that CJ has not won a tournament since the world championships last year in London and losing out to lower ranked players throughout 2011 (ie: "Mark Zwiebler" of Germany and "Hyun Il Lee" of Korea) his ranking has gone out of the top 10.

So maybe LD did give him a win for a boost of confidence, prize money, and spot in the top 10.
    maybe he was sick.

But, at the end of the day, he doesn't care about chen jin. in the Olympics, he is just another opponent. he is number 2. If he doesn't play another tournament before the Olympics, he still will be allowed to play. The only player LD has to worry about is LCW and he skipped this tournament to train for the Indonesian open next week.

5. Daffu

Daffu Regular Member

In respect to other country players that fought all the way for a slot, I dont like the fact that players manipulate the outcome of a game rather than playing fair and winning the tournament vs giving it away using medical reasons as an excuse.

Its a shame. I've take my vote as fake.

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Fake laaaah! LYB style!

7. w3ncong

w3ncong Regular Member

I agree with you. I didnt jeered, he maybe sick even if he's not, giving out his points is not that ideal to him either. But the point many people will look at is, this is how they treat badminton as a sport.

8. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    yep i know..
    but actually his name is Chen Jin,not Chen Jing :D

9. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

it was lame. they shouldn't have jeered on the other china players even if lindan was fake.

they say china has no sportsmanship, what about them?

10. ZSLASHER

ZSLASHER Regular Member

Why could'nt we jeer?
    We are expressing our dissapointment through our voices to Lin Dan at that point.
    What would you feel when you made your way to the stadium early, competing for an ideal spot only to realise Lin Dan wasn't playing?
    Are you sure that you wont feel a tinge of dissapointment and fustration especially when his opponent is from the same nation?
    I am not 100 percent condemning Lin Dan for his illness, maybe it is true, but there is still dissapointment and fustration.
    On the other hand, Lin Dan really had shown sportsmenship when playing the rest by playing at his highest level.
    That, I respect Lin Dan.

11. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

no i mean for the other players. like zhao yunlei and tian qing. cai yun and fu haifeng. they weren't displaying a lack of sportsmanship. why was everyone jeering? if it was meant to be for lindan, just keep it there. the other players are innocent.

and btw, i thought most people were like "aiya all-china men's singles ah. i don't want to watch, so boring"

didn't he grant many people's wishes?!?!?!?!?!?!

12. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    do you ever heard malay's proverb "kerana nila setitik, rosak susu sebelanga" ?

13. w3ncong

w3ncong Regular Member

I understand where you are coming from. But im sure those people jeered because they are a team. Without those coaches agreement for LinDan to walkover he would'nt be able to. So that just shows how china team ppl treat badminton as. As much as i know where i think they are coming from

WHAT'S THAT?

14. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    I thought I was the only one who feel the same way as you. BTW I am one of those guys that were queueing before the door open too. I was in the front row as well, but only difference is I am there to watch the whole final not just the men's single. I be lying if I said that I m not disappointed when the announcement is made. But still respect the other players. So what if they r in team china? Just like a previous thread on the Danish men's double pair, do you blame Peter gade as well for the rude ethics?

Instead I cheer for team china when others were jeering them including those sitting beside me and behind me. Glad our fans are not as crazy as those soccer fanatics. Else I could have been beaten up.

15. xyxyz

xyxyz Regular Member

haha yep. but another of my point was that if they jeered because team CHN was not showing sportsmanship due to this speculated "match fixing", then what about them? jeering is also a display of bad sportsmanship, though it is not viewed in as bad light as match fixing or doping. what an accusation of others for something they are also doing. for that moment i was so ashamed to be a singaporean.

16. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant

I guess when they jeer on the other later player as well, they express the feelig toward the whole China team who is always skip the tournament (e.g. super siries final) and more often they give a walk-over to other teammate.

I am fans of china team and even not in the stadium, just watch live stream, at that moment I feel I was with other audience who feel how dare lin dan came out to say he was sick i feel like he thought we were a kid to tell a insane story as in the past he did so often. angry may not be enough when we were looked down.

however, now i feel better and forgive the china team, we were too much cracy with our hero and our favorite team. i have other team to cheer on e.g. thailand jia you.