User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinwyyau View Post
    Same deal with rackets, wouldn't you have known by now also? Never had luck with Mizuno or Asics sizing and have always used Yonex or Victor. Thanks to twobeer, am keen look into Li-Ning's new offerings. Justin.
    Not the same as racket, it's the bread and butter for YY. As you may know YY company started in fishing equipment industry, so no wonder their rackets are among the best in the world. Not to mention Japanese grade carbon is the highest standard in the world. The tech improvements YY made all those years is really the benchmark in the industry. But not can be said the same as to it's shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    But not can be said the same as to it's shoes.
    I didn't meant it specifically to any brand. Any shoe or racket for that matter, serves its intended purpose and to what degree one model outdoes another model from another make, to quantify it is a matter of 'my dick is bigger than your dick'. People wear whatever floats their boat, Asics for you and whatever that fits my feet that is on sale and in size

OT: Slack on my part, I admit but I was just having a go at him as it was ironic of him of all people to make that statement.

<hugs Yonex SHB-100 LTD> ... *I won't let them bad people hurt you*
    Last edited by justinwyyau; 07-26-2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Feet or foot? I'm confused.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To quatify? How about telling your SBH sorry that he won't even survive his 3rd birthday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    On the same note, Im sure many pros would use Asics if not because they already tied in a contract with Yonex, Victor and Li-Ning as they dont have freedom to do so. So lets not talk about the question of "if" since its not gonna happen.

As I said I found Asics shoes are very good and I dont think I will switch back to YY anytime soon, I just dont think YY is serious enough about making shoes, its just another line that they have to sell as the premium badminton company. Asics OTOH has long history of making good shoes, so to me if you want a good shoes then go to the shoe maker. YY shoes are not bad, just not as good as Asics.
    Personally I will not go back to YY-shoes neither.. I think Mizuons are great, but the new metal-X from LN i purchsed is the most confortable shoes I ever playd with so once I have breaked them in a bit I think I will go over to LN completely. Actually the looks of the metal-X is very Asics like.. But the fit and toe feel is much better for me with those and the mizunos (and also with the SHB1xx).

I think "if you want good shoes go to a shoemaker" is missing the point that different activities demands different properties of shoes.. I would say.. If you want good Cycling shoes, go to a cyckling shoe maker like Sidi, Shimano, Dromarti's etc. You dont buy Babolat or Asics. If you are into tapdancing you go to a good tap-dancing-shoe-maker like Bloch, Capegio etc. Not to Puma and Saucony etc.. If you want good basketball shoes, you go to a basketball-shoe-maker like Nike,Air Jordan, And1 etc. Not to brands like Puma, Asics..
    Sorry for being a bit long winding but you get my main argument.. The size is not relevant if you don't put the effort into the specifics for that shoe type and properties/demands. Just because Puma researches alot about fotball and runningsshoes, does not make give them any advantage in fencing shoes imop. I think it could be rather the oppsosite actually, like some Tennis companies that only researches tennis-rackets and then directly transfers that technology over to badminton rackets (which they just produce, as it is in the same product segement, not becuase it is a core business, and research priority for them). Usually with not so great results, as a technology good for tennis isn't neccessarily any good at all for badminton. I think makers who focus on badminton generally makes a better job making badmintonstuff, than companies who just treat badminton as a "nice-to-have" addition to their core product line.

Even shorter.. I don't think you have to be good at making badminton shoes, just because you make great fotball shoes, or spike-shoes for 100m dash.

Another personal aspect for me is to try to promote badminton as a sport, so even if a basketball shoe from Nike was great to use, I would much rather buy a shoe labeled "designed for badminon" and promoted as a "badminton shoe".. Just to show my support to the maker that at least aknowledges our sport.. Not just treats it as just any "indoor sport".. I would like more companies to focus more on badminton, and I would liek to have "badminton shoe sections" at all my sports store.. not just "volleyball" or "handball" sections.. So I also thinks (maybe a bit naive) that buying shoes labeled as "badminton shoes" makes a tiny, tiny contribution to helt our great sport as well.. voting with my small wallet :-)

Anyway.. lots of ramblings here.. My 2 cents anyway :-)
    Last edited by twobeer; 07-26-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to exclusively use Yonex shoes. Then I switched to Asics and my knees stopped hurting so bad. Down side is Asics are slightly heavier and taller. I tried Mizuno and they are lower and lighter than the Asics but I started getting knee discomfort. Went back and bought Asics Lyte Gel and they are AWESOME and light.

Just be mindful that these shoes will have a slightly thicker sole than Yonex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2