User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Another of Sindhu's "wishes" come true: now in the top 10 BWF-ranked WS players, she is ranked 10.

Sindhu appears to be going through an exciting phase of her career and is improving rapidly; she also appears to be trying to add some new weapons to her arsenal, which are suited to her build and height. This is an exciting and welcome development -it also indicates a new-found confidence.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a significantly different result the next time she plays May!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Another of Sindhu's "wishes" come true: now in the top 10 BWF-ranked WS players, she is ranked 10.

Sindhu appears to be going through an exciting phase of her career and is improving rapidly; she also appears to be trying to add some new weapons to her arsenal, which are suited to her build and height. This is an exciting and welcome development -it also indicates a new-found confidence.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a significantly different result the next time she plays May!
    I'm also going out on a limb and predict in tomorrow's IBL finals, Saina vs Sindhu game will be a cracker with Sindhu coming on top.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brave men! I favour Saina for tomorrow's match. As for the future, it's going to be the confidence factor. I still favour RI but we shall see battle royale between the titans. Meanwhile, china will be getting their thinking hats on lurking in the background on how to handle Sindhu. I think a fresh pair of legs is needed. Their old guard (!) have too many injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Brave men! I favour Saina for tomorrow's match. As for the future, it's going to be the confidence factor. I still favour RI but we shall see battle royale between the titans. Meanwhile, china will be getting their thinking hats on lurking in the background on how to handle Sindhu. I think a fresh pair of legs is needed. Their old guard (!) have too many injuries.
    China will be doing Sindhu a big favour by exposing her weakness so that Sindhu/Gopichand can address them. So it is a win-win situation.

Only WSX seems to be injury free. Probably getting injured from trying too hard.
    The playing lifespan of China WS players seems very short.
    Last edited by rogerv2; 08-29-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Yep. Only way to tackle sindhu from china's point of view is to bring Sun Yu. Building SunYu's strength to overcome her difficulties will be a key factor as far as i know. I think sun yu has age and ability and reach as most of the top chinese WS players were complaining to media about their loss to sindhu. My favourite is SunYu. I want china to bring that young girl up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LXR for-evaaaahh!!!

WSX is a burnt-out shell of her former self. Granted, she's injury-free, but so am I, and I'm no match for the Giraffe...

WYH still has it in her, but I have this feeling her total focus is often not in the match -something on her mind" Love, maybe?

Sun Yu? Time will tell if the coaches are handling her correctly. I also have this feeling the China WS coaching team is undergoing a bit of a "reorganisation" so there will be no definite hierarchy evolving in the near future. But I kinda recall @RedShuttle having mentioned something about a highly gifted 14-year-old kaming waves in China...

But there are many other players from near and far who are also shoving for space in the top drawer. Carolina Marin is easily one of the most-improved players in recent months. There's Nitchaon Jinadapol, TTY, Bella, the entire Jap squad of MM's and SS's, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others as well...

Meanwhile, next gym project for Sindhu: work on upper-body strength now. And stop going for premeditated round-the-head hits on the deep backhand corner -she sometimes gets into such an undignified tangle and misses the bird altogether! Tine found her out repeatedly in their IBL match. Sindhu should learn how to move powerfully from Tine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    LXR for-evaaaahh!!!

WSX is a burnt-out shell of her former self. Granted, she's injury-free, but so am I, and I'm no match for the Giraffe...

WYH still has it in her, but I have this feeling her total focus is often not in the match -something on her mind" Love, maybe?

Sun Yu? Time will tell if the coaches are handling her correctly. I also have this feeling the China WS coaching team is undergoing a bit of a "reorganisation" so there will be no definite hierarchy evolving in the near future. But I kinda recall @RedShuttle having mentioned something about a highly gifted 14-year-old kaming waves in China...

But there are many other players from near and far who are also shoving for space in the top drawer. Carolina Marin is easily one of the most-improved players in recent months. There's Nitchaon Jinadapol, TTY, Bella, the entire Jap squad of MM's and SS's, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others as well...

Meanwhile, next gym project for Sindhu: work on upper-body strength now. And stop going for premeditated round-the-head hits on the deep backhand corner -she sometimes gets into such an undignified tangle and misses the bird altogether! Tine found her out repeatedly in their IBL match. Sindhu should learn how to move powerfully from Tine.
    Yes, Sindhu's smash power is nowhere compared to RI. So there is room for improvements in this area.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a considerable difference in her game since world championships. When i saw her playing Saina in her opening match of IBL tie, i have seen a different personality in her style which gained her bronze medal in world championships. Day by day she has been improving a lot with confidence. According to me, she is still lacking in certain areas which are vulnerable to the game. I wish her to give a good fight against saina for today's final which altogether will increase her confidence further and paves way for further improvement. I want her to take atleast a game from Saina. If she beats saina then i can say that she is ready to face RI. Would she??

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sindhu gets her Arjuna Award

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/09/2...-arjuna-award/

EXCERPTS:

India’s rising shuttler P.V. Sindhu, who recently won the World Championship bronze medal, was conferred with the Arjuna Award by sports minister Jitendra Singh here Tuesday.

The minister presented Sindhu a statuette, citation and a cash prize of Rs.5 lakh at the governing body meeting of Sports Authority of India (SAI).

Sindhu could not receive the award from President Pranab Mukherjee during the award ceremony Aug 31 at Rashtrapati Bhavan since she was busy playing the final of the Indian Badminton League (IBL).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sindhu won her second GPG title . This time it is kumpoo macau open GPG title. Congratulations to her. Her target should be SuperSeries title from now onwards. Well done girl..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PV Sindhu set for $multi-million deal

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s.../27376671.cms?

EXCERPTS:

Rising star PV Sindhu is set to sign with Chinese badminton product manufacturer Li Ning as its brand ambassador. Sources said the deal runs into millions of dollars and will fetch the World championship bronze medallist shuttler more than what the country's biggest name in badminton, Saina Nehwal, earns from her contract with Yonex.

The 18-year-old Sindhu too has a contract with Yonex which is due for expiry. The Hyderabadi teenager's new contract with Li Ning will commence from January 1, 2014. Although the deal has been finalized, it is being kept under wraps till a planned launch next year.

"Sindhu is the future of Indian badminton. We wanted her to be our brand ambassador. She is getting the best deal and her association with our company will begin from January 1. We are absolutely thrilled with this deal and are looking forward to a long and healthy relationship with her in the years to come," a top Li Ning official said on conditions of anonymity.

Sources said the company is also in the process of finalizing deals with two or three other Indian shuttlers. "We are coming here (in India) in a big way next year. After Sindhu, other rising Indian shuttlers will also be part of our family," said the source. Sindhu, who was conferred the Arjuna Award in September, also won two Grand Prix Gold titles in 2013, the latest being the Macau Open early this month.

Till now, Yonex has dominated the Indian market, with most top players endorsing their products. The Chinese company entered the Indian market a couple of years ago but not could make much headway since Yonex has a tie-up with the Badminton Association of India (BAI) and most of the state associations too.

LiNing is entering indian market it seems.. Sindhu is going to be the brand ambassador of LiNing

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macau Open GPG final match between P.V.Sindhu vs Li Michelle.

Actually, i found links which shows only 2nd game of the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kAvYl0ieBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unxbN3QJUOU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow pv sindhu fan's here..

here is her twitter : https://twitter.com/PVSindhu95 but i think she never online -_-

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azrenth View Post
    wow pv sindhu fan's here..

here is her twitter : https://twitter.com/PVSindhu95 but i think she never online -_-
    Sorry to say.. This account is a fake one. She does not have an account. This news was a surprise to me as well. B'coz last week , in an interview she said that she does not have any twitter account and the current account is a fake one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sindhu is a promising young player for sure, but she has a lot to learn. Her style is sometimes just one dimensional, battling at the net then smashing ferociously. With only one tactic, her opponents can work out solutions more easily. She need more varieties as well as patiences in construction the rallys.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quarter-finals game at the Uber Cup vs Bellaetrix Manuputty
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUU1gdP1g60

Semi-finals game at the Uber Cp vs Sayaka Takahashi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6C2UAcL_s
    Does anyone know who the commentators are for this match?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow,so please,how can we connect with her without twitter or etc?? eh btw,saina and ashwini ponnappa have real twitter isnt??

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast