Yonex Z-Slash vs VT 80 (for those who have tamed the Z-Slash) ???

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by miceman, Jun 21, 2011.

1. miceman

miceman Regular Member

I play well with Z-Slashs, but still have minimum amount of mishits (which I think is normal especially during fast exchanges). I am planning to buy a backup racket. But my stringer is telling me Z-Slashs is dead, and every good player is now using VT 80 for both single and double.

For those Advance players who have tamed the Yonex Z-Slashs and also tried the newer Yonex VT 80, do you think VT 80 is a better upgrade?

2. miceman

miceman Regular Member

Also I play mostly double. Defense-wise, how are they compared?

3. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I consider the VT80 to be far superior to the Z-slash. I didn't have any trouble adapting to the Z-slash I simply didn't care for it. Having said that the VT80 and the Z-slash are two completely different racquets. The VT 80 is quite head heavy and you will notice it.

If you play well with the Z-slash why change. If you really feel you need to play with a 'current' racquet my opinion would be to give the Victor MX-80 a try. It to me it would be a far more logical progression from the Z-slash.

BTW, your stringer sounds like an idiot.

4. oasis

oasis Regular Member

I just own a Z-slash and still trying to adapt to the racket. As many have mention that the frame head is smaller with a smaller sweet spot, i tend to hit the frame. but it's a really good for smashing and the sound of it make you go WOW !!! haha

5. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Z Slash is the best in terms of smash power:cool:!

6. cylife

cylife Regular Member

Lease Management
    Own both rackets. Feel like z slashbis like a natural extension of my arm. It's smashes are almost whip like. As for vt 80, it felt far more powerful, like smashing with a hammer. Have grown to love them both. But I think z slash is a more fragile racket though.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I own both.. Both rackets sucks in the control-department, but VT80s control is somewhat "tolerable" and have a really nice shaft. i would probably wait for VT90 or whatever.. YY seems to have realized the narrow frame was a design failure, and now are abandoning the whole idea on newer rackets. They will most likely also realize that the thicker tri-parts of the frame is a stupid design as well (economics over technology), and switch to slim frame design (= more expensive, quicker-tru-the-air frame) when they loose out to slimmer frame designs by competitors.

Yonex isn't doing much right these days imop. That being said, the VT80 is at least the best they have to offer today, and thus i think pretty much every of YY-sponsored singles player will switch to it (yes, even Taufik and Tago :)).

/T

8. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Albert, Relaaaaax and stop all your damn apologizing. You've stated your opinion and you made some good points. Stand behind your words or, don't bother to speak them.

9. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

VT80 is like a hammer...WHAM! Z-Slash is like an iron ball attached to a chain and a handle...WANG!!

10. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    seem to me its time u moved forward with n90ii

11. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Let's not get carried away and start guiding miceman to the right direction/racket.
    I have both ARCSZS 3U and VT80 4U. I wouldn't consider VT80 as an upgrade from Z-Slash. It depends on personal taste and preference.
    If you could play better with it, it could be an improvement. If not, it is a 'downgrade'......
    VT80 is worth testing out though if you have some spare cash.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    VT80 is slower than Z-Slash in terms on swing speed. VT80 is a reasonably good doubles racket too.

13. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

..or the fastest swing speed there is! Not even the Bravesword series cuts through the air as fast as the Z slashes through the air!

14. miceman

miceman Regular Member

I bought VT 80, although I doubted it is a better racquet then Z.

First impression, only 1 hour of easy play with arm injury, VT 80 is very easy to create powerful shots (not necessary more powerful then Z), predictable swing speed (no mishit), consistence drop shots (but need to fine tune since birdie travel a bit more, not landing as close as Z), tab shots very easy with power. Backhand and defence timing were a bit off but manageable (mainly due to injury).

15. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

You sound just like Master Bruce! :D

16. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

We are encouraged to learn from the best. Grand Master Bruce is a century man (one that comes by once in every century), mere mortals shouldn't and mustn't be compared to guys like him;). Anyways, wouldn't it be nice to have a racquet like the Z-Slash (or probably in Bruce's case, a studded iron ball attach to his nunchuks?)? The best combination of speed and power:cool:?