User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've bought a pair of SHB89KR ( Korea Version ) but its made in China. Haven't tried it yet..coz i'm still using my Gosen. I don't really know what is the different. But i heard that the Japanese Material is much better and sturdy than Made in CHINA ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I received my SHB-89JP last week. They are also made in china. Comparing them with my 89 US version, the construction and material are slightly different but mostly cosmetic. The JP has significantly better appearance. It comes with a different sole too. They use a special fabric in the sole called "Verycool" and the toes area is rippled. Performance wise I do not notice any difference yet except the a tighter fit provided by the wrap around instep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Emptive... Can you post a picture for us to see the verycool material on the shoes? So me and others can compare their versions with the JP versions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave the sole to a friend already. You can see it from the bottom of this page.

http://www.yonex.co.jp/badminton/fea...index.html#erg

I can post some pictures if you want to see the other parts of the shoes.

You can also check out the pictures from this site.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/fun/457058/472516/475154/

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/fun/img1049300443.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.. not much different. Btw do they give shoe bag?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another update.
    The second pair of SHB89 I purchased developed exactly the same problem as the first pair, in a little less time. I started using the the second pair at the end of August 2003.
    The first pair, which I returned have been replaced free of charge. It took a while because they were out of my size.

This picture is a comparison of the left (non-racquet) shoe of a brand new pair and a pair used for 5 months (7hrs/week)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG you killed the shoe! how many hours you play badminton per week?

can you guys review on Muzino shoes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default for what it is worth

I purchased a pair of yonex SHb89 shortly before the BANC tournament last Oct, I have never had a problem with court shoes and my previous Nike 'allcourt' shoes had given me great servive. The yonex shoes felt great when they were on but I ended up with terrible blisters under the balls of my feet and serious shin splints after only a couple of games even with own personal insoles in the shoes.

I switched then to a pair of Hi Tec viper
    http://www.ishop.co.uk/ishop/677/shopscr1732.html

This shoe also felt great when it was put on, and it felt much softer and flexible than the yonex shoe, grip was also excellent! however, after playing in them for a while they started to feel a bit too wide for my foot and I continually had to tighten them. I decided then to try the yonex again and tried to break them in by doing some running and skipping with them. This definately helped a lot and the grip and fit is still excellent, they have not lost their shape compared to the Hi Tec. i have a medium width foot but thin in the ankle and the yonex definately fit well. I would recommend breaking in yonex shoes before you play

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil.. what kind of flooring did u play on? How did u manage to make the shoe like that in such a short span? Do u use it for walking as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: for what it is worth

Originally posted by freeheeler
    I would recommend breaking in yonex shoes before you play
    Definitely agree.

When I first used my SHB89, I was amazed by the grip and comfortness, untill my feet felt pain and sore after the 1st session (about 3 hrs). Then, I decided to loosen the lace during drills, and use it for some on-court warm up (i.e. jogging) before getting into serious games. After a totaly usage about 8-10 hrs, it felt great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ants
    Neil.. what kind of flooring did u play on? How did u manage to make the shoe like that in such a short span? Do u use it for walking as well?
    The floor I play on mostly (4 hrs/week) is in a fairly new sports hall. I don't know what it's made of, but it is hard like concrete with a coating. It is not smooth. It is slightly rough so you get good grip, but I guess that is what is killing the shoes.

My badminton shoes are only ever worn in sports halls, for badminton. If I occasionally play squash I use different shoes. Never outdoors.

I have now put some duck tape over the hole to see how that does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have exactly the same shoes as Freeheeler has , i have mixed reviews about them:

+better than previous Hi-tec shoes for feel (previous models I felt were too elevated, so felt awkward to use, and more tendency to turn your ankle with improper movement

+they apear lighter than previous shoes, especially in the toe area. This may be due to the fact they dont use leather padding, and use light nylon material instead of a heavier plastic they used in previous shoes.

+-general feel I thought was good. I think more comfortable than the yonex 89 i had before, but less feel on the ground.

-the plastic wear bar on the toe isn't strong enough, or big enough, and the surrounding nylon area mentioned earlier isn't too strong either (Had for two months, and has worn through)

I must say however I do tend to wear out shoes very quicly, as I seem to drag my toe a lot more, I also play a lot, so this could explain the time that it has taken to wear out shoe.

The Percieved elevation also may be the same, but possibly my movement may be more consistent and proper (nah!) so the may explain why I think it is better than their (hitec) previous efforts for feel. However they need to keep the durability of their previous efforts as well (although this may inevitably lead to becoming heavier )

Overall for me, good comfortable, but needs reinforcement. I intend to get a leather patch sewn on. Will let you know how this goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post the picture on the wrong site..

This is the new color of Shb89
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ants, when will those shoes be available to the public? yellow's my fav colour and it'll go nicely with my mp99.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default this is the latest

shoe ( I think ) from yonex, the shb 98

http://www.bbeshop.com/yonex/shoes/shb98mx_03_spec.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the new SHB-89 for 4 months now. Previously I had Adidas cross-trainers(had to replace them because they were getting worn out).

Here's my review:

Grip is good for the first month (probably even less than that), I play 3 to 6 hours a week. It deteriotes not to a point where it is unuseable, but it feels the same as non-badminton shoes; ie: cross trainers. Wiping them on wet towels helps for a few rallies.

Cushioning is inadequate in my opinion. My feet feels shock when I land after I jump or lunge. Perhaps this was a compromise for the light weight?

Durability of the shoe seems to be good so far, except for outer sole.

The shape of the shoe is okay, but could use improvement. I feel the area near the toes is not wide enough. I wear size 8.5 US, and when I tried size 9, it was too big; my foot slipped inside the shoes.

Ankle support is good. I haven't sprained my ankle, but that applies prior to the previous shoes I had as well.

Color scheme is good, and lives up to Yonex's standards.

Rating: 7/10

Can any one recommend a pair of insoles from
    http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2thumb...S7VXDCETFJE024
    I definitely need better cushioning; the shock I get when playing isn't good my knees.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast