Neway: online store look legit to you??? (prices too good to be true?)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Capnx, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

http://www.newaystore.com/index.php/badminton/shoes.html?limit=24

Hard to imagine all the shoes are all $29.50. From the home page it looks like it's a Chinese store. Payment are made through Paypal, Western Union, MoneyGram and Wire Transfer. Not credit cards accepted... hmm...

anyways, was hoping for someone with some prior experience...

2. Loveisforever

Loveisforever New Member

I think that this store only sells fake items. For example, for the rackets, it gives you the option to choose from Normal to Grade A, which is more expensive by $20.

I have the 101LTD Edition shoes, and from the side view, they look nothing alike.

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    well, you already know it
    the price is too good to be true
    when I looked at their racket (the arcsaber 10 PG)
    there is JP on the shaft which is indicating it's a fake racket (JP code racket don't have JP print on their shaft)
    P.S: checked all of the rackets, they are all fakes

edit: and yes they are based on China
    Receiver Address: ROOM101, BUILDING7, LI YUAN HAO TING, LAI SHING, CHANG PING, DONG GUAN, CHINA

#3 Avenger, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  4. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Blatantly all fakes (ARC-10PG for $35? Yeah right...)
    Their obviously made up phone number is a nice touch - it's actually the same as God's phone number in the film "Bruce Almighty".

5. jackyche

jackyche Regular Member

Stuff is obviously fake. At least they're priced like fakes, so that's good. Hate it when people price fake crap like its a real thing. Now that would be just rip off.

Anyways, not sure if the site is legit, at least with PayPal, you can pay through credit card and then dispute if something's not right. PayPal is fairly easy to dispute. But its a hassle. But at least they won't get your credit card number if its a bogus site.

6. KAY-EL

KAY-EL Regular Member

I would like to add my two cents to this Neway Store. As stated above, their stuff is too cheap to be genuine but I only wanted to order t-shirts with names from them. The contact guy there (Andy) was friendly enough to reply and answer my queries. All that changed once I paid them.

I asked Andy to confirm once payment was received, were they ok to proceed and do they need to reconfirm orders. 1 month and 5 emails from me to them later and I still have not received a reply nor my shirts from Neway Store

Lesson learnt. Hope this email will prevent future buyers from being conned and DO NOT buy from Neway Badminton Store!!

7. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    if you use a paypal, you can issue a dispute

8. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You should get the full refund from PayPal if you request it within 40 days.
    No reason to wait that long for a "reconfirmation" only.

And yes, their products are fakes. I asked him and he confirmed that they are fakes.
    btw: they're not that cheap because the shipping costs are higher than usual...