Brand Racket Guide??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ran495, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

Hi guys,

im a newbie to the world of badminton rackets, been using yonex all my life. I am tempted to buy different brand, but their website isnt all that helpful in letting me know what each rackets strengths/weaknesses/specialities etc are.

Yonex's website has this racket guide which is quite helpful for me.

[​IMG]

If anyone can help me out in distinguishing the different series from different companies(i.e. Victor bravesword series, inside wave, etc) i would really appreciate it. Other than yonex rackets, im lost when it comes to the other companies such as li ning / victor/ etc.
    thanks in advance.

2. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

There isn't much we can do for you, one must try out ALL racquets from ALL companies.... hehe

3. visor

visor Regular Member

from the best of victor, there are only 3-4 choices:
    sw35 for power
    bs9,10 for speed
    mx80 for a bit of both

which racket on the yonex chart were you considering?

4. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Some charts I've collected:

Victor:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Li Ning:
    [​IMG]

FZ Forza:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

Wow this is exactly what i was looking for!!! Thanks!!!

I'm still currently using the ISO75 MF Light( its my first personal racket). And now im looking to trade up to a much more intermediate racket.

I've been eyeing the carbonex series for a very well balanced approach ( 20 sp, etc) but for just a little more i think its in range of the Victor Bs-10.

I don't consider myself a very good player, just intermediate at most. I want a well rounded racket to suit my needs.

6. druss

druss Regular Member

The 20 SP seems to be a funny choice... it's a very old racket and non isometric. I would think that the ArcSaber 10 would be a better, more modern, choice.

7. ran495

ran495 Regular Member

really? well it seems to be well rated and according to the chart its really balanced. Based on the chart the arc 10 is more head heavy and holds more. Like i said im not an expert on this stuff, im only basing it on what i read about... if there is a newer well balanced counterpart of the carbonex 20 i would love to know about it.

8. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    i agree with ran495 i got hooked to yonex since i started cuz they have easy to read guides and everything while the other companies like prince and karkal and gosen i know theyre good though. iw oulndt suggest the companies webs i would suggest badmintonalley.com they give reviews on everything they sell and they summarize the main things. they also usually give them at a discount of 20 dollars for rackets and such

9. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    also if you want a balanced you could get a rsl racket. ithink my friend has a nano powerfrom them or amillenium diamond and he says they re both balanced

10. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    the best way to find your best racket is to go to the stores. since your in the. philines go to a sm or a festival and look for either tobys or chrissports. i have purchased from them both and they have huge varietys. also if you do purchase a racket at tobys i know tht the labor of stringing is free.