Proposal for a new Yonex-esque string pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Blitzzards, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Following Yonex's string pattern recommendation, the new string pattern goes out of B9 through B12 then directly to T15 and straight to T13 then down to B10 and tie off at B8. The classic pattern on the other hand is out of B9 through B12, directly to T11 and straight to T10, down to B10 and tie off at B8 while the other new pattern is out of B9 through B12, directly to T16 then straight to T14, down to B10 and tie off at B8.

This alternative pattern I am thinking of is where instead of going all the way to B9, you would go out of T9 through T13 then directly to B11, straight to B12, up T15, then through T11 down B9 then tie off at B8. For the classic pattern it will be out of T8 through T10, straight to B10, through B12 straight to T11 then through T9 down to B9 and tie off at B8 while the other new pattern is out of T9 through T14 straight to B10, through B12 straight to T16 then through T11 down to B9 and tie off at B8.

I am wondering what you all think of this pattern will do to the structural integrity of the racquet frame. The only benefit that I porpose of this pattern is such that if you are stringing solely with flying clamps, you will be able to go up on the outer most main string and tie off at the nearest grommet (as how Yonex recommends) rather than going downwards on the outer most main string which has been discussed and suggested that the pattern may pull and stress the frame in an outwards direction. In contrast, the Yonex pattern is suggested to attempt to pull the frame inwards on the outer most main string.

With this pattern you will also be able to clamp the two outer most main strings to prevent tension loss. You will have to clamp the fourth most main string with the second most main string along the way but the distance between these two I have measured to be less than if you clamp the third most outer main string with the most outer main string (which the later even goes at an angle which makes it hard to clamp with the straighter main strings).

However the only catch is that as you tension the outer most main strings, you will be leaving the third most outer main string empty until the last thread. Will this affect the structural integrity of the frame and stress it in a way that I have yet experienced? I have not yet tried to string a racquet in such a pattern but I guess it will be more beneficial for stringer using a portable machine with only flying clamps.

So what do you stringers think?