User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But for INA fans out there, the good news is there is a good chance the one and only Taufik Hidayat as well as front man maestro Hendra Setiawan and his partner Markis Kido will come to Sydney to try and win the event.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    But for INA fans out there, the good news is there is a good chance the one and only Taufik Hidayat as well as front man maestro Hendra Setiawan and his partner Markis Kido will come to Sydney to try and win the event.
    That was the main reason I decided to go in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any reason I got an email from the volunteering organiser people saying that i hadn't submitted any dates when I have? Contacted the guy but not had a reply and wondered whether it was just me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confirmed entries to date:
    MS: taufik, chen jin, tien minh, sho sasaki, boonsak
    WS: Xuerui Li, Inthanon, Sayaka Sato, Wang Lin
    MD: Biao Chai/Guo Zhendong, Kido/Hendra, Hirokatsu Hashimoto/Hirata, Endo/Hayakawa (2011 Aus open Champ), Alvent/Hendra, and the whole Malaysia MD Team (exclude koo/Tan) : Goh V Shem/Lim Khim Wah, Mak Chee Hun/tan Wee Kiong, Hoon Tien How/Teo Kok Siang, Chan Peng Son/Ong Jin Guo
    WD: Shizuka Matsuo/Naito, maeda/Suetsuna, Vita/Nadya, Wong Pei Tty/Chin Eei Hui, Vivian Hoo/woon khe Wei, Lim Yin Loo/Goh Yiu Ling, Pia Zebadiah/Rizky Amelia Pradipta
    XD: Sudket/Saralee, Chan Peng Soon/Liu Ying goh, Reiko Shiota/Shintaro Ikeda, Songphon/Kunchala

will give update once more names are available

Hope to see you guys in Sydney...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was all geared up to go, and then a friend reminded me that its on the Easter long weekend.

My chances of going to Sydney on the Easter long weekend? Slim to none.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes! Taufik and Endo/Hayakawa.. Who are the Korean's sending?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more entries:

sony, simon, hayom, tommy, alamsyah
    lee hyun ii too, hong ji hoon and sho wan hoo - korea

tian houwei, Qiao Bin - China
    tanongsak, suppanyu - Thai

india MS full team
    India MD1 - sanave/rupesh

hafiz hazhim, arif, chong wei feng, chan kwong beng, daren liew, zulkifli zulfadli, yogendran, will all be there

Chinese taipei MS full team (hsueh hsuan yi, chou tien chen, hsu jen hao, lin yu shien)
    chinese taipei MD1 and MD2 will be there

Eric Pang - Netherland

HK MS: Hu Yun, wing ki wong, chan yan kit

Russia MS - Vladimir Malkov not PUTIN...:P

more to come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

huang sui(former china player) is playing under australia now in women double..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2012 version of this event will have easily the best field assembled since the Aussie Intl regained GP or GPG status.

Entrants list available on BWF website.

It makes for some amazing reading!

Very jealous of the NSW'ers getting this event in their backyard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leonardklh View Post
    huang sui(former china player) is playing under australia now in women double..
    Yeah..she lives in Mascot, sydney ...rich husband and 1 baby... so she is a stay home Mum....how niceWe are trying to get her to play again ...possibly for NSW

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, just an update. Today we had the flooring installed in Hall 4 of the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre. Then we laid out the 6 practice courts and the 5 main tournament courts. The court surface for the main tournament courts are green and are each in four pieces - zipped together using a special zip. The practice courts - 5 of them are blue each in 3 pieces and the 6th one is green - similar to the main courts but without the zipper. It was a big effort from the volunteers who helped to lay out the courts and then to put them together, line them up etc. Still a lot of work to do tomorrow - waiting for the court surface to settle, then roll out the air pockets - continue velcro-ing any practice courts that need connecting, then place the posts and the nets. Lots of work to do - anyone coming to volunteer - please come and say hello and ask what you can help with.

-John

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnlowe88 View Post
    Hi, just an update. Today we had the flooring installed in Hall 4 of the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre. Then we laid out the 6 practice courts and the 5 main tournament courts. The court surface for the main tournament courts are green and are each in four pieces - zipped together using a special zip. The practice courts - 5 of them are blue each in 3 pieces and the 6th one is green - similar to the main courts but without the zipper. It was a big effort from the volunteers who helped to lay out the courts and then to put them together, line them up etc. Still a lot of work to do tomorrow - waiting for the court surface to settle, then roll out the air pockets - continue velcro-ing any practice courts that need connecting, then place the posts and the nets. Lots of work to do - anyone coming to volunteer - please come and say hello and ask what you can help with.

-John
    You are doing some great work, John.

Unfortunately, I am unable to come to Sydney to assist in setting up for this tournament. I hope everything will run smoothly.

I shall catch up with you, perhaps in another Junior Tournament in Melbourne, within the next few months.

Keep us updated with news from Sydney.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 03-30-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had lots of volunteers helping - a few early ones like myself, then more as the evening went by. I will try to take some photos - maybe a time lapse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was a good effort, if a long one today

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teebs View Post
    Was a good effort, if a long one today
    Yes, it was - wasn't it. We really need to arrange dinner for those that are working long days. It was good to meet you.

I was able to take a number of time-lapse photos before my camera battery ran out, then swapped batteries and continued on. It seems that the first battery does not last as long as the second one - anyway, the batteries are being recharged right now.

To update those interested, we have the courts almost ready - the posts and nets went up during the evening on all of the courts. We have some rubber on the outside end of one court that needs to be reworked - this would be done in the morning probably.

Also we tested playing on one of the main courts - the lighting needs some getting used to and the aircon seems to have a bit of effect on the shuttle, but we'll see how the competition goes.

-John

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was this close to Kim Ha Na today

She looked much skinner in-person!!!

She was doing crunches right after on-court training. Next to her is Kang Ji Wook

Name:  KimHaNa.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  170.0 KB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today, there was not much for us volunteers to do. Mainly there were a couple of tasks to be done, and then it was a matter of wandering around the courts - so please any BCers that see me there, please come and say hello. We had the China, Korean and Australian teams in for practice on the main courts today together with others. They will also be practicing intensely tomorrow. When we got bored with wandering around, we went to keep the practice courts warm by playing on them. The main problem we had was finding enough racquets - those that people were willing to lend us, that is. The courts have a bit of bounce in them - because the wooden panels are nailed together, they can bow a little and actually lift off the concrete so that as we jump and run on the court we can feel the court impacting onto the concrete - just makes a bit of sound and is a little disconcerting. I will bring more racquets tomorrow - but we might not have much chance of playing - but we are hopeful.

-John

P.S. Yes, I saw the Koreans doing their exercises - I also walked past them a number of times.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast