CCC Badminton: Extras to appear in film production 'Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too'

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Jun 27, 2011.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    CCC Badminton: Extras to appear in film production 'Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too'

I received a request from Anna Kojevnikov.

====== * ====== * ====== start mail ====== * ====== * ======

Hi Chris,

I was wondering if you would mind help us with our search for extras to appear in the film? We are looking for extras of Asian appearance to be a part of the badminton scenes - some as players and some as spectators. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too is the story of Nic, a suburban teenager who dreams of being the greatest badminton player in the world, much to the dismay of his demanding father, a former tennis champion.

Writer/Director Corrie Chen and Producer Anna Kojevnikov are recent graduates of the Victorian College of the Arts School of Film and Television (VCA).

At VCA Corrie wrote and directed Happy Country (2008) and Wonder Boy (2010). Both films screened at numerous film festivals, and Corrie was selected for the Accelerator program at the 2009 Melbourne International Film Festival.

Anna produced Deeper Than Yesterday (Grand Jury Prize winner, Sundance Film Festival), The Zombie Monologues and Wonder Boy.

At its heart, Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too is about challenging cultural and social stereotypes.

Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too is one of 3 scripts to be chosen from 79 entries for the Open Channel Raw Nerve initiative, supported by Screen Australia, and will shoot around metropolitan Melbourne from the 30th of June to the 3rd of July, 2011.

We are currently seeking volunteers to appear as extras in the production.

Note: All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

We are also particularly looking for extras of Asian appearance for the following scenes:
    1. Badminton opponents
    2. Badminton crowd
    3. Bus stop crowd

Any gender, aged 16 to 99.

====== * ====== * ====== end mail ====== * ====== * ======

CCCers who are interested, please let me know; And I shall redirect you to Anna.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too

Finally...... I have been informed that the film production 'Bruce Lee Played Badminton Too' will be screened this Friday, 25-May-2012, 9:00pm, at the Astor Theatre (corner of Chapel Street & Dandenong Road, at Windsor).

Hope that many CCCers will be there to watch it. :D:D:D

http://www.stkildafilmfestival.com.au/2012-s2/details/420

#2 chris-ccc, May 21, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012