Ashaway shoes - size guide?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by allyjack110, Jun 30, 2011.

1. allyjack110

allyjack110 Regular Member

University Graduate (History)
    I’m looking to buy a pair of Ashaway shoes but since I will be buying them online I am unsure exactly which size to order. My regular ‘everyday’ shoes are a size 10 UK (Eur 45, US 11), but my current pair of Yonex shoes are a size 10 ½ UK. Since Ashaway do not produce half sizes I am torn between ordering a size 10 or 11. Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

2. allyjack110

I knew somebody who wore Ashaway shoes but said she had to get 1 size larger than normal because she felt they were 'small-made'. I quite like these ones. 'Boston', brand new from Ashaway.

http://www.ashaway.co.uk/index.php?category=26&page=detail&pid=199&brand=

13077038814_BOSTON%20SHOE%20low%20res.jpg

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

they look like clones of the SHB101MX. I would just ignore Ashaway shoes, Li Ning, Victor, Yonex, Mizuno etc, are much better.

4. allyjack110

Yeah, I've noticed that myself. In truth though a lot of Ashaway products tend to be clones of Yonex. However, I'm still a fan of Ashaway as a badminton brand - I tend to use their shuttles and strings (microlegend XL) and I've also had good experience with their rackets. Also, my last few pairs of badminton shoes have been Yonex and on both occassions neither set have lasted me more than 4 months.

5. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    I would say always go by the Japanese (cm) size, as these are more reliable (UK-10.5 = JP-28.5).
    Mizuno for example, are always 1 size larger than you would expect. A mizuno shoe labeled as: US-11.5, UK-10.5, EU-45, JP-29.5 is actually going to be a UK-11.5
    Personally though, I'd stick to buying from an actual shop - when it comes to footwear, a perfect fit is way more important than any so-called technology.