Why does getting a picture of the serial code matter?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Big SmAsh, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Big SmAsh

Big SmAsh Regular Member

I see in the Buy and Sell section that people ask for the serial code of the racket. I was wondering why they do that? Is there some place to check the serial code numbers? What is a real serial code supposed to look like?

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

as there are many fakes or so called replica badminton rackets being made in the market. u find it easily online.
    such code helps to verify authenticity of the racket as it also affects the warranty of the racket.

depends on which brand u r buying, there should be a support to check whether yrs is a authentic or not.

3. Big SmAsh

Big SmAsh Regular Member

so online you can check serial code numbers to see if they are authentic? if thats the case then why don't the fakes just copy serial codes off of the website that offers them?

4. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

no what i mean is u can purchase replica badminton rackets online.

not find the serial code online.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the serial code is not a 100% fool proof way to see if a racket is authentic. but it requires extra step for the fake manufacture to follow, and many of them don't.

they need to make sure that the serial and date code matches. as we see, many of them aren't capable of doing that.

they also need to print the code in the right font using the right method, many of them don't.

looking at the serial code probably filters out 75% of the fake out there, which is a step that is worth doing for buyers.