User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hello3 View Post
    Please do not assume such things. I am here to further my game play deceptively instead of being judged.Thank you for all the people that posted constructive responses. I shall review them and try to incorporate them in my game play.
    I am only judging you on what you have posted. I am not making false judgements. Anyway my response was constructive in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hello3 View Post
    Before you judge me and tell me to learn to walk before i run, let me tell you about myself. My dad is a badminton coach and I have been playing badminton since I was 5. I learned how to do everything by age 15
    So here you tell us, that basically you can play every shot perfectly. Why don't you ask your dad if he is a coach ?
    and am now playing professional league.
    My interpretation of "professional league" is a league where the best players (BAM back ups, and best state players as well as juniors) compete, so I would expect you to be of that standard.
    I am entering my first competition in August
    So you are that good, and gave never played in a competition before ? Hard to believe...
    and was wondering if anyone could send me a video link on how to do some trickshots or describe it easily so that I may incorporate this in my singles matches. Thank you.
    Why on earth do you feel the need to learn trickshots just to play in a tournament ? I would only consider playing trickshots in a training match, never really in a competition unless I am 10+ points up. In a competition if you make a mess of your trickshot, then you look like an idiot infront of lots of people you dont know. And anyway you can't really describe a trickshot easily, it's better to "watch and learn"Obviously you didn't learn everything, if you can't play any deception, even 11 year olds here can play really effective deception that is capable of fooling really high standard people.My guess is that you aren't as good as you say are... Although I am happy to be proved wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by urameatball View Post
    don't be so sure that his 10 years experience and his dad being a coach automatically makes him an amazing player.Lots of players with similar experience are intermediate at best. In fact, I know of a few beginner level players with close to 10 years experience. On the other end of the spectrum, I know of a few advanced players with only 2-3 years experience and no formal training.
    Yeah I know, like I said there are 11y/o who play here, and they can beat tons of people at U17 and U19 even ! The time you have been playing doesn't reflect how good you are, quality not quantity !My guess is that he isn't as great as he makes out, I mean how can you play in a professional league and yet not play ANY deception.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine that many people here are making a judgement based on the phrase "professional league". As LD rules states, the use of this word means I am thinking of national and international standard players - these are the professionals.

However, perhaps you mean "official" league or something like that, some sort of competitive or club league?

I think if we cleared that up, then we would have a better understanding of the standard that you are at, and how to best advise you.

Hello 3:
    By the way, did you have a chance to watch that match I posted between Pullela Gopichand and Peter Gade in the All England Semi Finals in 2001? It really is a great match, well worth watching Pullela Gopichand is such a unique player! Very deceptive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait. Question here. Trick shot is different from deceptive shot, right?
    I can do a little deceptive shot by doing the hold and hit technique. I think it's one of the things that seperate advanced players from intermediate players. A more difficult deceptive shot is the double motion, which is rarely used especially in doubles (as doubles is faster).

Trick shots are for show boating. I mean, I rarely see professional players do trickshots in tournaments.

IMO, I think Indonesians are the most deceptive players. Chinese players are more basic (although could be deceptive if they wanted to), but they're really fast. The same goes for Koreans.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trickshots, to me, are things like
    'round the back'
    'through the legs'
    'miss a backhand overhead, then reverse under arm it'

deception, to a more or lesser extent, is more like
    hold-hit
    feint clear then net
    show straight net then cross-court net