User Tag List

Thread: Lordosis

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lordosis

It's curving of the lower spine. I don't know if any of you have this. I do and I don't know what to think of it or what I can do to make it go away. I read somewhere that there is a back brace you came buy. I "think" I only "THINK" Taufik has Lordosis as well. which is why he has a back brace on when he plays. He has a gut, but I don't think it's a fat gut. i think his back is pushing his stomach out. so any suggestions for players with this condition?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's normal to have a certain degree of lordosis of the lower lumbar spine.Do you have it excessively and is it painful?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Dr. visor: lordosis is not a condition but a description. It is normal in the lumbar spine, to a degree. It's only an issue if it's painful or limiting desired movement. Some people simply have a naturally more pronounced lordosis than others. In other people it may be from chronic muscle imbalances or a degenerative condition.

Very doubtful that a brace will "fix" it, but a brace may reduce pain when the back is under stress (eg. playing).

I don't know anything about Taufik's back, but most players with braces are playing because of problems with the muscles or discs of their back, not so much because of lordosis.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have some pain. I have it excessively. I would like to buy i back brace, but i don't know where to buy one in China. I may have to go back to Canada It 's doesn't "hurt" when I play. but I can feel it. I am afraid it's going to effect me 2 or 3 years down the road.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's very unusual to hear of 'excessive' lordosis.

Taufik has put on weight. It's nothing to do with lordosis (or rather it is highly improbable).

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    I do have some pain. I have it excessively. I would like to buy i back brace, but i don't know where to buy one in China. I may have to go back to Canada It 's doesn't "hurt" when I play. but I can feel it. I am afraid it's going to effect me 2 or 3 years down the road.
    Agree with Fidget. Lordosis shouldn't cause pain. What you should rule out are other pathologies like disc herniation/degeneration, facet joint degeneration, etc, all of which can cause back pain more so than simple lordosis. Since you're in China, you may as well get a CT scan of the low back. It's very cheap there to get it, probably only 1/10th of what it costs here in Canada.