Introduce Yourself (Post in English, please)

Discussion in 'Philippines' started by y0nex, Mar 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Type 100

Type 100 Regular Member

I'm "Type 100" and I hail from Paranaque City. I'm basically an intermediate player, playing on and off for four years already.

I've been working for 14 months on my first job, and luckily it's got badminton activities and tourneys I can join.

2. maanphd75

maanphd75 Regular Member

College professor
    Rizal Stadium newbie

Hi! I teach:) (and study) (as a grad student) in DLSU Manila and play at Rizal Stadium for fun. Do any of you guys play there?

3. LeeRoy

LeeRoy New Member

Student
    hi everyone....... i'm roy 30, frm indo n just new in silang, cavite... i'll like to play with anybody avarage.... single or double..... just want 2 improve the stamina n keep body fit always.... thanks!
    r_mapaliey@yahoo.com

4. blackmamba

blackmamba Regular Member

Executive Assistant
    hello badminton addicts hehehhe, im just new in this forum and hopefully i will get to know you all, i have just started playing badminton last year, joined our company tournament last year and im still refining it with training from time to time with my coach but i play regularly like twice a week, anyone of you playing in FTI Badminton Camp in Taguig??? I also play at Ultimate Impact, The Zone, MetroBadminton... hope I could play with you in the future. Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself. I am Black Mamba.

5. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Hi, I'm venkatesh gonzalez.

I've been into badminton since high school (on and off). However, considering the amount of experience, I can't say that I have already made a big leap towards becoming a level A player, as I can only say that I'm in level B or C.

Badminton is not a career for me, but it's one of the things that I enjoy playing.

I play 3 to 2 times a week.

My home court is in Club Flick, Paranaque.

I have already played at Playground and Star Smash in Alabang (no recommendations for these courts ... bad queueing if you're an outsider), Winner Badminton Club in Laguna (reccomended, nice place), Sta. Rosa Badminton Club in Laguna (highly reccomended, friendly people), et al.

I'd like to know more people from this forum.

6. westle11

westle11 Regular Member

Student
    hey guys. wes hir.! college kid and i enjoi playin badminton and uhmmmm..yah, thats about it,

im from pque nga pla, bicutan to be specific.XD and yah! i play in flick as well venkatesh. but..often na lng. wala na allowance eh! hihi.XD and i dont know if its coincidence, but we also have a house in sta. rosa.XD cool!! but its in belair.u know that?

7. jayson_jep22

jayson_jep22 New Member

TRAINER here in davao

hi good day

hi im jayson 19 years old. i need a badminton trainer. i dont know my level in badminton. but i like this sport. I want to learn more. A trainer who is affordable and best. :) I promise to be a good student.

hoping for a reply
    email me: jayson_jep22@yahoo.com

PS: pm me for the requirements and cost and agreements.
    contact no. please

thank you

#47 jayson_jep22, May 26, 2008
    Last edited: May 26, 2008
  8. BadMNTN_abner

BadMNTN_abner Regular Member

student
    pasingit.

Im abner dano. 3rd year/BS Computer Science regular student of Roosevelt College Marikina. 19 y/o. my name sucks. it means, an abnormal(abner) damaged(dano) man(patris,my midle name). [​IMG]
    i met badminton in our second year, first semester. i have gone crazy about it that my girlfriend became jealous.haha=D
    di ko alam level ng laro ko, pero siguro yung pagka baliw ko dito level SSS. haha(over ata yun) i became a member of this community last night, and i mean to stay for a lifetime.
    i would love to find a group or club that can teach me more about improving my game. i've never been to any tourney but im willing to train harder than what hard gets so that i may be able to build confidence through experience and fortunately, be on the world.
    badminton is such a magnificient sport. unlike billiard or boxing or other sport, we dont have someone to represent us to the world (xempre ung mga asuncion) but still, the badminton environment in our country revolve so fast. gets? it means, badminton is here to stay.
    and yeah, i did not only love badminton because of the common reasons like physical fitness or time killer.

i love badminton because i love badminton!

9. raulm

raulm New Member

Hello,

It's been a long time since I wrote my introduction. We have in Tanay the previous Daranak Bowling Lanes converted to Badminton Court. But the most recent one is in Morong very close to the new memorial park going to Antipolo is a better palce to play. Queing every Thursday night 6pm to 10 pm. The badminton club plays there regularly every Tuesday, Wednesday evening and Saturday and Sunday morning.

Cheers

Raul

10. blackmamba

blackmamba Regular Member

Executive Assistant
    welcome to the world of badminton addicts!!!! :)

hello abner and welcome to bc, where all badminton enthusiasts around the planet meet.... before anything, you're name does not suck, i think its a nice name... so cheer up and be happy... and just enjoy life while playing badminton...

i'd like to invite you to join our club TriStar Badminton Club but your location is quite far from our place, currently, we play at FTI Complex in Taguig and Makati City, if you have every Wed and Fri, you could join our group....

so again welcome and hope you enjoy your stay....

for the love of badminton... blackmamba:)

11. brokenribs

brokenribs New Member

Software Development
    Broken Ribs... because I literally dislocated two of my floating ribs (left) while playing in a tournament without any form of stretching or limbering (after not having played for almost a year).

I'm 46 years old and a former volleyball varsity player (I won't say which school, but I played in the UAAP). That means my smashes are really really hard (I'm six feet tall), but that's about it. My footwork is non-existent. I just wait for the shuttle to float up and boom! My drop shots suck. Plus I tend to swing the racket tennis-style, because that's my favorite spectator sport.

I've been wanting to go serious with this sport because it makes me sweat a lot and I get tired even while warming up and doing clears (I smoke a lot). But it's hard to find play mates in or around Paranaque (where I live).

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i guess this thread should be move to the introduction section of the forum:)

13. Mt. Apo

Mt. Apo Regular Member

Consultant
    Hi,

Can I join you when you play in Sta. Rosa? I heard about Winner but haven't played there yet. BTW, I'm Sherwin from Los Banos.

14. 88raymond

88raymond Regular Member

engineer
    88raymond here. i'm 39, stand 5'10" only, and also played volleyball in the uaap. just started playing badminton in february of 2006 (once a week then). i play almost 3x a week now, mondays (olivarez), fridays (olivarez), and saturdays (flick). usually play for at least 5 hours straight. i play weird (using either the left or right hand).

15. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Oh man! I just read your message. I played in Winner last December 26. Had I read your post, I would have invited you. I'll be playing there again probably on January 2, 3, or 4. PM me your cellphone number before 31 so I could text you. :)

16. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Welcome Raymond! :)

Dude, I've been trying to contact you to ask if you're gonna play today. I wanna burn fats before I start eating again tons of food this new year. Dude, you're not answering my text message. :mad:

17. 88raymond

88raymond Regular Member

engineer
    oops, my bad. i was already playing at flick when you sent your sms. let's play again tomorrow! games start at 5pm. (others are welcome, too).

hope you got to play with the others at olivarez. i heard there will be a lot who'll play, but i don't have energy anymore to continue the game there. :p

and btw, thanks for the welcome ;)

18. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I'm afraid I can't play today. I'm at work and I don't wanna miss being paid double because it's legal holiday. Maybe we'll just see each other next year. Happy New Year!!!

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

anyway, Happy New Year to you guys there in Philippines:)
    i have a friend staying in PHI too:)
    he stays in manila..hehe:D

20. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Happy New Year to you too. I also live in Manila. If ever you come visit your friend, don't hesitate asking us to play. There are a couple of cool courts here.