APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

My Tantrum 200 collapsed on a clear. Strung with BG80 @ 28lbs. APACS did not want to replace it but just as well since I was on to the ZELMs by then.

2. CLKLX

CLKLX Regular Member

company director
    Kiat, I have 1 Tantrum 200 bought 1 week ago for sale at RM200, keen?

3. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

what is the price u bought from OKK?? is that same price as ARC??? :confused:

4. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I guess both of them provided very similar price, just one is with stringing service and another one is not.

I personally only heard about L60 and L70 having quality issue, others like tathum or stern high end series dun have those issues.

5. Budha

Budha Regular Member

Thanks for the information, i hope that he will send the rackets soon. 8 days and counting. =)

6. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    No , dont own any VH range , cant stand the sight of having a hollow shaft and just dont like the idea at all. the L70 is a more powerful racket than the T200 , here is my rating for the top APACS rackets

L70

Feel 8.5/10
    Control 8/10
    Power 9.5/10
    Defense 8/10
    Maneuverability 7/10
    Overall 8/10

Comment : Nice power , but lack that sharpness required in MD - an ideal singles racket. An excellent all round racket nevertheless

AMP95

Feel 7/10
    Control 7/10
    Power 10/10
    Defense 6/10
    Maneuverability 5/10
    Overall 7/10

Comment : An excellent attacking racket not so much in defensive-wise , strong wrist required to bring the most out of this beast.

T200

Feel 10/10
    Control 9.5/10
    Power 9/10
    Defense 9/10
    Maneuverability 9/10
    Overall 9.5/10

Comment : A brilliant racket ! One of my favorite of all time and currently my-go-to-racket , even the legendary NS9900 need to take a bow and move aside.

#2586 staiger, Mar 24, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  7. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    hi all, i have a stern 200, is it a high end racket in apacs range?

8. whatever001

whatever001 Regular Member

Can any1 compare the lethal 50 to lethal 60/70? From what I heard, lethal 60 and 70 are the same, just targeted to different markets Thanks

9. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Yes, stern consider high end series in APACS, but 200 if not mistaken is not woven, so it will not effectively produce the power of the racket, but still a very good racket.

10. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Lethal 60 is the most quality report fault racket in APACS, it is powerful but so far there are many broken case, so i dont really want to comment this racket.

Lethal 50 is good, powerful to do smashing and also quite balance, giving 8/10 on the rackets.

Lethal 70 i have no chance to try yet because no frens own it, but heard from the review is lighter than L60 but do generate the same decent power for L70, you can go to the shop and try it out, should be there already.

11. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Ya, very much agreed on the reviews, haha, by the way, i also fans of T200 as well.

12. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

is it ? do you know what is the woven ?

then how come Yonex never used any woven ???

13. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Me too. I sold my ARC10 in favour of my ZELM PP9990 (more powerful) and the T200 (faster). I know this is an APACs thread but if you have access to the ZELM PowerPlay 10000, that is faster and more powerful than the T200.

14. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I might not be good knowledge on this, but i tried to explain to you what i knew so far.

Old age, badminton racket is built by light metal material, so when you carried those rackets, it is heavy and need more wrist power to hit the shuttle. Then come to about 8 years old from you, people created something called "Carbon" to replace the metal, so this carbon is great as well because it does able to generate the same power as what the previous version had.

So nowadays, carbon racket is everywhere and become popular because it is light, can be stiff, control well on the racket, most of the manufacture use it. Woven, is another kind of quality actually. It is lighter than carbon in theoretically and it is more latest material use for racket manufacture. I don't think current woven can generate the same power for what carbon can do, so nowadays those woven racket they are combined carbon and woven to make the racket lighter to increase the efficiency.

They are some other manufacture use woven effectively like RSL, APACS only have one, Yonex won't do that because Yonex racket usually is more heavy compare to other brand, this is just the little knowledge i knew about it, if it is wrong, hopefully someone can correct me to avoid wrong knowledge to others.

:)

15. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    yes , my review was only base on the racket I owned , and I have not been able to get hold of any Stern rackets in the uk.

weeyeh , so is not Zelm 10000 nothing like the zelm powerplay 9900 , because that is not a quick racket by no mean..I really have to check out the powerplay 10000, been hearing alot of good reviews .

Loneboy62 , thats a nice history about how Woven got into badminton racket, it is a reinforce material to strengthen the carbon shaft of the racket making it stiffer and stronger. someone said on the forum woven can also make the shaft brittle as it does not tolerate much stress thus durability is an issue...I ahve not tried any woven rackets ever so I dont know much about them !

#2595 staiger, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  16. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

thanks for trying to explain what is woven ....

do you know that actually woven is also carbon ? :D
    woven is not material but it is a method.
    racket is made by carbon layer which is made by carbon fiber (also known as Carbon graphite), it is an extremely thin layer of carbon, so one of the method to make a carbon layer so-called woven, it is as like pre-weaving of string, but it uses carbon fiber.

(being an engineer in this field made me know what is woven) :)

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

So does it mean that woven method is better than conventional carbon design? Is it stronger and more durable? what about the weight to achieve the same strength as conventional carbon design?

18. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Nope.. very different from the 9990 except they are both fantastic in their own forte.

19. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    stern 200 have woven in the shaft only, stern 300 have woven in shaft and frame.
    But what i saw is the frame and shaft on my stern200 are similar, look like have woven inside.

20. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Got IT, actually i thought woven is the material of clothes quality because according to english dictionary, it is used for the purpose.

And today finally i knew that woven is still carbon fiber, thought it is kind of different quality stuffs because it is really lighter.