Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    she needs a supportive BF!

seriously, look at XXF, she didn't do well until...

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i also don't think Wang Yihan's size (height) is a disadvantage for/working against her. If i recall, ZN and XXF are taller and have more length than WYH, yet they were quite sucessful...We'll see..
    ..until the man they call Super Dan came into her life, is it???..

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Zhang Ning is slightly shorter than Yihan. Yihan is having the same height as Xie Xingfang. Hmm... But, so far there is none in the China MS team can take over LD's role. So, who can Yihan really rely on? :D

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

yup, quite sad for her. For those could not understand chinese, you can listen from her sound, she was sobbing. :(

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..really?????..Yihan is as tall as XXF????..:eek:...i don't believe it...Last time i checked, i stood next to both XXF and ZN (during the 2005 WC) and i recall XXF is as tall as me and ZN is a bit shorter (yes, ZN and XXF didn't wear any high heels shoes)..
    Do you have Wang Yihan's height data?..
    ..like they say 'a picture can tell 1,000,000 words' (or something like that)..don't have to hear her voice or sobbing, just take a look at her facial expression and tears running down her cheeks and we can feel her emotion..

#1465 ctjcad, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

WYH is 178cm tall as provided.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

She has the height but is clearly heftier than XXF and ZN, who are lightweights in comparison. Her movements become more laboured as a match goes on and opponents tend to move her around more to take advantage of this. Somehow, her defence seems poor too.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..okay, she's quite tall. That's abt as tall as me, more or less.
    ..she was undefeated vs. Eriko prior to last night..Are you suggesting Yihan gained weight between her last win vs. Eriko and last night??:confused:..i don't really subscribe to her height being a downside factor but yes, her footwork which makes it seem laborious for her to move around..
    suetyan, do you think Yihan is heftier than either or both ZN and XXF??..:confused:

#1468 ctjcad, Aug 27, 2010
  9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Yihan gained weight? I don't think so, she is quite thin. Hmm.. I think she is heftier than XXF but not ZN. ZN<WYH<XXF.

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think you'll have to ask her but be prepared to get slapped across the face :p:p

Don't you think during her slide over the last few months that she has shown a similar pattern of laboured movement as a match progressed. No wonder she always has that pained look on her face. For sure her footwork needs work but it seems OK at the beginning when her legs are still strong. My conclusion is that she could be playing at a slightly lighter weight to afford her a bit more mobility, especially in game 3's.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

- suetyan has given the confirmation.:cool:
    - IMO, her current weight is fine. She can lose a bit more weight, or be playing with a slightly lighter weight, but i don't think it'll be enough to curtail or bring her out of her current funk...
    - I think WYH has been keeping her weight consistent the same from last yr to currently..
    - I do think her early success could be partly attributed to her being new/unknown in the world circuit..but now, other players are starting to figure her style of play..Imagine losing to Juliane Schenk (in straight games) in last yr's WC (okay, i understand pressure could be there as it was WYH's first appearance in a WC), then losing to BSH (also in straight games) in this yr's UC Final (okay, i understand pressure could reappear as it's her first time playing as 1st WS in an UC Final)..

#1471 ctjcad, Aug 27, 2010
  12. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

aiks, why suddenly changed from footwork to weight? Is footwork related to weight? lol :D

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

suetyan, how much does she weigh?

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

*all fingers pointing to madbad for bringing up her weight issue/her being heftier than XXF and ZN*..:p

15. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

this question is very difficult to tell, even I myself can't tell my weight as it changes from day to day. Previously, it was reported she is around 60kg.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..that's not too bad...i think mine, sometimes it changes from hour to hour..:eek:

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

This is what I see with my own eyes. She looked more streamline when when was winning titles. I remember I used to call her chicken arms :p.

I think she has gained muscle hence look a little more filled out. It's different from person to person. Some can carry the extra weight but others are affected by it (even if it's a matter of 3-4 lbs).

Each person has their own ideal fighting weight and I don't think WYH is currently at hers.

Anyway, this is my speculative theory which may or may not contain any truth to explain her poor form

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Just believe on herself that she can! I guess Yihan WR as #1 will be dethroned by Wang Xin soon...

19. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

She is a tad meatier than when she was at the AE in March. Probably should wear higher potency Phiten to help her carry through;).

Myself at 1.81 m standing next to her, I can say she is definitely over 1.78 m tall but no more than 1.79 m (maybe .5 cm less).

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

It's not the height, it's the heft we're trying to figure out