Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I agree and said before too, this trio of LD, LCW and TH crossed path in this generation and only one can win at any one time. Whether people like LD or not, we have witnessed an exceptional player. As for LCW, the way he plays, IMO, I would say the best player MAS has produced except that he has not won many majors to back that up, the reason is he got overshadowed first by TH prior to 2005 and LD after 2005. This time though, he may have a chance, provided he doesn't get hurt and maintained his form. That is my thought.

2. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I can guarantee you CAB would want LD to play in AE, WC, OLY and AG...guarantee LD will play in them. Whether he wants to or told to throw the game, that is another thing.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yeah, I get this feeling that as time goes by, the CBA (LYB?) will use LD more and more as the "joker in the pack." Part of the overall strategic maneuvering.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This year, Lin Dan will probably reserve his best for the Sudirman Cup and the Olympic Qualification Period starting from May 2011 till Apr 2012. Barring any real injury (which is very unlikely), we will definitely see him playing in Sudirman Cup 2011, World Championships 2011, Indonesia, Denmark, China, and next year's Korea and All-England SSP (since these are the tourneys that will bring in the major points for Olympic Qualifcation and absence in the 5 SSP tourneys will be penalized). That itself is already 7 tourneys, plus Japan, CHN Masters, and Hong Kong SS which I believe he will play to make it 10 tourneys. Just nice.

He will probably enter the other smaller tourneys to help out his team-mates to qualify, ie: Chen Long (definitely) and Chen Jin (if the big boss deems that Chen Jin is still good enough). Otherwise, Du Pengyu or Wang Zhengming (the next two) will be "helped" in one way or another.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am sincerely hoping for LCW to win the World Championships this year. He really missed out big time last year, losing to Taufik Hidayat whom he had thrashed so many times before and also thrashing him again a few more times after that defeat.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Can u imagine David Ferrer losing to Rafa Nadal just for the sake of Nadal getting the Grandslam??? Or Andre losing to Pete to let him win as many majors as possible, for the sake of Team USA?

In fact, the reverse is true and Rafa (albeit injured) got beaten by Ferrer. He was seen shedding a few tears also.

That should be the real spirit of the game...but unfortunately, we will be seeing more and more underhanded tactics being used (not only by CHN I believe) as the Olympics Qualifaction looms nearer and nearer.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

As long as associations are heavily involved in badminton, they will do what them deem fit for the country. You can't really compare tennis to badminton. Tennis players are all independent contractors (read professionals). Badminton in still in its infancy at the pro game but it will eventually get there. The body running the pro circuit will be strong and able to dictate terms with associations.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's my feeling. I had written about that also a few days ago and I believe BWF is in the right track, with the revamp of the SS structure and bringing in a consulting company to help them do so.

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    China still has many National Association Tennis players

Not all Tennis players are independent contractors. China still has many National Association Tennis players, although the well-known ones have now gone on their own;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...yers-going-Professional&p=1612223#post1612223

11. laonong

laonong Regular Member

That's because olympic medal for tennis is nothing comparing to other opens. Hope one day badminton players can ignore olympic games and focuse more on CBA which will pay their big money.

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Why "focus on CBA" only?

There are plenty of reasons for players to compete professionally, not just playing in the China Badminton League. I personally don't think the CBL plays that much of an important role at all in the profesionalization of the game.

The aim that BWF should have will be to improve the prize money (which they are doing right now) to let players know that they can survive by competing in the tourneys (just like tennis).

Scrap the national-association based requirements for competition and professionalize the sport. That's the key message.

13. laonong

laonong Regular Member

because other countries does not have a big market.

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It actually looks like his for the taking, depending on how he peaks and the draw.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Just monitor how fast the Denmark and Thailand teams have recuperated or risen

and see how their lean systems work.

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Luckily Zhuge Liang and Sun Tsu were not born during Li Yong Bo and Lin Dan's times, otherwise they will be the most villified people on the planet and recorded down in history as villians like Chao Chao(sorry just eg).
    I bet Li Yong Bo and Lin Dan have studied the classics and must also be good in playing chess.

#1876 Bbn, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

----------------------------------------double post-------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    WC2010 is for the taking, who the heck can expect LCW to lose to TH. Also WC2006 in KL where he usually was at his best playing at home. In 2006 TC LCW went undefeated and he lost to Bao Bao in that one. At that time, I was weighing going home to see my mom and to take in the WC but too much contract work at that time.

19. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err....WC 2006 was held at Madrid, while WC 2007 was held at KL. LCW lost to Sony in KL.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    lcw had car accident before the wc 2006
    but still,even if he didnt have car accident
    i dont think he can beat lin dan