APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. rlracquet

rlracquet Regular Member

Lol, not even the latest MX80 or VT80?

2. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    Unfortunately they ran out of stock for now. I'll get one next time :)

3. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

So how is the apacs racquet doing for u gary? Give us some review :)

4. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    I get to try them soon :p Right now it's 5PM but I don't have the courts available til 9PM :(

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'll be very interested in how you find the Lurid power 21, 22 and 23. To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical about this adjustable balance point. I don't think the balance point would change that much. The adjustable point at the bottom of the shaft may make the racket more head light, but I don't think it would make it significantly more head heavy, even though it may be measured to be so.

Despite some discussion with DinkALot via PM, I am still not convinced that adding a few grams of weight to the handle makes much difference to the overall effective balance of the racket. This is because of the fulcrum concept as described here:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...Vectran-E-1000?p=339595&viewfull=1#post339595

For example, adding lead tape to the head of the racket would certainly make it more head heavy (weight is being added relatively far away from the fulcrum point). However, adding lead tape to where you are directly gripping the racket should not make any effective difference at all. Adding lead tape specifically to the base of the handle (right at the bottom, below where you would grip the racket) would make the racket more head light, but only by a little bit - the distance from the fulcrum point (where you are holding the racket) is very small, and therefore the effective applied force would be very minimal.

6. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    That's one of the things I am going to look to try and maybe ask a few others if they feel the difference. Personally just trying it at home I don't feel any difference and I already like their feel at default.

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Since the weight is being added just below the fulcrum point, it would have to be a relatively very heavy weight to make any effective difference.

I have a funny feeling that the Lurid Power is almost identical to other apacs rackets, except they have incorporated this adjustable balance point. Can you post the exact specs written on the racket?

8. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Any specific reason for buying all three Lurid-Powers?

9. van de nan

van de nan Regular Member

planner
    Hi,

I owned a t200 but i'd just saw an old thread from a bc forumer selling his t200 but his t200 got muscle frame on top of the frame and mine doest have this. Is there an explaination to this?

10. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I also noticed that. I wanted to buy the T200 with the mp frame on the top. But when I got it on 2010, there was no mp frame on the top. I am also curious to know why this has happened.

11. van de nan

planner
  12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Sounds like the Tantrum 200 came in 2U, 3U, and 4U. By the way, what exactly do you mean by "muscle frame"? That Tantrum 200 in the picture has the words "Extreme Power" at the top, which is what is written on my Tantrum 300.

13. GaryC

GaryC Regular Member

IT Analyst
    They came in a package, all three for the price of two so I jumped on the chance to get them. I must say I like the 21 and 23.

I just finished a 2 hour session with some friends.. our skill level are like beginner+ with a friend that's advanced.

ssj100, my friend that's an advanced level player was actually laughing at the idea of changable balance points using the tiny weights. He actually stopped laughing after we had him test it out and said there was a difference. I only noticed it after playing with the head heavy setting and then switched to the 4gram weight but after playing a few rallies the feel went away and wasn't noticable.

Here are the specs on each Lurid Power

21 - Weight 85-87g, Balance 295 +- 2mm, Flex 8.5, Max Tension 35lbs, ISO frame
    22 - Weight 85-87g, Balance 295 +- 2mm, Flex 8.5, Max Tension 38lbs, This one has a similar frame as slayer 99
    23 - Weight 85-87g, Balance 288 +- 3mm, No info on Flex, Max Tensin 38lbs, ISO frame

14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Exactly how heavy are the changeable "weights"? The fact that the "feel went away and wasn't noticeable" (when actually playing) is exactly what I would think should happen - your fingers/hand are acting as the fulcrum, and when you actually swing the racket and hit the shuttle, any shift in balance point (in this specific scenario) will be (almost) negligible.

Also don't forget that by switching the changeable "weights", you are also changing the overall heaviness of the racket. In this scenario (where you're changing the weight directly at the base of the racket), I'm not really sure how exactly it changes the overall effectiveness of the racket.

15. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Please check the photo of VH1700, VH1800 and T200 that I posted in this forum (PAGE 232). You will see that both VHs have the 'mp' frame at the top, however in VH1800 it is extended in both sides.

16. van de nan

planner

Muscle frame is like a wave design between the gromets hole..see this pic on the link

http://www.google.com.my/imglanding...tbm=isch&start=0#tbnid=nEIWWnzplN9jLM&start=4

17. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Sorry I still don't get it. What wave design? Is it a structural part of the frame, or just the paint covering it?

#4077 ssj100, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  18. van de nan

planner
    yes its a structural part..this explain it

http://www.yonex.com/badminton/technology/racquets.html

scroll down to find muscle power frame

19. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'm still struggling to see it on the pictures.

20. van de nan

planner
    if u got a friend using Yonex ti10 or mp..u can see it clearly