Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

Wht happened to Dato?The LCW I saw just now on the tv just lost to CL is totally out of his character. Dato made so many unforced mistakes n he appeared like a deflated tyre through out. Has he got an injury or just plain exhaustion fr playing matches after matches.

2. AirStyles

AirStyles Regular Member

Student
    Still recovering I hope

I don't find the Chong Wei in Denmark final the same Chong Wei I knew... He was so fast, powerful and confident earlier this year. Heck, there's a few shots missing from his play book!!! I didn't see a single around-the-head X-cross interception tap smash that he always does earlier this year.

I don't think he's recovered mentally from the lost yet... WC lost to Lin Dan

3. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

yeap LCW played without much confidence..looks like his mental is really broken and he is still recovering from it..question is how long does he wants to take to recover it? his mental needs lots of improvement..

4. victory

victory Regular Member

Yes LCW needs sometime to clear his mind. If you ask me, I rather him stay low for a while and peak in OG later. He has been getting into every final in any tournament he participated this year. Winning every title is too much to ask.

What LCW needs now is some room and some time. Normally when a player go through a slump he will explode again. Besides, I don't think LCW needs to show 100% of his capability whenever he meets a chinese player.

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Its OK, LCW have been maintaining his good form since January 2011, enter final in every tournament......and CL is currently on form, so its OK for LCW to lost, just like the God of Badminton, LD.........

Hope to see good matches from LCW in FO........

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    just like what lin dance did in 2008, lin dance kept losing to lcw and in 0g08 walloped lcw up like a durian pancake...

7. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    sad that Datuk lost tamely...but Datuk is human after all...
    hope he can console himself with a new car...as birthday gift

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    He didn't by any chance get an "encouraging" phone call from some high-ranked person before the match, did he?

9. laonong

laonong Regular Member

I do not think LD lost to LCW two times in a row before 2008 Olympic. He lost to LCW in Thomas cup and LYB warned that he would not be selected to Olympic

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I am a major fan of LCW... However, based on what I have seen in the past few months, I think his best days are behind him. I say so with complete sadness and I say so for the following reasons:

1. He now recognises that he will not be able to beat LIN Dan ever (in a big tournament which both LCW and LD care about, such as OG, WC, TC, SC, Asian Games).... He is devastated by recognising this fact alone.
    2. He knows for sure that he will not be able win a major tournaments ever... (OG, WC, TC, SC, Asian Games)... He never had and he never will...
    3. He is now mentally, psychologically and physically exhausted... He tried to win a major tournament for the past few years but failed. He couldn't even get one win. He had adopted the wrong approach by playing in too many tournaments since 2008.
    4. He lost Li Mao and Misbun and hasn't gained a better coach... He knows he will not get a world-class coach before London 2012.... BAM is in a mess and his teammates are no good.

It is a sad day in badminton.....

#6570 pcll99, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  11. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

LD's worst lost to LCW in 2008 was during the Thomas Cup SF. Prior to that they met once during the Swiss Open and LD won easily (Hong Kong Open 07, All England and Hong Kong Open 06 were all more convincing).

I think there's something wrong with your memory or that you don't bother to check the archives before making statements that you think will reach out to as crowd :p

12. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    LCW did his best, he still able to stood on the podium, even it was only a second place. Sadly, my dad said that's LCW is mentally weak when it comes to Chinese players, especially when that particular player beaten him before.

BAM shouldn't rely on LCW too much. They should send more players in each events. Let the other players get more experience for god sake. Next French Open, there are no MAS players in WS. Sad...

My dad still fuming about LCW lost :( He was still at it this morning during breakfast. He blamed MAS players slump on Ng Chin Chai. To quote my dear dad, "That Chin Chai cincai everything!"

#6572 Aikachan, Oct 23, 2011
  13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    But someone mentioned he saw both coach and player smiling during the intervals. Probably the call came very late.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes sad.. no MAS WS players in Paris from MAS.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Hey coach Forest, apa macham to LCW forehand smash tidak boleh lah:D

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I like your first paragraph.
    After several losses to LCW, CHN has experiennted and looks like find a way for CL to play LCW. Then looking at JO and now DO, seems like LCW is playing into CL style of play. I watched the first game before I left the house this morning. LCW was playing too cautiously I think, like he was afraid to make mistake. Now, LCW has 2 dragons to play in OLY12, surely he does not need the 3rd one (CJ) to contend with, he has to 'help' PG stay in the top 4. Almost certain, LCW would have CL in his half in OLY and potentially SF meeting.

17. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    I just hope LCW and the rest of the MAS squad just do their best French Open. I hope all of them remember that they play this sport because they love it (hopefully) and stop coming down to the court with only mental stress in their mind to win and to please ppl's expectations (even though its unavoidable).

18. victory

victory Regular Member

It is a sad day in badminton if LCW believes in anything you have said.:D

Firstly, All England is a major title. He beat LD to win the title.

Secondly, TC and SC are team event.

Thirdly, until the day that LCW quit badminton , you can not say he will not win any title in OG and AG.

Fourthly, you are not LCW. How can you tell LCW now recognize that he can not beat LD in OG and AG? Did LCW tell you? Or you know fortune telling?

Lastly, you must not feel sad. It doesnt help you. Positive thinking helps you in whatever you do. Cheers!

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Hey dude, your papa is one passionate, caring-about-malaysian-badminton fan. Tell him OTB said so:D. Also, tell your papa to enjoy his breakfsat, as OTB in Canada can only dream about the nasi lemak, chow kwai teoh...:crying:.
    Without LCW playing for MAS, a so-called badminton powerhouse with rich funding, and her players cannot even get past the QF or 1st round, that would be disaster for BAM and that is why BAM 'rely' or better word to use, bank all the bets on one LCW.
    With media focus on LCW and LCW continue to perform and enter final, that takes away the heat/spotlight on NCC and his gang. So, you see, BAM has to 'rely' on your DLCW so those fellas who know nothing much about badminton still have jobs and can continue to abuse the resources, and if luckly that LCW scores the elusive OLY12 gold, your papa would forget everything and NCC/kenny Goh may even get a datukship. Then the gang will happily retire with bonus, and whoever takes over BAM after LCW will see malaysian badminton sinking faster than a Titanic:crying:
    LCW used to be mentally weak playing Mr LD. But the gap is narrowing. It is like the KOR MD coaches have found the way to beat KKK/TBH even the KOR 3rd stringers can beat your golden boys, similarly CHN knows LCW is their stumbing block in OLY12 (this gold meant more to CHN than all these SS and what-nots), that CHN want as much as possible for CL and CJ, not LD, to play LCW. To have the priviledge for CL/CJ to play LCW, is an opportunity CHN cannot even buy. To experiment playing tactics, trial and error, and if CL/CJ lost badly, so what, it is just an SS which NCC and you guys care so much, but not to CHN. Now, CHN has found a way and CL is very focus and discipline to follow the script. You can bet if CL meets LCW in OLY, CL will follow the script religiously or he will be sent to Siberia;) DLCW has work to do, but there is still time.
    Now, let's get back to work, begin with 'let's help PG stay in the top 4, that is no. 1 priority'.

#6579 OneToughBirdie, Oct 23, 2011
  20. victory

victory Regular Member

You dad is like my dad!:D

There are many dads out there that do not know much about badminton and yet citicise everything and anything that dont please them.

LCW ought to think----Do I care?