Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    what is the difference between sw37 n mx80? im quite interested with mx80 when i saw my friend use it in training... does mx80 specs near to sw37 or bs09? thanx

2. visor

visor Regular Member

why would clears need to be forgiving in the first place? they are the easiest basic shot that one should be able to play, from baseline to baseline.

when we say forgiving, we mean for shots under pressure or requiring better techniques, eg. smash returns, backhand clears, drives, etc

3. vinzend

vinzend Regular Member

oh i didn't mean the clears were forgiving, but the racket is.
    sorry for the confusion :eek:

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yeah i understand what u said.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

MX80 is quite different from BS09 and SW37. It's much stiffer, and the BP is probably slightly below the SW37's. Very quick, very controlled, and very demanding - smashes require a high amount of effort and good technique. The most similar previous Victor racket is the BS10, but it's a tiny bit head heavier and noticeably softer.
    MX80 is awesome if you like to control the game from the front court in MD as it's so quick and so accurate, or if you play a controlled, accuracy-based MS game. Not so great if you rely on smashes as it's really stiff and not as head heavy as the SW35 (which was similar in stiffness).

#785 j4ckie, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Geez, my BS10 wasnt head-heavier or softer than my MX80.

Maybe I need a Euro spec one?

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Mine are very noticeably softer than the MX. But perhaps my higher tension helps in that regard - with lower tensions, I'm also hard-pressed to find a difference between similar rackets. When I tested the BS10 and 11, I could only tell that the 10 was quicker, the stiffness was not noticeable because the tension was so low...felt like somebody had changed the string for rubber.
    Anyhow, the higher the tension, the more you notice the differences of the rackets as the string feeling becomes clearer, harder, and you depend more on the racket to 'help' you a little :D

8. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    thanx for the info bro... at the moment im using bs09, sw37 & sw33c... all my rackets are almost having the same specs (either flexible / medium flex shaft with head heavy frame)... for ur info i prefer to control the game front the front court... i would like to try mx80 but im not willing to buy it now until i know whether it suits me or not (coz it costs around rm799 at my place, and it's a lot of money to be gamble... hehehe)...

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah yeah what a load of crap, Jackie. Tension has nothing to do with being able to sense a racket's characteristics. As long as the string and tension is the same between rackets you're testing, its easy to tell the difference between them.

Changing subjects quickly, :) does anyone know what racket Cheng Wen Xin from Chinese Taipei uses? It's a gold Victor with a black section at the top of the head. Can't for the life of me find it anywhere.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

@TheSmasherKing
    Well you mentioned a colleague playing with it, maybe he's willing to lend it to you for a couple hits? As long as it's not fast&furious doubles, there should be no risk of clashing rackets. Even then, as you're testing somebody else's racket, you can just be careful and not go for those channel shots if you see your partner's ready for them.

#790 j4ckie, Nov 25, 2011
  11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm for me, that's not true. If the tension is too low (i.e. way below what you're used to or below 23) the string will be so soft that you often can't tell much about the stiffness. Sorry, should have been clearer on that - of course you'll notice speed, head heaviness and anything about the handling. And seriously, dial it down a bit. It's not like I insulted you in any way, so I'd like you to extend me the same courtesy.

Just a few weeks ago, a friend had a load of rackets over for testing, and everybody testing them agreed - we couldn't tell any difference between them other than the handling. The strings were dead, so you couldn't tell much about stiffness/accuracy/power. Every shot felt just the same (regarding the feedback from the racket, not the swing feel!).

#791 j4ckie, Nov 25, 2011
  12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Lighten up, Francis. :)

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

14. visor

visor Regular Member

You mean Wen-Hsing Cheng ? No way you want to use her racket, have you seen the way she serves?! :eek: :p

I would be generous to say that she probably has the worst backhand short serve in the top 400 ranked players!

#794 visor, Nov 25, 2011
  15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I could serve better than her with a cricket stump, but that's not the point......lol

Hey, I'm contemplating going back to the Bravesword series as my go-to's for next season's competition. I already have the BS11 and really like it, so what I think I might do is get maybe a BS09 and BS10, and then whichever of the three I like the best in the pre-season I'll get a spare and that will be my go-to.

I've had the BS10 before and it was too stiff for me, but that was when I was a C grade level player and now I'm a B1, and after using the MX80 I reckon I can handle it. Does anyone know the BP of the TW or AUS coded versions??

The BS09 I really just want to get because it's the only BS I haven't had yet.

I tried the 12 but it was too headlight for me - I like a bit of weight in the head.

The 11 I like the combo of the weight in the head, and the medium stiffness is a real shoulder saver. The MX80 is giving me a sore shoulder at the moment so while I love it's crispiness, my shoulder doesn't. The downside is that torsionally it could be a little stiffer.

I'm also dumping ZM67 and VS850. I've given them both a fairly good shake now and I'm tired of them. My ZM67 even prestretched had dropped more than my BG80P and is now very spongy - even after only 3 weeks of play! So, what am I going to use? BG80. Let's face it - BG80 just works.

Comments? Criticisms? Trolls?

16. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    bs09 is a great choice :) what about sw37 and sw33c ? :)

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Havent had much luck with the Superwaves, but the 37 might be an option if I'm feeling like experimenting. Not sure that I am though. :)

18. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    main = BS10, BS11
    spare = BS09, BS12

:p

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

While the BS09 is more head heavy than the BS12, it's not by much. So if you want a medium stiff racket, the BS11 is probably gonna be a better choice for you.
    If you had no problems with the MX80, the BS10 will suit you well - I think it has a bit less feedback/vibration, and is a little softer, so maybe your shoulder will agree with that choice ;)
    Will probably come down to preference in the end, the 10&11 have very similar, if not the same BP, and the main difference is the stiffness. The BS10 is more suitable for controlled, accurate play, but can be quite powerful in the right hands. Personally, I prefer stiffer rackets in singles and softer rackets in doubles.
    Hope that helps :)

20. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    J4kie, what is your go-to racket? just wondering....:p on bs09, while it supposed to be balance, i feel it quite head heavier than BS12/BS10/BS11 with same 3U specs. and mx70 is feel lighter but head heavier than bs09, imho....