Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    BS10, slightly faster, much stiffer, better damped, less 'zingy'.

Haha true... but the 1 in taiwan website rated BS11 stiffness as more flexible...
    This doesn't make any sense to me when the Intl BS11 is at slightly stiff...
    Nowonder last time I try the BS11 in a shop that sells taiwan stock felt the BS11 so flexible... sigh...

295mm.

The latest 2011-12 model BS11 they dropped the stiffness down from the original. Don't ask me why. I still think it would play okay though, but you're right - I have held off buying another because it won't be the same as my old BS11.

From memory I think Chris AW in Singapore still has the old model if you want one. The downside of that is that the old model doesnt have clearcoat over the hologram decals and they flake off super easy.

2. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Someone selling off bs lyd in buy sell forum... Looks like bs15 and bs lyd not easy to tame :rolleyes:

3. ioxyg3n520

ioxyg3n520 Regular Member

Wait. I understand that you're saying that the BS11 Taiwan Version is more flexible than any of the other versions. But is what you are saying now is that the 2011-12 models are all as flexible as the Taiwan Version?

4. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    No idea what flex the latest EU or US ones are.

5. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    Hmm... look like BS10 is exactly what I am looking for...
    Almost same bp as my sw37(at 294)
    Im pretty sure BS10 is much quicker but wonder how bout the smash produced :rolleyes:

Aw Chris has the old version? Actually I dont really care bout the cosmetics but when I think of it... If it really comes off I can only sell it at lower value if I don't like it... plus I can't really try it out before buying as my location kinda far away from Aw Chris...

Edit: btw, still wanna see how BS LYD goes compared to BS10 and BS11. I really like the colour and design of BS15 out of all the BS range of racquets but came across some articles saying that ppl still prefer BS LYD (forgotten the source)

#1545 ikki9394, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Safe to say the BS10 is a LOT stiffer than the SW37.

7. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    Yeah thats why I was looking at BS11 initially but the stiffness of it is nothing diff from my sw37... thats why Im looking into bs10, ti-10 and BS LYD now :D

Although BS10 it is harder to wield, but speed and control is what I am seeking now heh! With the almost identical head heaviness and more aerodynamic frame, it should produce at least a smash at par with sw37 if I wield it correctly :p
    Oh just to make sure... is your BS10 3UG2? Btw... im still curious what grip and what string u used and strung at what lb?

8. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Is this the one in your ad or is this another spare?

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yep, still got it. Buyer pulled out so I'm a bit p!ssed-off, but it's still available.

Or if anyone has an MX60 or TSF300Ti Gold I'd be happy to trade :)

10. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Hrm......its a weird one. Honestly, I can only handle the BS10 on a good day. I find my BS11 (old spec) with slightly less stiffness just that little bit more usable and forgiving. You can't be lazy with the 10 :)

Why aren't you also considering the MX60? It's the same spec as the old BS11, and while it might be a tad 'metallic' feeling and a smidge slower, it's getting good reviews and is definitely on my radar.

Failing that.....can't complain about the BS10 really, If you can handle the stiffness, it certainly is a performance piece of kit.

FYI I string everything these days at 24lbs (23x24lbs to be exact) and use RKEP Ultimate replacement grips. My BS10 is 3UG2 TW spec, yeah.

11. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    MX60... hmm I dont think so... Im looking for something more speedy, control and stiffer. The mx60 seems very similar to my sw37 on my hand...

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The MX60 is probably quicker. The MX80 is rated head heavier than the SW37, yet the slightly more aerodynamic head and stiffer shaft make it much quicker. BS10 is much more demanding than the SW37, so I'd recommend the BS09 or 11 (09 being probably a bit softer and slightly heavier).
    I haven't played with the SW37, but I found the BS09 sufficiently controlled. If you hit everything too far, increase the tension - if you have trouble with the accuracy other than that (every shot going long/netshots going too high or far), it's technique rather than the racket that's at fault. A stiff racket will only sharpen up defence and add stability on quick movements (defence/drive/smash) at the cost of power.

13. Sen_jie

Sen_jie Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys, i have busted 2 of my panda racket and looking to move to victor, wonder if you guys can give me advise on which serie suits me best

i am looking at a racket which is
    Weight:85-86g
    BP: 287 to 290 range
    Flexibility: middle to mild stiff

(i do not mind old models) So is there any which fits my requirement?

14. visor

visor Regular Member

singles or doubles?

which panda rackets were you using before, t2, tpro etc?

oh, and btw welcome to victor, from one previous panda user to another... :D

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Hrm........

Bravesword 09, 12
    Superwaves 37

16. Sen_jie

Sen_jie Regular Member

Student
    Hi Visor glad to see your prompt reply.

over the weekend, my tpro handle came loose. and afew months ago my trinity 2 frame just crumple in when i had a huge smash. (previously no cracks etc). Then 2 days ago i busted my precision string. So i guess its a sign to ask me to move in to try other brands wahahaha

ANd now i am down with shoulder tonsilitis i am unable to use a heavy and stiff racket. Thus looking at something lighter but alittle weight on the head.

I am a double player. will say low intermediate player?

Any recommandation for me?

17. Sen_jie

Sen_jie Regular Member

Student
    Hi Maklike

yea i am actually looking at BW 09. But seems like quite hard to get my hands on one in Singapore. is it out of production already?

18. visor

visor Regular Member

"shoulder tonsilitis?!" that sounds serious! :p :)

i used to use t2's too... have now switched to mx80, mx70, and also rkep pro 9000 which is a recent excellent acquisition because you can choose your specs a la panda rackets

my recommendation? any of those 3 rackets! :) but mx80 may be too stiff for you,

so a 4u mx70 and the rkep in your prefered specs.

19. Sen_jie

Sen_jie Regular Member

Student
    Able to feed me with the specs of a 4U Mx70 as compared to a BS 09/12?

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I still think the Braveswords are better damped than the Meteors......but I'll let you know after I get my new MX60 :)

(Says the guy who also has an inflamed rotator cuff and is now fine after dumping his MX80)