Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. laonong

laonong Regular Member

It depends on both LD and CBA. If LD is still good in 2016 and no better young China players there's no reason CBA will ask him leave national team. CBA wants best results not depending on one person even he's LD. If LD performs like Taufik, he should leave the national team like BCL and leave the place for young players without waisting money.

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    To me, Lin Dan is like Messi of barcelona, has won so many title of champions league and fifa player of the year , he is unstoppable.

3. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Sometimes I feel sorry for his teammates and his opponents. It is quite unfortunate to have such a dominant player in their career. Peter Gade and TH might win more from 2002-2006 if LD career didn't cross with theirs. Over the last 5 years most of the major championships were battled between lee chong wei and Lin Dan and ended with Lin Dan as a winner. Without Lin Dan LCW could achieve more than TH. It is not easy to be his teammates too. Chen Hong retired prematurely because Lin Dan was a very consistent and outstanding at young age. BCL basically played under Lin Dan's shadow in his entire career. Chen Jin and Chen Long although are younger than LD, will likely to bear with him most of their career because Lin Dan badminton career is likely to be a long one. He know how to look after himself and stay away from serious injury. On the other hand, they may be lucky to have a chance to play with such a champion in their career.

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    xxf not gg to be happy reading this. ;)

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It doesnt always translate that the runners up would have won had the winner not been there.

Sometimes the pressure of being the best can be too great. LCW may not have been motivated enough to train harder had LD not been around.

PG has spanned 3 or more batches of chn MS players and come up second best to them all.....

TH has achieved a lot. I dont think he would have achieved more elsewhere, i think he achieved what he has wanted and is happy with that. Whenhe was impetuous and impatient before it was because he waned to win, now when he loses or misses a shot he seems not too concerned.

Most of the time it is easier to chase than to lead.

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

@jkkwongnz: i think lin dan's career also being crossed by TH dan LCW's. if there is no TH and LCW, LD may have won 2 asian games gold medal and last year's AE. hahaha.. joking :D

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Lin Dan should have won the Athens Olympics Games. But he screwed up because he won the All England in that year lol!

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Why are you guys still harping on the past. He lost because someone by the name of Ronald Susilo was a better player that day, not because of AE. There are no such thing as "should have". If there were, so and so would have won this or that. Facts are facts. Accept reality. Move on folks.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thanks for the revealing fact. Ronald brought credit to Singapore for sensationally disposing LD during that memorable Olympic outing.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i once watched LD's interview aproaching OG 2008 beijing, there he talked about his dream to gain gold in beijing, along with xxf. too bad, xxf didn't make it in the end. he also talked about his failure in OG 2004 Athens. as much as i still respect and give credit to Ronald Susilo on that match, LD revealed that when he entered the athens OG, he kinda loosing his mind. he first think that he and xxf can go together to OG, but LYB didn't include xxf in the line-up. he feel desperate on that, and can't fully concentrated from the 1st match. hehe.. don't know if that can be the reason (beside RS played well, of course) instead of AE jinx. :D

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

nice opinion. but i myself would prefer to compare him with mario balotelli of manchester city. pretty much like mario, lin dan also is a bad boy, bad temper, sometimes bad manner (i just know the incident happened in KO 2008, that's why i would compare him to the bad boys :p), full of controversies (with all his retirement and WO cases), expressive, arogant, and 'explossive'. but also like mario balotelli, his talent is unargueably (is it the right words to tell that his talent is great?) and his achievement is great (i think this is his difference from mario ;)). afterall, they even share almost similar nicknames, 'super dan' and 'super mario'. haha.. :D

conclusion, for me, LD is an unique player, with pretty balanced good side and bad side. he maybe is (or was? because i think KO 2008 is the last time he exploded so badly :p) bad boy, but at the same time, he also has his talent and achievement cover him. a player to be admired and to be hated. ;)

afterall, just my personal opinion. sorry if all of you not agree with that. :)

12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    aw.... so romantic. he could have killed lyb if he had that KO temper. lol. ;)

13. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    If LD was anything like Balotelli, he would of tried to kill LYB for not sending XXF! This is the same Balotelli who throws darts at youth teams, plays with fireworks in his room, and fight with his own teammates to take penalty kicks.

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

aw, so lin dan is a little better than super mario? glad to know that he is not that bad. :D

15. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Yes, exactly like LD is a little better than you in badminton. :rolleyes:

16. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

ah, badminton wise, i'm sure he is so much better than me. i don't even know play badminton. hehe..

btw, hard core fan of LD, @v1lau?? :)

17. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Lin Dan and all the badminton fans will be so boring if there were no LCW, TH and Peter Gade over the last 10 years.

18. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Im a hardcore Balotelli fan, nobody can compare to his crazy. 360 miss penalty kick FTW!

19. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    The dominance Lin Dan has in Badminton is as much as Messi in football, Michael Jordan in basketball, michael Schumacher in car racing and Roger Federer in Tennis. I don't think Lin Dan is a bad boy. He might lost temper but he dedicated to his training. He is excellent team member and carried out all the order from the big boss at the expense of his own glory. All the achievement he had cannot be done just because he is very talented. All the hardwork, dedication, outstanding training program by chinese team were counted.

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

then i think i should assumed that KO 2008 incident was an 'accident', a moment that he can't controlled his temper and emotions, and 'exploded'. hope incident like that won't happen again, it can't be good to his reputation, and i don't want that to happen. :)

btw, can someone tell me how did BWF finished the incident? did LD get some punishment? i can't find about this in the subforum of KO 2008. thanks.