Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No arguments there, but the woven carbon is more expensive and thus a higher price is justified. Although the difference is too big imop.
    The woven rackets I have played with so far do indeed have better control than 'normal' rackets, but that were top models and the MX80 is incredibly stiff as well, so that might be why. The woven rackets by Fleet are said to be mediocre at best, so woven carbon is not a guarantee for a great racket....
    Anyhow, the Braveswords are nice rackets. They're not super tough, but as they're very thin, that's okay - they're still way ahead of the Z-Slash :D

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The Bravesword series is still one of my all-time faves. They could make them out of bamboo in Bangladesh for all I care.

3. edisonlo

edisonlo New Member

pupil
    Victor VS-650 is a good string

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    but not durable.

5. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    i do
    660ti way much better in all aspect, medium soft feel, repulsion on par with bg66 if not better, a little bit slippery due to titanium coating

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Personally I think the Braveswords are some of the best racquets ever made. I loved BS10 before it was withdrawn in UK.

I am looking forward to testing BSLYD when it is available in UK again.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. xianxun

xianxun Regular Member

may i know what tension do you string it at???

8. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Hopefully I'll have a set of VS880 to test very soon. I thought the string would be launched in 2012 but for some reason there is no mention in the 2012 catalogue. Victor Europe do not have the string yet so this makes me wonder whether there is a problem, or is it that the Jorean players like VS850 so much they do not wish to test the VS880?

Very confusing .

Paul

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Each distributor seems to be pretty independent, so it's really up to each country what they bring in. For example, the latest Korean team wear is available from Victor China, but not Victor Taiwan. I would think these items would be big sellers, so why make the decision not to sell them is frankly crazy in my mind.

10. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

Hi guys,

been trying to choose a Victor BS. I've narrowed down my selection between BS12, BS11, and BS09.
    I'll greatly appreciate your recommendation.

Some additional notes below:

1. Current racket: Arc 7. I find this fast but a bit lacking in the power dept.
    2. Used to have: SW35 - too head heavy, too stiff
    3. have tried Ti-10 - i find this nice and powerful but I want a faster racket without sacrificing any power.
    4. have tried Arc8dx - too stiff for me. Shoulder got stiff in 20 minutes of play.

what I'm looking for:

A racket a bit more stiffer compared to the Arc 7 but not as stiff as Arc10/Ti-10.
    A racket a bit more head heavy compared to the Arc 7 but not as head heavy as SW35.

Thanks a lot.

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Ironically what you're describing is the old spec BS11, but from what you say the BS09 might be a good start.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I guess the BS11 would be the best for you - the BS12 and 09 are very very similar, with the 12 being the least head heavy of the three. The BS09 is kinda similar to the Arc7, but a bit faster, which may translate into more power if used correctly. I'm not sure about the head heaviness. The BS11 is a tad head heavier and a bit stiffer, and probably the most powerful of the three for most of us. As I've only tested it before I got my BS10, I can't be sure, but I think it should be a bit faster (at least on overhead shots) than the Arc7 while being more head heavy and powerful. Stiffness should be a bit higher than the Arc7.

I find that the aerodynamic profile is most noticeable on overhead shots, where you have a big and fast motion. On defense, it's not nearly as significant, so the BP plays a major part in determining the speed there. The Braveswords are all very quick though, in every department, so you'd probably be best off with the most powerful if that's where the Arc7 is lacking.

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: Have you considered the BS LYD? I have yet to test it, but the specs seem promising. Should be much more powerful than the Arc7 if your technique is sufficient :)

#1652 j4ckie, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I thought about recommending the BSLYD, but I think it would be too stiff coming off an Arc7.Of course there's always the MX60 :)

14. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

agreed. a bit too stiff for me.

15. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    One of the reasons for some of the countries not offering particular goods such as shirts is that Victor China set minimum quantities per order. Perhaps these minimums are considered too high on certain items and therefore a decision is taken not to order.

Another issue here is the regularity in which the players have new kit. Therefore different kits are available for Thomas/Uber Cup, Asian Games etc and this means the turnover for this kit has to be fast.

The other element here is the cost of the shirt. Players clothing tends to cost far more than standard shirts etc. This means fewer sales for retailers as it's tougher to sell a shirt at say £40 than £20.

No doubt there are other issues too but I would guess these play a major part in the decision making process.

Paul

16. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

The BS-LYD is a nice racquet. I have a blast when I play with it. Sadly, the guy I ordered it from sent me a 4U instead of the 3U so there's a bit of a power issue for me. I'd send it back but it's not my main racquet and it may be suitable for my mixed partner.

I don't find it to be that still of a racquet but, that may be due to the fact that I'm too distracted by how fast the thing is to really notice any stiffness issues.

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Badminton shirts are cheaper than t-shirts (28-35 bucks for a sports shirt is ridiculously cheap), so I'd say it's just a matter of the market for them being too small.

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I'll have it :D

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

You got all the shirts already?;)
    [video=youtube;wUW5WjnWEzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUW5WjnWEzI[/video]

20. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    crickey his racket tension sounds about 30lbs?!!