What chillies can do for you

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by taneepak, Oct 8, 2004.

1. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Bromelain is super for sports. When people get hurt or overtrain after playing a sport, like Badminton or Boxer, they will recover much quicker if they take Bromelain. According to control experiments(take Bromelain vs placebo), people will recover around 50% faster.
    I have prescribed Bromelain Pills to a lot of people with Joint problems, after sport sore etc.

Actually, a famous over-the-counter Cold drugs "Contact 500" by Beechem has incorporated Bromelain into the formular in Japan.

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You can actually test the anti-inflammation power of bromelain by rubbing your fingers together with pineapple, and lo and behold your fingerprints will disappear! Unfortunately, bromelain comes in varying quality whereas papain is consistent in quality, the latter works for me better than the former.

3. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Alfonso mangoes, super:D !!! I took a lot from "Chung Tin Fresh Friut" in Wellington Street.

4. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    I used and have bought over 100 bottles on "Source Natural" "Jarrow Formulas" and "Now" Bromelain. Never have problem with quality and effectiveness. These are GMP companies. "Source Natural" has 2000GDU/Gram.

What Brand name do you use and what GDU/gram?

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Both bromelain and papain are available at the local Watsons and also Mannings, but at high prices. Almost all drug stores in HK carry papain, and some carry bromelain, at very cheap prices of about HK$0.50/tablet. I found out about papain from an orthopedic surgeon, but his charges are too high. :D

6. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    The best place to buy the best quality is from "iherb.com". Most of the stuff selling there are GMP. Cheap shipping. Fast shippment and the best Brands available in this world. The price including shipping charge is only 1/4 or 1/5 of HK.

I use HK$ a few thousand a month to buy these because to help elder people to buy.

Check it out:"iherb.com"

7. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    If you don't take yogurt, take yogurt pills. In the past most of the acidophilus must be stored in a cool place. It's very advanced now. The newly developed one are "room temperature stable".

My friend have seen a documentary on bacteria, yeasts etc which caused illness in human beings. The scientist explain that: our body has a lot of different micro creatures living. These bio-organism will try to 'colonize', if successful, we'll be ill.

The mechanism of yogurt and acidophilus is:
    1 Acidophilus colonize in our body and occupy a lot of space such that there's not enough space for the new coming bacteria/yeast to stay and colonize.

2 Acidophilus are friendly to our body but "harsh" to other bacteria/yeast.

3 If we keep on replenishing acidophilus, less bacteria/yeast will be successful in growing into a large enough size to get us ill. Our immune system can be spared to do something.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

If the taste of Yogurt is not to your liking, there are other ways to enjoy eating it. Some examples:
    1. Marinade your meat, chicken or seafood with yogurt, and then grill or fry them. It will make the food more juicy and tasty.
    2. Make a yogurt drink, called "Larsy", a mixture of yogurt, a pinch of salt, and water, and use this as the only food to help you get back to normal after a bout of diarrhea. Better than taking carbon, Lomotil, or other diarrhea drugs. Larsy is also a great sports drink after a game of badminton.
    3. Use yogurt in place of vinegar salad dressing or as a dip for fishfood.
    4. Use yogurt as a food thickener or souring agent. :D

9. Jaguar

Jaguar Regular Member

A friend just gave me a bottle of hot sauce from Mexico, they're made of
    Habanero chillies, really hot. I can only eat a little bit at a time, have you
    tried these chillies?

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, I haven't tried it. But if it is a sauce, its bite has already been greatly attenuated. The original Habanero chillies, freshly plucked, would be at their full potency. When bottled as a sauce, I am sure it will be much milder.

11. Jaguar

Jaguar Regular Member

Yes, it is milder. I was in Paris sometime ago and a friend took me to an
    African restaurant (Cameroon), that was the first time I tried, freshly ground, too hot for me. They look like a little lantern, pretty cute but...deadly.:crying:

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Here is what chlli can do:p

Thai chilli triggers chemical alert in London Wed Oct 3, 6:36 AM ET

A Thai chef cooked up fears of a chemical attack in London when fumes from his eye-wateringly hot chilli sauce led to the emergency services being called out, the Times reported Wednesday.

Chalemchai Tangjariyapoon, who works at the Thai Cottage restaurant in the Soho entertainment district, was dry-frying bird's eye chillies as he prepared a huge batch of nam prik pao, an extra-hot dip served with prawn crackers.

The smoke from the kitchen drifted out in the street, creating an acrid cloud which sent shoppers spluttering for cover and prompted police to seal off several streets and evacuate homes and businesses.

The scare comes with Britain facing a severe threat of terrorist attack, according to security service MI5, and following foiled car bombings in London and Glasgow in June.

Restaurant staff, who are used to the pungent aroma, were baffled when firefighters broke down their door Monday evening.

"I can understand why people who weren't Thai would not know what it was," the chef told the paper.

"But it doesn't smell like chemicals. I'm a bit confused."

Waitress Supranee Yodmuang added that she and other staff were led out of the restaurant by firefighters and had to wait in the street for three hours.

"They said there was a chemical smell and I remember saying to someone that maybe the smell was the chillies, but then we said that that was not possible," she said.

"The restaurant has been here for 17 years and this has never happened before."

The chef was cooking about nine pounds (four kilograms) of dried chillies at the time.

To make the sauce, he would have added them to four and a half pounds of garlic flakes, two pounds of dried shrimp, six and a half pounds of palm sugar, two and a half pounds of shrimp paste, two pounds of tamarind and nine pints of vegetable oil.

A spokesman for London's Metropolitan Police confirmed the area had been closed off for several hours while they discovered the source of the smoke, while the ambulance service sent a hazardous area response team to the scene, the Times said.