Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

and the only thing i don't like about big match in 1st round is my tv have no cover yet for the earlier days of tournament. :D

2. yeo_melaka

yeo_melaka Regular Member

Wonder will we be able to see LD be an Army General 20-30yrs down the road? Curious. Same with JJS.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good news for Lin Dan's fans. He revealed he will be resuming competition next March and should be taking part in the All-England, hurray! http://sports.qq.com/a/20121222/000437.htm

And he will play Peter Gade's Last Match on 27th Dec and take it seriously, cheers.

He admitted after yesterday's match which he won at the China National Team event that he hasn't touched a racquet for three weeks and said the last 3 - 4 months break post-Olympics is the period he enjoys badminton the most without much pressure.

Talking about PG, Lin Dan expressed admiration for him, envying his physique and the process of being able to play until age 36 becoming an evergreen. He added that he hoped to play as long as possible, for he realised over so many years his love for the sport of badminton has not diminished. He remarked he could accept being defeated by his opponents or younger players but will not give up, taking Peter as an example to learn from him. That's Lin Dan for you.

#3623 Justin L, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes,he answered it with a flying racket and yellow card yesterday.

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

what happen?

6. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for sharing, Justin L! Yay, LD @ All England. Lets hope LCW and LD won't have any injuries and let them have in the finals :D
    Yeah I know, a lot of expectations :D

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    not sure
    read it about their national championship

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

owh. hope somebody can give us some enlightment on this problem. :D

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Below is my humble interpretation of extracts from the Chinese article http://sports.qq.com/a/20121223/000496.htm

Once again Lin Dan re-affirmed he's resuming international competition in March next year starting with the All-England. The day after tomorrow at 1 am Beijing time, he will board a mid-night flight bound for Copenhagen to play Peter Gade's Last Match. Originally Xie Xingfang thought of travelling with him but is held back by her studies at Beijing University, so Lin Dan has to go alone to bid his highly-esteemed senior farewell. (Hmm, when are the couple going for their honeymoon then).

These past four months have been to him a delightful period, not just enjoying badminton without pressure, but more,as his parents have moved to Beijing, for being able to deepen and enjoy family bonds. What's more he gets to go home and savour his mum's cooking every day.

He said in the past before the London Olympics he never dared to let his parents watch him at competition out of lingering fear but from now on he is going to let them accompany or support him especially at important matches. That's because in future he wants to integrate his (family) life with badminton.

About his family life,Lin Dan felt bad that he seldom help out at the chores. When he happens to be alone at home,he would just prepare instant noodles. Though his wife Xie Xingfang is a good cook, he can't bear to let her enter the kitchen as she has to juggle between her master degree studies and work. Now that he gets to enjoy his mother's cooking daily, and his in-laws would occasionally drop in to look after the young couple, Lin Dan's home is like many big family,simple and blissful.

Having sent their pet dog, Xin Ba, to his uncle's place, the newly weds are planning to start a family for which he expressed no preference for a boy or girl as long as the child is healthy. He's made it clear that should be become a father, he would definitely put his family first for whether the national team needs him or not,his family will always need him. Lin Dan said he and Xingfang have come to realise that marriage is more than just the two of them but their respective families as well, so he hopes to work even harder for the entire family.

On The Four Heavenly Kings, he regrets that their era is nearing the end with Peter Gade's and Taufik Hidayat's impending retirement and Lee CW making plans only for two years before deciding whether to carry on. It is precisely this that made him believe badminton requires new stars to bring forth another era of growth be they from whatever nation to generate more interest in the sport. We can liken Lin Dan to the swordsman Dugu Qiubai in one of Louis Cha's famous martial arts novels where the hero felt all alone by himself at the top.

While he will be able to participate in next year's All-England championship, his qualification to the world championship in Aug 2013 is still in doubt. But he is not too worried, saying since the BWF rules and regulations are not set by him there is nothing he can do about it but to abide by the requirements to garner enough points to qualify if he wants to take part.

After returning from the London Olympics,he has begun to show more concern for the development of badminton as a sport which he felt hasn't acquired an especially high status internationally despite having a wide fan base and the whole of Asia producing so many champions. He hoped everyone would earnestly reflect on it whether as players, coaches or officials.

As for whether he can play and win in the world championship or the Olympics four years later, Lin Dan says that is only a game he plays with himself but how badminton will develop in the future is actually what everybody should strive to do together.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nothing significant. Lin Dan in the rubber set of the match at the National Team Championship threw his racquet in a moment of frustration and was awarded a yellow card by the umpire.

Note:this post is in response to bad fan's query, post #3629

#3630 Justin L, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

throw his racket to who? another Li Mao incident?

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just frustrated with himself for missing a shot due to lack of practice,not with anybody. Not worth mentioning, you should be able to guess some people's real intentions whose posts I hardly bother to address.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If you're still interested, this is exactly what happened according to the report:
    奥运[FONT=&amp]冠军林丹领衔的八一队首轮迎战湖北队。林丹在八一队输掉前两场的情况下登场亮相,他的对手是湖北队的90后小将陈跃坤,首局林丹在19平后把握住关键分以21-19拔得头筹,第二局双方开局战成3平,随后林丹在一个回球出界后,没能控制住情绪,将球拍狠狠摔在地上,遭到了裁判黄牌警告,这一局林丹以19-21失利。决胜局,林丹没有再给对手机会,最终将比分定格在21-11,从而以局分2-1击败陈跃坤。

Olympic champion Lin Dan led Bayi team in their opening tie against Hubei team.In a situation where Bayi has lost two earlier matches, Lin Dan made his appearance.His opponent was the post-90s young (literally 'young general') Chen Yuekun.In the first set, Lin Dan at 19-all seized the crucial points to take the lead 21-19.In game 2,both sides opened the battle to 3-all.Soon after, Lin Dan hit a return shot out (long or wide not stated),and unable to control his emotion,flung his racquet to the floor.The umpire issued him a yellow card warning.This set, Lin Dan lost 19-21.In the decider,Lin Dan didn't give his opponent anymore chances and finally settled the score at 21-11,thereby defeating Chen Yuekun 2-1 in the match.

(Feel free to correct or improve upon my translation for which I'd appreciate; actually doing a free interpretation using my own words would be much easier).[Earlier , I wrote 'missing a shot' when I meant mis-hitting it].[/FONT]

#3633 Justin L, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Justin, thanks for the details. :)

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Lin Dan arrived yesterday in Copenhagen ready for the Copenhagen Masters against Peter Gade :)

16. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    LD's silver lining training

Many do not know that one of LD's advantage is getting to spar with his coach, Xia Xuanze, one on one. Rashid and TSB spars only half-court with LCW. Xia Xuanze is still fit to challenge LD mind you. Xia is one of the best cross-court players. In fact his cross-court net to net is most identical to Zhao's. Which is why you see LD is very adapt to identifying LCW's sharp cross-courts. Xia is also a steady player and not temperamental. I think he is the only coach who can spar one on one with LD. Well maybe Saina spars one on one with her coach. Aside from having Tang Xinhu, having Xia is LD's huge sparring advantage with Xia having tremendous wrist skills that brought him the 2003 World Championship.

17. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    and had dinner at peter's home i believe...pics on gade facebook site

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  19. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

finally, he made it! just hope he won't drink too much cold water. :D

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator