Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Indeed. Lin should appreciate this honour.

And thanks for sharing the video.

2. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Dare to lose

I watched the video. I could see Lin Dan is in a bit awkward situation. He played with Peter gade who he has great respect in front of peter gade fans in Demark. In one of his interview, he said that he didn't know how good he should play this game. I can understand his situation.

Lin Dan is rusty for the match but from what I watched (especially the first game) he is still able to take the match by winning the third game. There was a lot of unforced errors epecially in the beginning and the end of the match. Most importantly Lin Dan chose to play at Peter's speed and gave Peter chance to display skills.

Most people fight for win regardless but Lin Dan put things in a big picture. It was the last match for Peter Gade. Peter certainly prepared well for the match and even brought Danish coach with him. He certainly want to win his last match for his fans. If Lin Dan win the game, he didn't get anything (no title, no price) but hurt many people's heart include peter's. If he lose the game, he win many people's heart include Peter's.

He is the true champion who dare to lose to fulfil other people's dream. He did this many times for Chen Jin to drag Chen Jin into top 4 in olympics qualifications in both 2008 and 2012) at the expense of Peter Gade. As a result, Peter had to play with gold medal contenders at quarter final in both Olympics (Lin Dan 2008 and Chen Long 2012). I think it is perfect chance for Lin Dan to pay back.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the Peter Gade's Farewell Match, the Lin Dan post-match interview wasn't clear on TV or in the video posted here. Luckily, there was this Chinese article that reported on it except that,I think, the reporter mentioned in the article refers to the Chinese interpreter, not the Danish interviewer, so I'm not very sure how accurately the interpreter translated the questions to Lin Dan. Nevertheless,here it is translated as best I can (feel free to help me improve on it): http://sports.qq.com/a/20121228/000190.htm

Lin Dan : Matches With Peter Gade Are Precious Memories , He influenced Me a Lot

Reporter: Lin Dan, what's your feeling about this match?
    Lin Dan: Actually my feeling is rather complicated, because I don't know how I should play in this great player's farewell match. So I hoped both of us enjoy this match very much.

Reporter: Will you miss all those important matches with him?
    Lin Dan: Certainly, from the start of my career, the first match with him to the last one, I will remember every one of them. To me,they are precious memories.

Reporter: To you,what does Peter Gade mean to badminton?
    Lin Dan: To be honest,from young I like only two players, one is Peter Gade,the other is China's Sun Jun. I think he (Gade) influenced me a lot and also made me enthusiastic about the sport, that's why I've no doubt he is Europe's greatest badminton player.

Reporter: Last question,do you like Denmark?
    Reporter: Sure, the people here are very friendly; moreover, they love badminton. So I hope next year I can still take part in the Denmark Open;of course, I wish to bring my family along.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    I wish to bring my family along. ---> Did he meant keeping in mind his junior(future son/daughter) as well???? :confused:;):D

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Lin Dan pays tribute to Peter Gade

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/12/31/lin-dan-pays-tribute-to-peter-gade/
    [/h]EXCERPTS:

In a special video message to Gade, Lin Dan said: “It has been an absolute honour for me to take part in Peter Gade’s farewell match and ceremony today. (Despite) so many outstanding players in our discipline, he had chosen me to play against him in his farewell match and it is such a privilege. So it is over – Peter Gade has officially bid farewell to his illustrious badminton career. I hope he finds his brand new beginning and it is my heartfelt wish that he will go from strength to strength. No matter what he does, I hope he finds enjoyment. It can only be so important that he and his family taste bliss and happiness. As for me, I’ll always fondly remember the days we shared the same stage in this sport.”

For his part, Gade sent a thank-you note to all his fans on his Facebook page: “Hey Guys, thank you all so much for a wonderful way to end my career… I am deeply honoured by the way things happened and went yesterday… I didn’t know what to expect coming into this evening… but I enjoyed every moment. Of course it’s a bit strange right now… but I feel good. Thank you all so much for your support here and at the Falconer-Salen last night. I will never forget this evening… now it’s about celebrating with good friends, great food and wine.

6. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
  7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

8. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
  9. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

It's so nice to see that LD is higher than Lionel Messi :p

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If LD is shorter than messi, XXF is higher than him. Which will be awkward i think ..:D

11. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Then, I must say "unlucky" to LD or XXF ? :D

But, my own opinion it seems XXF is taller 1 or 2 cm than LD.
    Yeah, it's not problem at all.. :D

12. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Wahahahahaa ... it all depends on what they are doing and playing lah .... :p

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

One uses left hand to play badminton, one uses his left leg to kick n dribble the ball

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

are they must taking photos in front of 'Sale' section? :D

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Them's those magic super-power Tuxedos in the background.... ;)

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Sale is a very famous designer in Italy.

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Really? Ooops, my bad. sorry Mr. Sale.

18. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
  19. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

Looks like he will come back in germany at the end of feb

20. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

where did you hear that? I read on Badzine that he will not come back until after the All England