Yonex Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clawhammers, Dec 16, 2012.

1. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Yes, there will be a Arc11 TH Edition later in the year.

2. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I have tried both Arc11 & ArcFB. So writing a brief review hopefully it helps everyone when choose for the racket.

ArcFB - It is light(I meant it is very light), compare to NR800, it is not that fast, just not sure why, overall I tried with this racket, it feels like I need a lot of muscle power to drive or smash, most of the shuttle can reach back court but just not consistent(Too new to this racket? I doubt so). For my opinion, I think need a good muscle power or wrist power to handle this racket, it is not my style but it is probably yours. I foresee people with good power will definitely get the benefits from this racket.

Arc11 - No doubt, it is really king of control, Shaft is steady and stiff, so with the best bg66um gives the best combination of controlling. It is very similar to Arc10 but probably an enhanced version. I think the Arc11 best value is the racket itself is a balance racket, so that can be used by anyone even casual player like me, I seriously loved this racket but still quite new, so probably will provide other review some next time. With so far, I start to love this racket and feel it is greats. With balance weight, good control so I guess most of the people will like it, and to me it is slightly head heavy too, so in term of smashing speed is not too bad.

Also hopefully someone can share their reviews too. :)

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I also got to try the Arc11 and ArcFB tonight for about 2 hours combined.

Here's my short review for the Arc11, strung with ZM70 @ 23x25 lbs.

This racket is exactly as advertised, an enhanced version of the popular Arc10. I've never been a fan of the ArcSaber series, mainly because I could never get the power I wanted out of them and because I somehow find them hard to get used to and get the advertised precision.

This racket did fix the first issue though, its power is really impressive compared to its predecessor (and the whole line really). Clears were not as effortless as I'm used to, but smash power was really what surprised me. It's not as powerful as the VT-ZF (of course), but I would say it's not too far from it.

The sound produced by this racket while smashing is also very nice. I'd get a "BOOM" everytime I'd smash, which is really fun and makes me just want to smash again!

It is also very repulsive, loved to drive with this racket, but not nearly as much as with the ArcFB. Playing fast games is definitely fun with this racket.

Defense was really easy, as expected. The racket's balance is just at the right place to offer enough power without sacrificing defense.

Overall, I'm going to say the words that you'll read in every review of this racket I think: The ArcSaber 11 is an improved version of the ArcSaber 10, leaving the same feeling everywhere but generating more power. Unfortunately, I am not the type of player for whom this racket is ideal, so I could not get the most out of it, mainly with the control that it should have and that I did not find.

My ratings:

Power: 8/10
    Repulsion: 8.5/10
    Control: 7/10
    Defense: 8.5/10

Overall: 8/10

5. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Yan, I was surprise you gave 7/10 on control. :). Just doing an survey, any reason could probably share with us?

6. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

This is the main reason:
    Hehe. I've never really liked the ArcSaber line, it seems like I can never play well with them, my shots are just always out or awfully placed. This racket was better than the other ArcSaber I've tried though (aside maybe from the Z Slash, and of course the Flash Boost). I think that someone who likes the Arc10 would probably rate it 9-9.5/10 for control.

I think I just need more time to get used to this racket and it'll be much better. But for this play session, this is how it felt :\

7. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
  8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Thumb up. :)

9. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

Sorry for slow reply, had exams. Not sure if it's still relevant. No string, with grip. I remember for sure the FB worked out to about 200 SGD and the 11 about 215 SGD. But I have to add, I very regular at Honly, 1 week at least once.

10. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

Jalan Sutera...big racket on top of the shop, can't miss. Off topic, I bought my Mizuno Wave Lightning RX 2 there last week at 288RM :)

I by chance passed queensway 1 day after my original post and checked out chau beng and a few of the shops, lowest I've seen FB in SG is also around 220.

I don't recall seeing Gosen's, but probably because I never really looked out for them anyway, no harm asking the boss. I am going next week in the afternoon to get my rackets strung, drop me a PM if you need help getting there.

#210 kvyra, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  11. AZbadman

AZbadman Regular Member

Sales and Marketing
    I got a couple ArcSaber 11 demos in and played with them now for one week. I find the 3U a little heavy. Otherwise, it's a very similar to the ArcSaber 10. Stiff shaft, good power. 9/10. I strung it with BG80 at 24 mains and 26 cross. Control is 9/10...good racquet for dropshots from the back and great at the net also. I would highly recommend this racquet if you like even balance racquets. Repulsion is incredible with this new SONIC METAL.

12. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Do you know why the bp is? By heavy do you mean a little heavier than the arc10?

13. Meester Chris

Meester Chris New Member

Can't wait to try out my new Arcsaber11. Strung with bg66 Maxima at 25lbs....added the yonex continuous grommets to add more weight for the head and add protection to shaft...very excited. Will post my overall review right after.

14. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    601393_10151495170088217_315768283_n.jpg 306161_10151495171748217_1996472955_n.jpg 399422_10151495175158217_334158747_n.jpg

Attached Files:

15. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

@WCR_999 can you compare the stiffness between the Arc11 and MXJJS?

Judging by the pictures looks like the MX got a more sharper frame than the yonexes.

16. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Makkein: In terms of Stiffness Arc11 a tiny bit stiffer than MX JJS. Not too much,,,but enough to be felt. The rest, i'm yet to know. Just purchased the Arc11 yesterday. Will whip it in 14 hours time. Can't wait. The racket has a very similar feel as compared to the Arc10.

17. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Had it in my hand at the Yonex German Open semi finals day. It actually felt quite light, lighter then the Arcsaber 10 in my opinion. Didn't check it out too much, but definitely felt like a well balanced racket.

18. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Wow...for some reason, my defense with the ArcSaber11 as compared to Voltric80 and MxJJS is much much better. After my first session with the racket(a session that I wasn't exactly in any sort of good form + a stiff neck prior to the session),,,,,... i'll go as far as rating the ArcSaber11 a

10 for control
    9 for defense
    8 for smashing
    9 for drives
    drop shots and net play were very very easy to execute. much easier than my other 2. The racket performed way better than my expectations. 80% same feel as compared to Arcsaber10. 20% better in end product. Maybe its too early to say...but I never had such a good feel about a racket in a long long time. Hats of to Yonex for producing yet another absolute winner. The performance of the racket made me forget about my stiff neck for awhile. Dayummm!

19. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Finally Arc11 has arrived. :)

Strung one with BG80Power, my rating for this racket will be:

9 for control
    7 for attack
    9 for defense

Perfect net shot and drop, smash is normal, not too powerful so I give little lower rating on attack. :)

64135_316826428440097_902010136_n.jpg

20. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you want to improve the 'attack' part, get rid of that crappy BG80P. :D