Victor New Thruster... TK9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cedricjy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Tempted with vs850 for mine.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Don't - the new one is terrible unless it comes off a reel.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Uh oh... Was just about to order some packs. How's it worse other than occasional durability concerns? Feel, power, tension loss?

4. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I've got a few rest rings left on my reel. I may need to go a bit over the max with 800 to get consistency. Which is why 850 is talking to me.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

It's started breaking during stringing. Something's going wrong with the coating, I think. I don't touch it any more, not at 30/31.

I had a reel of white not too long ago and, weirdly, I had a dozen 30/32 jobs out of that with no problems whatsoever.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm... How about those few that didn't break...how was the feel, power, etc?

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Just send them to some mug instead? :) actually I had a yellow snap at 26lb during stringing. I think that was from a packet.

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I haven't had any issues with VS850 white. Only came across three examples of the green snapping after stringing

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The packet yellows do seem to be the problem.

Before the tension fell through the floor, you mean? Absolutely fine:).

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Is there any review on TK9000 Optimus Prime? Is it 99% the same as normal TK9000, or perhaps there's an extra power comes from the Autobots? Just a dumb question here, can it really transform into Optimus Prime miniatur? :)

11. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    No. It can't transform

#531 Shinichi, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  12. Legitmeister

Legitmeister Regular Member

Product Designer
    Optimus Prime has extra "Thrusters" so it will definitely have an extra boost/kick to it :p

13. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

I believe it can...with...just...a little bit ...imagination ;p

14. Legitmeister

Product Designer
    I've tested the 3U today and it's great! The only complain I have that it's a tad slow, will the 4U version resolve this problem yet retain the same Beastly power? The store demo-ing does not have 4U for demo at the moment but will over the next few weeks

15. WOWSmasher

WOWSmasher Regular Member

n/a
    Was the basis for the design and technology of the Victor Optimus Prime limited edition (TK TF4 F) racket the same as the TK9000? :) or in other words TK TF4 F is also a TK9000 but with different paint job?

16. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I would imagine it's based on the TK9000 since they're both new. The only other racket Optimus Prime edition would be based on is the TK6000, which some say is also a great racket so either way according to forum reviews you won't be disappointed, provided that it's the 4U version you're getting as the 3U can be slow.

I was about to give the TK9000 a shot today as well, but there was only the 3U available but I wanted one that would allow me to play doubles as well so gonna have to wait for restock.

17. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Had an up close look at TK-TF4F n JS-TF4E. Both looks real nice n kool. Am curious to c if TF4F has something in common with TK-9ooo.

TF4F has "scratchy" design around the head frame which I mistook initially as faulty batch. Was contemplating to get TF4F b4 noticing that the shaft is slimmer than that of TK-9ooo. In effect, that would translate to flexier shaft in gameplay. The steep price is another factor that keeps me away...(sigh)

Best to wait for review soon...!
    ( ●.●)

18. WOWSmasher

WOWSmasher Regular Member

n/a
    thank you for your insights... :) I think i'll be getting the tk9000 just to be sure for the said specs because based on what i read on other reviews for victors' rackets specs are vague... you will feel the difference in their series models once you used the rackets on a court :)

I think you are right that i will not be disappointed because the Thruster series were composed of great rackets... also based on their specs it will suit me just fine =)

19. OctoLotuS

OctoLotuS Regular Member

Promote and increase Badminton awareness in Wester
    I know what you mean by the "scatchy" marks TeddyC. It's quite visible too because the marks are grey and appear on a metallic blue base. I was worried at first but then realised it was part of the design.

Anyway, I had a try of the TK-9000 3U, TK-9000 4U, and TK-TF4F 3U for about 5 hours on the weekend.

For singles I would recommend the 3U TK-9000 and 3U TK-TF4F. Both feel almost identical to me with the 3U TK-TF4F a tad bit flexier on my backhand.

For tournament doubles matches, I would go straight for the 4U TK-9000. The 3U version is quite noticeably slower and will affect your speed in very fast high level games. I guess it depends on the game you're in. If you're against fast and strong opponents, using the 3U will put you at a great disadvantage. How often do you get that perfect opportunity under perfect conditions to do a perfect smash utilising the properties of a 3U? In tough games you're better off with the 4U version of this TK-9000 because you'll be relying a lot more on speed, finesse, & drops than power. The 4U version does not lack that much punch either so carrying around the 3U version for an entire doubles match for that rare golden opportunity for a well timed perfect smash isn't worth the trade-off.

Again, it depends on your play style, level of your opponents, and how serious you are. I'm more of a recreational player so I'm not too concerned about using my 3U TK-TF4F in doubles games. I play for fun and fitness.

20. Legitmeister

Product Designer
    Is the tk9000 4U bad for singles? how does the 3U and 4U compare, is there a big difference?