elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

yeah..yeah...i remember he like to smash to the net
    if play MD, always smash to net only :D:D

2. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I think Arif same height with yap kim hock & Markis kido

so got chance la

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    height is one thing
    ability is another thing;)

4. AmandaMun

AmandaMun Regular Member

student
    At one point, she wanted to quit badminton and focus on studies....
    wanted to study in the UK just like two of her brothers but i dont know why she stayed in the end.... Looks like she's made the right decision....

5. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

6. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hopes she dont end up like foo kok keong after a badminton career ends

7. jon_91

jon_91 Regular Member

Student
    what happened? im nt sure with the 20th century and below players happening

8. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

after watching the MO 2010,there are a few things that strike me.

1) we are still very much depending on our Established Players like LCW, WMC
    CEH/WPT. The only exception is the Mens Doubles and the Mixed Doubles in which we have a relatively young group.

2) We failed to develop our young talent as well as other countries.We need to recognise this as our young players are not in par with their so called peers who are their same level during the junior days.

3) As seen, we are not lack of talents but lack of know how and technics. Our current coaches are not committed enough to understand and study the weakness and the needs of the players.

4) Looking at the sizes and build of our players.Its look like our players are under nourished and they are not built like atheletics.

Hopefully BAM will recognise some of these pointers and do something about these.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

i'm sensing our Pemuda is gonna do another mini OpEd...;)

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    NSC warns national shuttlers to buck up

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/lo2ehsdf/Article/index_html

"We are very concerned with their (Hafiz and Beng Hong's) performances. However, Hendrawan will continue training them until June due to the Thomas Cup," said Zolkples.

"BAM is to review their performance after that and the onus is on these players to safeguard their careers in the lead-up to the Thomas Cup.

"Zakry-Fairuz have also not been pulling their weight and dropping them from the All England and Swiss Open is a wake-up call.
    "There are also several other players like Razif Latif and Ong Soon Hock who will be closely monitored as they have been around for some time."

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    my opinion after watching their game

ms
    of course there is improvement comparing 2009 mo and 2010 mo
    but is the improvement enough to be in the 2nd class?no
    be it tan chun seang,liew daren,chan kwong beng,chong wei feng or arif
    if u cant/dont want take the amount of training that lcw can,it is imposible to reach lcw level.
    if tan chun seang is under misbun from now on and willing to take the amount of training lcw can,then he will be the 3rd ms for malaysia in tc
    as for the 4th slot,its between ckb and cwf,with ckb have a higher chance

ws
    both julia and wmc need some good rest before come out and play again.
    if i am the man in charge,i will let them have enough rest before playing tournament again(their 1st tournament should be bac in india),at the same time,send lydia to more tournament.by the time uber cup start,lydia will be the 1st single and wmc is the 2nd and julia wong is 3rd.
    it is relatively better for malaysia that wmc and julia wong in 2nd and 3rd without write off lydia chance to create upset in the 1st ws.
    that will increase ours uber cup team chance to reach semi final:)
    the 4th ws would be tee jing yi.:)

md
    lufti,ong jian guo should concentrate in xd
    goh jian hao should patner chooi kah ming while lau win hwi patner pang zeng lin.
    razif is in the danger of say good bye to bam
    i believe either mak/tan or chan/lim will win the national grand prix final next week

wd
    goh liu ying should concentrate in xd
    woon/vivian should be our 2nd wd for uber cup but field woon/ng is a wise choice too as vivian lack in experience(which she should been send to more tournament)

xd
    mak should not play xd,rexy should let razif to patner ng hui lin
    or
    ong jian guo patner ng hui lin(this might be one of the top 2 pair for mas)
    and razif patner sabrina
    the progress of malaysia xd is notable and they will be strong enough for the sudirman cup next year if they have good exposure(dont give excuse as no fund:mad:)

#71 limsy, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Honestly, I think she should just focus on her studies. She is going nowhere with her badminton. Skills wise, she is below average.

#72 Pemuda, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You mean, you only found out we sucks after watching the MO?

Our so-called established shuttlers are questionable. LCW, despite back to back titles still have to prove that he can deliver on the big stage. WMC, she is already past her sell by date. Watching her play is a painful exercise. WPT/CEH, they cant do it against the top pairs.

Our juniors, back ups etc are all just not good enough. Yes, the whole lot of them. And the MO proved it.

Come TC, I doubt we can even make the semis. As for our UC team, the best we can hope for is that they make the score respectable. Our UC team is going to be an ideal punching bag. The only consolation for our women badminton is that some of our women shuttlers are pretty cute looking.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Off with Rashid Sidek, we should make Hendrawan the chief coach.
    For the backup players who are progressing, I only feel as if Tan Chun Seang or perhaps Chong Wei Feng are progressing......very slowly. The rest of the players are inconsistent or actually went downhill.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yup
    agree with the 1st sentence
    hendrawan should be the chief:mad:
    u will see more about their performance in german open/ae:)

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Got backup players going to the AE? I thought only LCW and HH... ;)

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    except liew daren and arif
    all the back up will go

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Hee Chun-Wee Kiong must learn to be a 'scary pair'

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/maugd/Article/index_html

well
    i surprise that the coach think mak hee chun didnt have that 'scary' characteristic:eek:
    hehe
    i always think he is another kkk on court with his eyes:D
    anyway
    looking forward to see them made to semis of gp gold by beaten the 2009 wjc md champion and chong/lee:)

20. jon_91

jon_91 Regular Member

Student

2010/02/01

By K.M. Boopathyboopathy@nst.com.my

THEY have the talent but lack the character.
    Because of this, Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong, touted as Malaysia's next top men's doubles pair, have struggle in the past year.

National back-up doubles coach Pang Cheh Chang said there is no doubting the talent and potential of Hee Chun, 20, and Wee Kiong, 21.

But they don't have the character to stare opponents in the eyes and impose an intimidating game which has made players like Lee Yong Dae of South Korea and even Koo Kien Keat exceptional.

Though the duo have yet to reach the final of an international tournament, Cheh Chang will let them fight for a place in the Thomas Cup squad by including them for the German Open on March 2-7.

Hee Chun-Wee Kiong are vying with older back-up pairs Ong Soon Hock-Hoon Thien How who are aged 25 and 24 respectively and Chan Peng Soon-Lim Khim Wah (aged 23 and 21). At least one pair will be included in the Thomas Cup squad.
    "They are very talented but that alone is not going to make them a world class pair. They lack the character to be successful and these are the qualities I want to see in them," sad Cheh Chang.

"Hee Chun-Wee Kiong must have the self belief to overcome the odds when they face a top 10 combination. It's no point winning a tournament where there are no top pairs. I want them to beat at least one world class pair in the Germn Open.

"The selection will be open but Hee Chun-Wee Kiong must show something exceptional in tournaments if they want to overtake Soon Hock-Thien How and Peng Soon-Khim Wah."

Hee Chun said his combination with Wee Kiong has improved and they want to impress in the German Open and achieve a dream debut in the Thomas Cup.

"Our results have not been impressive last year where we reached the semi-finals of the Malaysia Open but we haven't beaten any top 10 pairs yet.

"We are behind Soon Hock-Thien How and Peng Soon-Khim Wah in terms of experience but if we can make the Thomas Cup squad, it will make a big difference.

"We rely on our speed and power but we are still not top of our game. We have to be more explosive and also take our chances."

Hee Chun-Wee Kiong had a fairly good start in their first assignment abroad where they reached the quarter-finals in the German Open last year but failed to keep up the momentum after that.

Perseverance is Hee Chun's main virtue and this quality has earned him success in the World and Asian junior events despite partnering Teo Kok Siang, a singles player, in 2008.

A good start in the recent Malaysia Open where they beat veterans Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah should have given them some confidence.

The next test will be the National Grand Prix Finals in Johor Baru, where they will meet Tan Fook-Wan Wah, Peng Soon-Khim Wah and world junior Chooi Kah Ming-Ow Yao Han in group stage.

Wins over the three pairs will give them another boost before the German Open.