What EXCUSES will the badminton community give, now LD beat CJ

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open 2011' started by galaxyduo, Nov 19, 2011.

1. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Okay, we were all sure that LD would throw the match against CJ to help CJ qualify for the Olympics.

LD did the opposite of that - he put a big DENT in CJ's route to the Olympics.

Everybody was wrong about LD, LYB, and the China conspiracy. I assume that CJ can still qualify for the Olympics, but CJ really needed the win today.

So, what excuses does the community have?

2. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Let me start off the excuses then:

- China does not want to rig games in HK, because that is a loss of face to HK
    - LYB wants LD's ranking to go back up

etc, etc

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Of course arguments of your kind are bound to show up. Each time we talk about this on the forum, there is someone to deny the problem. Let me remind you that in many instances, and important ones, the CHN team admitted directly their cheating, which anyway every one could see easily in many cases.
    Otherwise, even without open confession, repetitions like the WO or the quitting by women doubles or mix doubles in recent tournaments when two CHN pair were against each other. No other team get so many injuries.

Now about LD's match against CJ, I do not know what was the strategy, but I was there, my seat in the first row, extremely close to the players, and it was very apparent - everyone felt it in the audience, that both LD and CJ were not playing seriously.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It means CHN has the confidence that CJ can get his ranking points in CO , looking at the redraw. Also LD would prefer to meet LCW in the final, rather than semi. If CJ can t get his ranking points by target date, CJ will just have to play in more GP tournaments to reach his target. But LD is head of the pecking order. He has to reach No 2 early so he has the freedom to go out first round after that, playing minimum tournaments. I m impressed with CHN s confidence. Maybe there will be more rigged redraws ( or draws) in future.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

The reason is simple. Both LD and LYB follow BC and they decided to spoil the party. :D

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

To ensure LD is seeded 2nd during OG. Next priority, CJ, he has to play some GP Gold tourneys, ensure he does well.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    why not u start explaining all the WALKOVERS & INJURIES, after all, these stuffs are happening regularly in china camp.

8. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    In Stephen Chow's God of Cookery, he said "If you can read my mind, I'm not the God of Cookery". LYB might have said the same thing. :D

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    I am the only one told the community that LD would beat CJ three times in a row to destroy his Olympic chance. As I said many times, 99% you guys thought you know about LYB, LD, CJ are wrong.

10. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

2Cents, I agree with you. LYB and LD are making it very hard for CJ because of LD's constant wins over CJ. CJ really needed the win today but was denied the win by LD.

11. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Anyone knows a little math also knows there is slim chance left for CJ collecting his Olympic points.

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    But why CL lost to CJ. At this stage, CL is better player than CJ.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how chen jin beat chen long?huh?

14. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Did you ask why cl lost to cj? Huh, is that a valid question?

Why cj lost to sasaki? Why ld lost to wyk?

This is badminton game, stochastic process, you have to solve ito integral to understand, not as simple as 3>2 that easy.

by the way, cj beat cl is not something new, nor some thing never heard of. Cj used to dominate cl for a long time. Cj is also a world champion, and all england winner while cl completed neither yet.

#14 2cents, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  15. policecop

policecop Regular Member

Well someone should have told him that.

Did you see the match? Chen Jin looked like he was out for an afternoon stroll most of the time. A ridiculous number of unforced errors from both players, lazy defence, taking shuttles that were clearly out. Chen Jin looked like he was aiming for the advertisement boards with some of his shots. I don't think Lin Dan and Chen Jin have ever played out a competitive match, and yesterday was no exception.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So observant. You sure use the right nick.

17. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

You don't make any sense. There is no reason for CJ not to try his best yesterday because he is desperate to get an Olympic spot.

This is very sad - how conspiracy theories can be made up, even when they don't make any sense.

18. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

2cents is right. It is very hard for CJ to get the remaining Olympic points to qualify with his loss to LD.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    do u watch the match? or chen jin tell u he is desperate?
    i am desperate to beat lin dan too,but can i?
    even if chen jin is desperate,can he beat lin dan?
    u seriously think he can beat lin dan without order?
    when is the last time they played a true match and chen jin won?

20. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Of course LD is better then CJ. But by a slim margin only, if they both play at their best. And in my opinion, CJ is better then CL. It is only that recently, there is a row of coincidences making CL look better : 1) CJ stopped playing hard after his WC 2010 and Asian Games, I don't know why 2) LD stopped playing seriously except for some big occasions (since quite a while now) 3) LCW stopped playing seriously after the WC in London. (It was quite clear that LCW didn't put his best this week against LD, and that shows that against a half-LCW, CL needs his full stamina while LD easily takes it.
    Anyway, it is very clear that the LD-CJ match sunday was nothing like the Axelsen-Gade match in the quarters of the Danish open. I mean it was not real.